The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
As the Cantonese say, yauh peng, yauh leng, which means “both inexpensive and beautiful.” Why use anything else?
R has a number of virtues:
- It is a public-domain implementation of the widely regarded S statistical language, and the R/S platform is a de facto standard among professional statisticians.
- It is comparable, and often superior, in power to commercial products in most of the significant senses -- variety of operations available, programmability, graphics, and so on.
- It is available for the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- In addition to providing statistical operations, R is a general-purpose programming language, so you can use it to automate analyses and create new functions that extend the existing language features.
- R includes a library of several thousand user-contributed packages.
- It incorporates features found in object-oriented and functional programming languages.
- R is capable of producing beautiful graphics for your presentations, reports or articles.
About the Author
- Item Weight : 1.65 pounds
- Paperback : 404 pages
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.91 x 11 inches
- ISBN-13 : 978-1593273842
- ISBN-10 : 1593273843
- Publisher : No Starch Press; 1st Edition (October 15, 2011)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #103,742 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: