- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: The Long Riders' Guild Press (October 1, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 159048052X
- ISBN-13: 978-1590480526
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.7 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,451,771 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Art of Travel Paperback – October 1, 2001
Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of the advice is decidedly not politically correct. The author, Francis Galton, reflects the attitudes of British white males of the 1850's towards non-white people. As a historical record, these parts make interesting reading. Simply reading something now-thought offensive does not make the modern reader offensive.
The majority of the book, though, contains politically-neutral advice of value to today's travelers, especially if they are going to camp out in the bush.