- Hardcover: 800 pages
- Publisher: Dark Horse Books (August 7, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506705812
- ISBN-13: 978-1506705811
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 3.8 x 14.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 41 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,443 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I-IV Hardcover – August 7, 2018
$2.39 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-6 of 41 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I pre-ordered this about six months before its release, without reading the details. I love anything Metal Gear related and just blindly ordered it as soon as i saw it. Well it just showed up at my door and I am BLOWN AWAY! This collection is absolutely amazing! It its actually a two book set - each book about 400 pages long, wrapped in a really cool slip cover that holds both books. One book is titled Studio Works and the other is titled Gallery Works.
Gallery works is everything promotional related - images from the instruction manuals, posters, finished sketches and paintings. Studio works is essentially all of the concept art and sketches. Between the two books, absolutely every piece of artwork produced for metal gears 1-4 (& peace walker) are included .
Overall, this collection is not to be missed. It is beautifully produced, the pages are thick, the printing is flawless, the binding is tight, and the presentation is on point. The art work is utterly incredible - i could look at yoji shinkawas work all day long, and thanks to this collection now i can! It is incredibly inspiring, so happy to have this in my collection!
I LOVE Shinkawa's stuff! His loose brush work is inspiring and his designs just blow my mind. He's one of the major reasons why so many people are huge fans of the series. I've been waiting a long time for a decent and reasonably priced Metal Gear artbook. If you've been waiting too, don't hesitate, buy this NOW! Hopefully we won't have to wait long for a book with art from Metal Gear Rising. If there are books already, could someone please point me in the right direction?
1. I received this set of 800 pages across the 2 books and I LOVE them, but there are some cons. While I did not receive them in as bad of a condition as expected, the glue on some of the pages are too ingrained in the edges of some of the pages in the gallery works. Strangely the studio works does not appear to be affected by the glue maybe due to the lack of colour(maybe part of the coloured ink that they used?) This results in the glue ripping the bottom of some of the pages. Pull CAREFULLY!
2. The aforementioned silver colouring at the edges of the pages has glitter on it to make it look cool.
3. The weight is 12 pounds. For a weakling, such as myself, it is difficult to carry around.
4. I don't care that MGSV isn't in it. There's so much in this collection that I'd be ok with paying another 10$ for the hardcover of the MGSV artbook.
5. While the outer case is spiffy, and wonderful, the inside is very tight for the two books and makes it difficult to pull out the gallery works if in its original location in the set.
These are the only cons I can think of really, its a wonderful amazing set otherwise.