Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 22, 2016
I love this book. Chock full of inspiration and guidance. Various tips and techniques from a myriad of fabulous artists.
If you wish you were an "artist", I highly recommend you purchase this book. Your perception of your dream becoming a reality just might change. Create, Be fearless and make a mess!
on January 20, 2012
I got this book after Christmas using an Amazon gift card that my nephew and his wife gave me. After the decorations were all put away, I picked the book up and began to read. I like the idea of creating a journal (10-minute journal) that you use throughout the book. It took me longer than ten minutes though because it was so simple and easy that I got caught up in making backgrounds. Then the next day I started a piece working from the instructions in the book. I loved how it came out and there were pictures for every step of the way. I look forward to working through more of the projects and trying my hand at some different techniques or ways of using products that I have but don't use often. I've re-discovered the fun of using light molding paste which was sitting forlornly on my shelf. If you are short on time, you'll like this book. Most of the "chapters" or articles are 1-2 pages long and filled with photos so you won't feel overwhelmed trying to read, comprehend and follow the process. It was short enough to finish a piece and eagerly look for the next step in my journal. Happy creating!
on November 15, 2012
When looking for a book to cover in my studio's book club I rarely come across a book as perfectly suited as Art at the Speed of Life. Each project has detailed instructions and photos that are extremely helpful. I loved the way Pam took inspiration from multiple artists then offered a "speed of life" project that was inspired by their work. The book offered diversity and inspiration for taking my art to the next level. As a side note...I have a hard time not using Pam's "grungy glaze" recipe on everything!

Even more rare is to find a book I will cover a second time for a book club! A group of 11 of us met for 7 weeks to go through the process of the "7 day journal." As an added challenge we spent only 1 hour per week covering the techniques. What an amazing experience! At the end of the 7 sessions we had a lush art journal ready to continue layering and living in.

Thank you Pam for an amazing reference book. This is a staple in my library and I refer to it often.
2 people found this helpful
on February 6, 2018
I almost never really read these type of books. I skim through them, pick out projects that I might do, flag them and that’s that. Not so with this writer. There is definitely something different about her; she is actually interesting and effective. And she was doing this before the masses.
on November 23, 2013
I am just now reading this book for the second time, having gotten into working in journals. Wow. Pam is already one of my favorite artists and with this book she shows how to make the most of a few minutes to make art -- so needed in our 24/7 lifestyle. Great new ides and techniques.
on April 10, 2011
I have been following Pam Carriker and her art journey for quite some time. I could hardly wait for her book to come out!!!! I had pre-ordered it and was so anxious for it to arrive. This is a book filled with Pam's insight and talents on mixed media painting. She shares with you so openly how she does her creating; her willingness to share astounds me. It is full of step by step projects and inspirations. She takes you through the techniques and all the supplies you need to accomplish your very own artwork. The photographs are beautiful and her written word is done so beautifully, it is truly speaking with passion and knowledge. She truly does inspire you to make art an everyday part of your life. You don't want to miss this opportunity to learn with Pam. Reading her book is like having her right there in your studio and she is teaching you every art step along the way. I have purchased this book for friends who are just beginning into the world of mixed media painting and they have loved this book as well. I feel it is a gift that I can give to them, a gift of creative motivation to get them started in this incredible art journey.

So curl up with a cup of hot tea, a comfortable place to read and visit with a very talented and sharing friend. You won't want to put it down unless you are ready to get into the studio and begin your own painting journey.
One person found this helpful
on March 15, 2011
The cover of this book is delicious and the journey through it made me hungry to try out some of the many mixed media techniques shown in it.
The size of it makes you want to reach out and touch it.
I took it along to my acrylic painting class that I run at Rotorua Arts Village in New Zealand and everyone wanted to borrow it.
But I wouldn't let it out of my sight. I told them to buy their own copy.
I have noticed some negative reviews about it online and I want to assure people that I find them unwarranted. I am an experienced professional artist/teacher and for the purpose of exploring mixed media techniques this book has plenty to challenge me.
It is beautifully produced.
You can also google the author Pam Carricker and watch her free videos which also adds to the experience.
Pam is attractive and talented and it shows in the production of this book.
Buy it you'll love it.
If she produces another one I will get it.
Regards Janet Keen from New Zealand [...]
on February 2, 2011
Just received my copy of this book in time for our horrid winter weather. It was such a delight to curl up and read. Lovely eye candy and fun techniques. I especially enjoyed the practical advice (do batches of backgrounds) and accessible products (gel hand cleaner transfers) covered in the book. I think that any level of artist could find a lot to like here. And the step outs are particularly detailed which is nice!!
29 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2013
I really enjoyed this craft book, and I have purchased a lot of books, but this one was incredibly useful, I didn't know about pam carriiker until I purchased and watched her whimsical face download at interweave, I really recommend this book along with her download you can learn so much and I got a really good price for a perfect book
One person found this helpful
on December 8, 2014
This is a great book! The artists are encouraging in their comments, the instructions are easy to follow, and the art is fun and inspiring. What's not to like?
2 people found this helpful