Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Positive, Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on April 20, 2017
GOOD READ
on April 11, 2017
I was familiar with the racing name Art Pollard.
After reading this book I learned about a Great man, that
also happened to be a participant in a sport I'm passionate
to learn about what it takes to be a success.
Art Pollards story deserves to have been told, Thanks Author.
on April 2, 2017
I was a 14 year old boy in 1968 when I had the chance to see the Lotus 56 turbine cars run at the Rocky Mountain 150 in Colorado. I was super excited to see these revolutionary machines piloted by Art Pollard and Joe Leonard run in person. I still have my old photos taken from high in the grandstand above the track. I was young and admired the machines more than the men. After stumbling across this book, I know that I should have admired the drivers far more. While the book is written in a unique style, the message comes through loudly that Art Pollard was a great man. While he didn't have the success that I would have wished for him on the track, he had far greater success as a father, friend and human being than many of us could ever dream of. I'm glad that I got to know Art a little better through this book. The real achievements in life are not the ones that fill the record books.
on March 4, 2017
Father in law loved this book!
on March 4, 2017
very good read about a very good man and one hell of a racer!
on February 17, 2017
A very good book. If you're an Indy Car fan you need this. If you like racing then you will love this book. Well written, good info.
on January 5, 2017
The Pollard family were neighbors and life long family friends. My sons had heard me speak of Art all of their lives, so for Christmas, I gave them each this book. Their grandfather, my dad is in the book...one of Arts' early friends in Roseburg, Lee Holmes.
The book brought back so many wonderful memories. Thank you Bob Kehoe for writing it!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2016
It's about time for a book on my alltime favorite driver. So much was omitted, but overall a great, nostalgic ride back in time.
on June 7, 2016
When most people think of Art Pollard they think of him driving the Lotus 56 turbine in the 1968 Indianapolis 500.

He was much more than that, as Bob Kehoe's book shows. From the rivers and short tracks of Oregon to the speedways of the USAC Championship Trail, Pollard's story is one of speed, daring, and accomplishment.

Along the way he made a lot of friends and did his best to help others, which made his tragic and untimely death while practicing for the 1973 Indianapolis 500 even more painful to those who knew and loved him.

Art Pollard on the race track and in life proved that nice guys don't necessarily finish last. This book is a testament to that man.