|Print List Price:||$21.95|
Save $15.00 (68%)
The Art of Product Management: Lessons from a Silicon Valley Innovator Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
which is not exactly the case here.
Some blog posts, included into the book, are pretty outdated, like articles from 2002 (in the SaaS part) - this is usually the case with books, compiled out of blogs. Problem is that blog is inherently a diary-like thing, so some posts are older then the others. And publisher require certain amount of pages ...
Some important items (like project management or requirements management systems) are missing in the relevant sections. This is another problem with books, derived from blogs: blog posts are usually written 'under influence' of the moment, so we tend to talk about things that are important to us today, not about all impotant things.
When you forget that this collection of essays takes the 'form' of the book, everything else is actully pretty fine. Essays are organized by topic and are pretty much independent of each other.
Interesting moments (extremely subjective):
-pretty good generic discussion of the place of product manager in the organization and "owning the gaps"
-nice argument about the balancing position of the product manager between engineering and sales
-good explanation of the differences between various roadmaps for various audiences
-book emphasizes the importance of what I call "necessary amount of beuracracy" or what the author calls "defensive processes"
BOTTOM LINE: A fair collection of essays. Probably nothing new for a veteran product manager. Maybe used, but not really, for a complete rookie,simply because of the fact that it's not a book, hence lack of coherence and flow. Definitely useful reading for a mid-start product manager.
As another reviewer notes, some of the technologies and examples mentioned are now obsolete but the concepts remain true over time.
Mironov's breezy writing style is fresh and entertaining. The book reads more like a series of conversations than a college thesis, and offers practical advice that you can use right away.
The Art of Product Management is a great supplement to my own Strategic Role of Product Management which is more of an overview of product management.
I read this book after being a product manager for around 2 years and felt I should have gotten a different book instead but still, it didn't feel like a complete waste of money.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Why I...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Industries > Computers & Technology
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Information Management
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Product Management
- Books > Business & Money > Skills > Decision Making
- Books > Computers & Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Information Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Technology > Innovation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology