- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: IBM Press; 1 edition (April 11, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137035713
- ISBN-13: 978-0137035717
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.2 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #342,638 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Art of Enterprise Information Architecture: A Systems-Based Approach for Unlocking Business Insight 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Architecture for the Intelligent Enterprise: Powerful New Ways to Maximize the Real-time Value of Information Tomorrow's winning "Intelligent Enterprises" will bring together far more diverse sources of data, analyze it in more powerful ways, and deliver immediate insight to decision-makers throughout the organization. Today, however, most companies fail to apply the information they already have, while struggling with the complexity and costs of their existing information environments. In this book, a team of IBM's leading information management experts guide you on a journey that will take you from where you are today toward becoming an "Intelligent Enterprise." Drawing on their extensive experience working with enterprise clients, the authors present a new, information-centric approach to architecture and powerful new models that will benefit any organization. Using these strategies and models, companies can systematically unlock the business value of information by delivering actionable, real-time information in context to enable better decision-making throughout the enterprise-from the "shop floor" to the "top floor." Coverage Includes
- Highlighting the importance of Dynamic Warehousing
- Defining your Enterprise Information Architecture from conceptual, logical, component, and operational views
- Using information architecture principles to integrate and rationalize your IT investments, from Cloud Computing to Information Service Lifecycle Management
- Applying enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) to bolster business functions, ranging from compliance and risk management to marketing and product management
- Implementing more effective business intelligence and business performance optimization, governance, and security systems and processes
- Understanding "Information as a Service" and "Info 2.0," the information delivery side of Web 2.0
About the Author
Mario Godinez, Executive IT Architect and IBM Senior Certified IT Architect (SCITA) within IBM’s Worldwide Information On Demand Architecture team, has spent 15+ years helping IBM customers architect and implement complex enterprise solutions.
Eberhard Hechler is an IBM Executive IT Architect and SCITA within the IBM Information Management Advanced Engagement Team and a member of the IBM Academy of Technology.
Klaus Koenig, an IBM Distinguished Engineer, leads major IBM initiatives in Cloud Computing, Green IT, service lifecycle management, and IT process automation.
Steve Lockwood works in the IBM Software Group as an Executive Architect and IBM SCITA and has 20 years experience in building information-related solutions.
Martin Oberhofer works in the IBM Software Group as an Architect for Enterprise Information Architecture with clients worldwide.
Michael Schroeck, a partner and the Global Business Intelligence (BI) and Information on Demand (IOD) Leader for IBM, Global Business Services, specializes in designing and implementing large, complex BI/IOD solutions.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews