- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: No Starch Press; Second Edition edition (June 12, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593274149
- ISBN-13: 978-1593274146
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 0.6 x 10.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 43 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #473,273 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Artist's Guide to GIMP, 2nd Edition: Creative Techniques for Photographers, Artists, and Designers Second Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
5 GIMP Tips from the Author
- Like things just so? Your favorite Tool Option configurations can be saved as presets. Use the buttons at the bottom of the Tool Options dialog to save, load, and delete presets.
- Color tools can be added to the Toolbox using the Preferences dialog. Go to Edit > Preferences, then select Toolbox.
- Need quick access to layer functions? Right click on any layer in the Layers dialog.
- Hold Ctrl when using the Rotate tool to rotate layers in 15-degree increments. Likewise, hold Shift+Ctrl when using the Paintbrush tool to draw lines in 15-degree increments.
- Using full-size layers when you don't need to can slow GIMP down. To remove transparent and unused regions of a layer, select and copy the area of interest and paste it into a new layer, then delete the original layer.
About the Author
Michael J. Hammel has been involved with GIMP since version 0.54 and was a contributor to the early development of the program. Hammel wrote a column on GIMP for Linux Format for three years and is the author of The Artists' Guide to the GIMP and Essential GIMP for Web Professionals. He is an embedded software engineer living in Colorado Springs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Artists Gude to Gimp covers Gimp 2.8 and is well laid out and easy for novices to understand. If you need it for reference on 'how to subjects' I can highly recommend it.
Making new Brushes is easily followed and give instructions that even I could follow.
I suggest that you "have a go at all tutorials and work through with the program running. remember it is not a romantic best seller.
I recommend the Artist's Guide to Gimp to any one Novice or experienced
[[ASIN:1593274149 The Artist's Guide to GIMP: Creative Techniques for Photographers, Artists, and Designers (Covers GIMP 2.8)
It provides step by step tutorials that are easy to follow and help you see how different techniques of gimp can help you with your projects.
In comparison with todays video tutorials I like written tutorials much better because you and mark the pace that suits you and your learning level. The book shows the navigation rutes that are easy to follow. something that I found quite hard with free video-tutorials.
I still don't have worked through all the tutorial but I always see that I can learn still very much from this book to get better results with gimp.
Thank you for this great book.
Most recent customer reviews
but some amazing text effects. A must have for Gimp users.