- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Sterling (June 30, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 080694272X
- ISBN-13: 978-0806942728
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#3,577,319 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #162 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Tools
- #480 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Power Tools
- #3856 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Projects
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.10 shipping
+ $2.00 shipping
+ $3.90 shipping
The Art Of The Lathe: Award-Winning Designs Paperback – June 30, 1996
From Library Journal
Spielman, one of the best known and most prolific woodworking authors publishing today (e.g., The New Router Handbook, Sterling, 1993), has created what may be the finest general book available on lathe-turning. This title consists of three general sections: Lathes and their uses; how-to projects from a variety of artists featuring jewelry, bowls, a birdhouse, chess pieces, and a hand-held mirror; and a gallery of exceptional turnings. The latter two sections stand out because they include photos of the artists and biographies that tell of their experiences and philosophies of work. The excellent photographs and illustrations will inspire even the most jaded woodworker. This book will appeal to woodworkers of all skill levels and to wood artists.?Jonathan N. Hershey, Akron-Summit Cty. P.L., Ohio
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.