Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 184 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on May 17, 2016
So far, this is my favorite Rend Collective album. I usually stream my music, but I bought this in a CD format for my mom.

Sometimes, albums are made up of a few radio hits and then a lot of filler. Not the case with this one. The tracks are a solid presentation, overall. Sure, there are some songs that are clearly radio-ready singles. Good hooks, worth playing multiple times. But even the lesser known songs are worth a second, third, and fourth playing.

The album is indeed a Celebration, with joyful instrumentation and arrangements for those who want to go beyond canned, overly processed, repetitive choruses that go on and on and on.

Rend Collective has other albums, but I'm reasonably certain this album will be the defining one for them.
on July 18, 2017
I know the album is old but I decided to pick it up anyway and I was not disappointed. While some of the songs are better than others, in my opinion, they are all great, and RCE really got down that feeling of victory and celebration in their songs. The instruments, the lyrics, everything comes together nicely to make for an album that is definitely worth buying. Great job RCE!
on February 5, 2015
This is truly an incredible album--currently one of my favorite Christian albums overall. I could go on and on about each song (and perhaps I might if I decide to edit this review), but I'll just briefly talk about my favorites:

- Burn Like a Star is a really invigorating and get-your-feet-moving sort of song that really does capture the idea of a burning desire for spiritual revival.
- More Than Conquerors is taken from Romans 8:37 and is a powerful defiant declaration to struggle with our sins, shame, and brokenness for the sake of Christ and by His power in us.
- Boldly I Approach makes references to Romans 8:1 as well as two hymns ("Before the Throne of God Above" and "O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing") and is an incredible song that really captures the gospel and how, though we are broken, guilt-ridden, and desperately struggling against temptation and sin, we can boldly approach God's throne because of Jesus's blood shed for us and celebrate in this fact that we are free from condemnation.

For someone looking for refreshingly invigorating, deeply convicting and relatable, Scripturally-solid music, this album is for you.
on March 17, 2014
But the WHOLE album is annointed!! This is music to shout to and music to worship to! Would have given it ten stars if I could.
WOW! Well done Rend Collective!
on January 7, 2015
Three and a half stars is more like it. Think of The Lumineers praising the Lord, which is nice enough, if little more than superimposing a fresh (and secular-derived) style onto standard-issue contemporary worship music (simple, repetitive, designed for singing along with . . . ) The "hey-ho" group backing vocals are well-suited to energetically expressing enthusiasm in a worship context, as are the predominantly brisk rhythms. It's important that the listener enjoys this flavor, as there's minimal variation throughout. Points for creativity and energy-boosting in a genre that as often as not is challenged in these areas. (full disclosure: I'm an older guy and recovering music snob with classic-rock/pop (pre-1990s) as my core preference, and not extremely fond of Americana OR the average contemporary worship music, something to keep in mind when considering my opinion.)
on April 12, 2014
The joy of the Lord is our strength!

This is a CD filled with joy, especially the truth of joy. That truth is that no matter what we are going through, no matter how dark the valley, how deep the waters, or in any season - the joy of the Lord is present.

I think so often we get caught up in our own joy. This joy (or happiness) comes and goes with the tides. This joy is situational, emotional, and in the flesh. However, we are not to live in or from this joy. We are to live with the joy OF THE Lord. This joy is in the Spirit and from the Lord. It cannot be swayed easily by any circumstance. Our joy is found in Jesus Christ and our salvation in Him! That is where our strength comes from friends. This is what this CD is about.

Musically, this CD has an Irish flavor and is very fun! There is a lot of traditional instruments, and I am loving the strings! They also mix it up with some new sounds. This is a must have for anyone.

PS - I saw these guys live a month ago and they lit the place up on St. Patty's Day eve in Orlando! So good live! (They used a bladder fiddle!)
on September 7, 2014
I bought this for "Lighthouse" and for several weeks thought that was the high point, but some of the other lyrics have sunk in and had me in tears, in a good way (I like to cry).

Boldly I approach Your throne.
Blameless, now I'm running home.
By Your blood I come,
Welcomed as your own
Into the arms of Majesty.

That is from my current high point. Grace never gets old.
on March 19, 2014
Rend Collective's heart for authentic community in Christ and His church comes out again in this awesome new release. This is an amazing album that even tops the others! The beautiful lyrics are filled with truth. "Boldly I Approach" is a beautiful worship song filled with the truths of God's might and holiness and yet His immanence and closeness to us and the truth that He is truly for His children. The anthem expresses the confidence we can have in approaching the Lord, and beautifully expresses the epitome of freedom and celebration found in Christ where we can be free from condemnation because He has freed us from all of our sin. All of the other songs are excellent as well. This album stands out as one with exquisite music that doesn't give up any opportunity to effectively proclaim the truth of the abundant life and beautiful community all are invited to in Christ Jesus. So thankful to hear an album that doesn't weaken one for the other of these virtues! This is definitely an album worth buying! and giving! :)
on April 28, 2017
A beautiful, inspirational album, that leads into a true celebratory worship. I love and treasure it.
on May 24, 2017
Very nice album. I love the banjo! Unique arrangements. Beautiful lyrics. Highly recommend.