Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on November 30, 2008
I have purchased a number of different food gift baskets over the years online, and its always a little difficult to determine which one to get. You have to carefully read the content descriptions, as some baskets have a lot of "filler" items. This makes it appear that you are getting a lot of food, but its crackers and condiments. My father liked this basket, he said the salami and other things were of good quality, so I would recommend it to others.
I would really like to see more food gift baskets that were filled with more "hard" food items like meat & cheese and less "fluff"
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2008
I'm really sorry to have to say this, but I HAVE to be HONEST! This basket was filled with less then desirable processed food-stuffs, I felt like I got a basket of lies. Appealing at first glance ( i.e. the nice picture ), a closer examination and taste of the actual food inside left me disappointed at the army survival canned last-a-thousand-years-on-a-shelf "food" they call gourmet.
I'd say most reviews of these baskets are done by people who are being polite because they received these baskets as a gift. I, on the other hand, can be honest here because I am self-indulgent enough to buy one for myself.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2009
Sent this to my dad for Father's Day and got a note a few days later saying, "some of the items in it were pretty tastless. The formaggio e vino had no trace of vino whatsoever. Some of the cookies and crackers had no taste to speak of and were only useful to scoop up the formaggio which wasn't remarkable. Whoever sold this to you may want to rethink their source. The basket is nice, however!"

So much for a nice Father's day gift!
33 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2014
This was the first time that I purchased this product as a surprise Easter gift for my wife of 45 years. The selection was varied and ranged from cake to candy to nuts. I thought that this would be an impressive present. However, I was both surprised and underwhelmed by how little the proportions were. For example, the chocolate raspberry cake came in a box roughly 7" x 4" x 1". However the cake was less about 35% of the size of the box it came in. For the price of this basket (~$45), the small proportions seemed both meager and, frankly, overpriced. If the rest of this company's products are like this, I'll avoid and certainly not recommend.
on December 22, 2010
I purchased this for my sister for Christmas, because she loves receiving food and gourmet baskets. This was my first order from this company. My sister said it was mostly filled with "fluff," and most of the products were stale. I would like to get a refund on this gift or send her a new one. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but she thought I would want to know. Nice basket, sis but almost everything was stale. Could this be last year's left overs? I would not reccommend this product. I give it an F for fraud advertising!
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2013
To be clear, this was gifted to someone that generally doesn't get excited about gifts. But honestly, I was expecting more of a wow factor. For the price, I think you're better off going with something less extravagent. You're paying double or more than the typical basket and I don't think you're getting as much wow factor as you should for this price.

UPDATE: My mother was honest with me and basically told me it was terrible... Don't buy it...
on October 19, 2015
The packaging for the items was a third to nearly 1/2 larger than it needed to be to hold the actual food provided, and appears to have been done to make it look like the purchaser or recipient was getting a lot more than what was actually provided.
on February 10, 2013
Parents loved this as their anniversary gift. They especially liked the cheeses, chocolate, crackers, and salami. Comes in a nice plastic-sealed wooden gift basket.
on April 8, 2017
This was a gift and I heard it was great!!
on March 20, 2017
she like it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.