Industrial Deals HPC Prime Day Prime Day Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. Prime member exclusive. New subscribers only. Just $7.99/month after. Terms apply. Starting at $19.99 Grocery Handmade Prime Day modern furniture and decor Up to $50 off Home Services Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members  Echo Devices Starting at $29.99 All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(5 star). See all 67 reviews
on January 27, 2018
This book really delivers like no other self help book because after working with the information presented for a few months now there is a shift that has occurred in me that hadn't occurred in working with therapists and lots of other books and information on how to raise your self esteem or create self compassion. I am kind and loving to myself, with much less negative self talk. I have a different relationship to self. Some of the information is very affirming if you have been on an awareness journey for many years from being in a lot of emotional pain, depression, and/or anxiety. A life changing chapter, that I initially skipped because it is quite long and the information dense, is "The Great Balancing Act." Read that chapter a few times and work with the concept presented! I believe Vironika Tugaleva is an awakening master similar to Eckhart Tolle, and the information she shares of the same value as "The Power of Now."
8 people found this helpful
on March 6, 2018
What a great book for anyone trying to make sense of life and the constant conversations that go on in our minds. "If the voice in your head is you, whose listening to it?" Vironika Tugaleva takes great leaps in explaining some common things we all experience. I recommend this book highly. Take your time and remember, this book is a guide, not an answer. A great read to ponder and enjoy on your own path.
on July 18, 2017
If you're ready to take the next step, read this. I'm about to read it again to soak up the beautiful truths.
5 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2018
Immense wisdom, ever changing words...it really makes you think learn to apply to our everyday life for the better, for your whole life. It got deeply into me, had to re-read a couple pages since it is a lot of information at once, wrote things down and helped myself analyze everything. Highly recommended for the inner truth seekers.
2 people found this helpful
on July 15, 2018
This book is fantastic! I highly recommend to anyone who is trying to increase their self-awareness!
on April 29, 2018
There is a lot of info here. It is for people not to far along the path. I had already done all this work years ago and it was encouraging to see how much I have already achomplished.But it is good and young people are going to have something to take with them after completing it.. Something I learned a long time ago is the student has got to be ready for the info. If not you just won't notice the wisdom. but this is a good book for those not to far down the trail.
on June 15, 2017
Over a decade ago when I started my own healing journey, I was a bit of a self-help addict. I felt broken, beyond help. Even so, I read countless books searching for answers to the questions floating around in my head: Would I ever be enough? Could I really heal? I wanted a magic pill/book/guru to come save me from myself. One day a friend said to me, "When are you going to stop? When are you just going to listen to your own wisdom and heal yourself?" It had never occurred to me that I could do that. Heal myself? Was that even possible? I only wish I had had a book like this back then. Rather than seeking validation and help from external sources, in The Art of Talking to Yourself, Vironika encourages us to tap into the fountain of our own inner wisdom. She teaches us to listen, and more importantly, to trust ourselves as our own gurus.
13 people found this helpful
on June 17, 2017
The world is full of “experts” who are willing to tell you exactly what to do and how to live your life to find happiness, succeed in business, or almost anything else where you have a desire but don’t know how to go about achieving what you want in life. “Just follow my 5-step process,” “the step-by-step way to get what you want,” “the secret to succeeding at” almost anything is waiting for you at any bookstore, or online where all sorts of “experts” are willing to enroll you in their programs that promise success and fulfillment if you will just adopt their proprietary system.

The Art of Talking to Yourself is NOT a book in this genre of “expert” answers to all your questions. In fact, Viktoria Tugaleva states, right from the beginning, that she is not an expert, but a fellow traveller on the road to seeking wisdom and insight, not one who is there to sell you answers, but one to help you to ask questions. If you want easy answers, this is not your book. But if you want honest counsel, you’ve come to the right place.

There are no easy answers, Tugaleva writes, but there are honest questions. And the answers are not out there, but inside yourself. The key is to ask yourself the questions and listen to your own soul to find the path of self-knowledge and wisdom. This book is refreshing in its honesty and forthrightness. It won’t lead you down a garden path only to leave you disappointed when the “answers” don’t lead to the promised success and happiness, but it will point you to the one place where the meaning you’ve been seeking resides––in yourself.

If you want real meaning in your life, you will need to create it. If you want to really know yourself, you will need to embark on a journey of self-discovery. In The Art of Talking to Yourself, Vironika Tuvaleva stands ready to help you start that journey and walk alongside you as a guide––not an expert, but a fellow seeker––to share with you what she has learned in her years of walking down this path. The journey is well worth taking.
7 people found this helpful
on June 16, 2017
This is a anti-self-help-book that is truly a self-help book at its loving core. Author Vironika Tugaleva does everything in her considerable power to turn you towards the answers that lie within you. As Vironika writes, “The purpose of this book, more so than to provide tricks and tips, is to encourage you to travel with your eyes open, your heart courageous, and your mind always ready to learn.”

Author Tugaleva alerts us to the many traps of abdicating our own best answers, and the pitfalls of relinquishing our power to other, even well-meaning, voices eager to tell us how to live our lives. As she writes, only we, ourselves, can travel that journey to The Self. This is a much-needed truth! Nonetheless, we can still be grateful for the helping hands and inspiring words we find on our journeys. Vironika Tugaleva is one such guiding spirit that is destined to help many people along the way: a truly generous leader on the path to the self, and a writer of immense talent.
4 people found this helpful
on June 16, 2017
I found “The Art of Talking to Yourself,” both fascinating and useful.

In my review of it, I make liberal use of quotes from the book. In my opinion the book speaks best for itself.

Self-help usually means finding someone to teach you skills, either via a class, workshop, magazine, book, or online—to help you with their techniques or by example. And often paying a lot for it. In the beginning of the book, this idea is examined: "The warning I want to give is not about self-help but consumerism." This is paradoxical.

"Part of my task is to leave you with some firewood and show you some pathways to find more. But my ultimate task is to encourage you to seek and find your own paths. I do not hope to show you the most sustainable way to gather kindling for the blaze inside your soul. More than anything, I want to show you the beauty of fire and awaken you to your inner urge—the same urge I found within me—to keep that fire burning."

I love the liberal and skilled use of metaphors to make the difficult become obvious.

"We are encouraged to begin the inner dialogue—to become best friends with the one person we will be with our whole life: ourselves."

These are some of the concepts dealt with: self-compassion, self-trust, awareness of one’s true self, being curious instead of judgmental, flexibility in the face of constant change, examination, observation, questioning, responsibility towards self.

"Of all the questions we ask ourselves from day to day, perhaps the most important is 'What does this mean?' This simple query is a catalyst between reality and our perception of it."

"To keep hold of reality, we must welcome and embrace its paradoxes.
With inner balance, you can live a fuller life instead of only playing one small part in it."

The descriptions of process revolve around the inner communication as if the different parts of oneself were having a conversation. This is done very cleverly.

"You will forge your path as you walk it. The more you experience this, the more you will see how useless, and even dangerous, this book can be. And the more you realize how much this book can never do, the more you will come to appreciate the small purpose it can serve: to show you the warmth of your inner fire and inspire you to keep it kindled."

As a self-published author myself,
The Bumpy Road, A Memoir of Culture Clash Including Woodstock, Mental Hospitals, and Living in Mexico, I really appreciate the last chapter, entitled: "How You Can Help (The 'Marketing Plan')." I’ll leave that up to you to enjoy.

For anyone interested in improving themselves, in any way, this book is a must read.