- Hardcover: 248 pages
- Publisher: Capstone; 1 edition (June 3, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0857085387
- ISBN-13: 978-0857085382
- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 1 x 7.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #241,890 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Art of Conversation: Change Your Life with Confident Communication 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Apps leaves readers with the necessary confidence and perhaps a little swagger to become a venerable master of conversation. (Elite Business, June 2014) An educational, insightful and enjoyable book. Definitely worth a read. (Frost Magazine, June 2014)
From the Back Cover
Why is it some of us are stuck for words, but others blabber on? Why do we sometimes find ourselves stumbling, where others seem to converse so comfortably?
Good conversational skills can transform every aspect of your world. The simplest conversation can hold a hidden thread of the most intimate and fulfilling connection…if you know the secret.
It's about understanding how conversations work. By mastering the art of conversation, you will know the best way to start one, what to say, how to express yourself and engage with others more effectively.
You'll learn how to:
- Understand different levels of conversation and how they work
- Express yourself more powerfully with voice and body language
- Hold a conversation in tricky situations, such as speaking to those in authority, disagreements and confrontation
- Deal with conversational drains – those negative or self-critical people
- Overcome the most common block to good conversation – fear
- Listen dynamically and keep a conversation moving forward
- Build a closer connection with people who matter in your life
By learning the art of conversation, you will have a magic ingredient for wellbeing, success and happiness in many areas of your life.