|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $8.00 (53%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
The Art of Trapeze: One Woman's Journey of Soaring, Surrendering, and Awakening (The Awakening Consciousness Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
"We've all dreamed about making the big leap: a new job, a new country, a new life. Molly McCord did all three, leaving a stable but unsatisfying career in Seattle to start over in Paris, a city she'd never seen. Sheshares the story in The Art of Trapeze -- part memoir, partinstruction manual for choosing a different path. As the title implies,trusting yourself as your feet leave the platform is the hardest andmost necessary part. Enjoy McCord's trademark blend of humor, honesty, and self-reflection." ~ Seattle Review of Books
"Beautifully written, charmingly funny - even hilarious - and remarkably open, honest, and down-to-earth, Ms. McCord has gifted us with a pure example of how life can be such a beautiful, grand adventure..." ~ Starfield Press
"The Art of Trapeze had me swingingthrough a swirl of spirit and sisterhood. An intensely relatable read-down to earth, charming, humorous, poignant, and infinitely wise - forthose of us on the path of self discovery and even those who just want a good story - you will love this book!"~ Sass Jordan, Juno Award-winning Artist, Canadian Idol Judge, Broadway actress
"This is aninspiring memoir about a brave go-getter who makes things happen! McCord offersa way to reinterpret spiritual descents into the mines of our consciousness ... She guides us readers into the power ofreemergence as the shining jewels we really are." ~ Rosemary Sneeringer, Literary Editor, Author, TheBookNurturer.com
"In many ways, Molly tells you how to be brutally honest with your ownsoul and get on with your own life in an extremely courageous way." ~ Rick DiClemente, Author
"Her fierce determination and belief in herself never fails as she chases her Heart to the heart of her true Self." ~ Lloyd Thompson, Author, Energy Healer, Teacher
"If you've ever dreamed about a new job, a permanent vacation to anothercountry, or finding a special person to share your life with, you'llprobably find a little of yourself in Molly's story. And if you allowit, you might just find a little more of yourself, too." ~ Daryl, Amazon Reviewer
From the Author
1. You'll only feel good about what you write if it comes from your heart, which feels like a risk at first. However, there are enough ego-based books out there, full of platitudes and typical outcomes and mainstream advice so trust that what you authentically share is relatable.
2. You'll hate the book a million times before you hit publish on Amazon. It will be in the trash, the gutter, and heavily edited many times as you wrestle with what to say. The creative process is never dull.
3. Private messages from readers will touch you. Discussing depression, success, love, adventure, emotional vulnerabilities, and fears on paper will push you deeper into yourself. It will all sound crazy and lonely at times, until you receive unexpected feedback, such as:
"Molly, This book is going to stay with me for a while. Thank you for its gifts."
"I have experienced many of the things you shared in your memoir, but as a male, it isn't socially acceptable for me to put it out there."
"Your words inspired me to heal something I've been avoiding. I also shared this book with my best friend, I hope you don't mind."
4. An author never minds if you share their book with your best friends.
5. It will be the worst book in the world to some reviewers. That's okay. Bad reviews are part of being a public artist; it comes with the territory. (Personal attacks are, unfortunately, normal for authors these days. They come in when a few people see your book's success and want to publicly diminish you. Readers are smart; they see through this.)
6. It will be the best book in the world to other reviewers. (Just do not tell these people about Hemingway, Angelou, Thoreau, Joyce, Theroux, Whitman, Kingsolver, Harper Lee, Dr. Seuss, etc.)
7. Neither being the best nor the worst will be true. You'll just be the best writer you could have been at that time.
8. With a memoir, your children will see the truth of who you were back when you were young, adventurous, foolish, unrestrained, and open to the world. Perhaps you will have forgotten this version of yourself, too, until you catch a brief glimpse of the book cover somewhere out in the world.
9. At the end of your life, you'll be proud that you took a shot and contributed a small fraction of a small life story to the larger whole of storytelling.
10. Take the risk to go deeper. Memoirs have the power to intimately connect with a reader. Honor this opportunity in the best way you can.
- File Size : 4317 KB
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B00DIRYIBE
- Publication Date : December 1, 2013
- Print Length : 327 pages
- Publisher : Spirituality University Press (December 1, 2013)
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #612,593 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: