Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 4, 2015
Very, very disappointed with the quality of these glasses. I originally purchased a set six back in 2010 at a department store. I use to love Artland Iris brand because the glass was so thick and durable. In fact, it took me five years to break my first glass. I was eager to replace the broken glass and add some extras. I was thrilled to find them available on Amazon. The experience was disappointing from the onset. I ordered four glasses and received only two. I contacted Amazon and they offered to send me four additional glasses at no charge - which I thought was nice - UNTIL I received only two of the four glasses promised with one that was broken. While I am disappointed with Amazon's customer service - although they did attempt to resolve the matter - I still only received three of the four glass originally ordered. I am more disappointed with the diminished quality of the Artland Iris glasses. They are not as thick as the ones I purchased five years ago. I was willing to pay more for the thickness but instead got a poorer quality glass that could not handle a ride in UPS truck. I recently purchased - per their rave reviews - a set of four Bormioli glasses - made in Italy - and what a quality difference - thick and durable like Artland Iris use to be. Buongiorno, Bormioli! Arrivederci", Arltand Iris!
28 people found this helpful
on October 1, 2012
I loved the look and feel of these glasses. They got many compliments from visitors. I've had mine for about a month now, and one of them cracked tonight when I poured cold water into it. Fortunately, the glass didn't shatter, but it is completely unusable. Something about the way these glasses are made causes them to crack and break for no reason. Of course, now I see the other reviews bringing up this problem, too, but it's too late for me. It's not too late for you! You're better off buying a sturdier glass elsewhere.
45 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 3, 2016
These are NOT so GREAT! Here it is a year later and a whole new attitude on these! I didn't realize at first that there was something VERY wrong with these glasses on their constant cracks and breakage. I lost 2 of the highball glasses right away. The bottoms just fell off and the glass’s broke! WOW! And 3 of the tall water glasses soon after had cracks in them from NOTHING!! I was washing one of the tall glasses and as I was rinsing, I HEARD it crackI This glass was in perfect shape. I had it in m y hands with a sponge inside and I started to rinse and it CRACKED FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP IT CRACKED WHILE IT WAS IN MY HANDS!!!!!! I HAVE FOR over 45 YEARS COLLECTED FINE GLASS AND Stemware AND I BABY EACH AND EVERY GLASS I HAVE!! I am about to lose a third glass (water) any day now. I did not realize until I lost the 2 highball glasses and the first water glass that these glasses had cracks in them! (all each and EVERY glass breakage started at the bottom and the cracks worked their way UP the glass! HEATBREAKING!) As well packed as these are, or were, I am very good with my pieces, I collect ANTIQUES- CRYSTAL STEM glasses, so I know delicate and I also know how to treat all my glassware. The minute I lost 3 of the glasses, I turned around and ordered another set of 4 of each! And when I saw yet ANOTHER crack going up from the bottom of each one of these glass's I knew something was up! THEN I am reading all the other responses to these and I see these are made in CHINA!! For the price, I was under the impression we were buying QUALITY! And at these prices, I expect to have these glasses replaces! As I said, I treat ALL my glassware as if it were crystal stemware. What I would like is for you to replace 2 of the Highball glass's and 4 of the Water glass's. And that would make everything just fine, I will never buy from China again! The problem here is I didn't think I was!
I did order a new set of each in the tall and highball glasses. Now, had “I” broke these glasses, I would not be saying one word about these breakings, but I have kept questing my involvement! It is NOT me, it is NOT necessarily you, but it is problem with the glass’s! Knowing this, please send my money back for 2 sets of the Highball glass's and 2 sets of the tall water glasses! . We work too hard to buy substandard pieces. I know I went in the direction of the delivery people, but honestly, there just is NO quality in these that broke! I do hope you will find another supplier of these glasses, (I am in the jewelry business, so I know whom and where to buy from! and I quit China a long time ago!) Just exactly how is it anyone can except a breakable item to be made and shipped from a country that far away from us and in the mass that China makes items! QUALITY!! it just is NOT there! All I want is my money back, I will gladly send you back these glasses, but be aware, everyone of them IS cracked, oh and I did throw away the first 2 highball glass's NOT knowing exactly the reason for this breakage! NOW I KNOW! DO NOT BUY THESE GLASSES- IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF YOUR ,ONEY AND TIME!!!
Chauncey
8 people found this helpful
on December 12, 2016
I'm in-between homes, but I'd always wanted glasses like these at my next dinner table, so I bought them now in case I'd forget about them later lost in my Amazon Wish List of 500 items! So while I didn't feel like unpacking them just to have to repack them since I'll be moving in a month, I also wanted to make sure none were broken, so I did it even though I didn't feel like it. Happy to report that they are very well-packaged in solidly-built boxes with individual compartments for each glass & each is wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap. So they were all in perfect shape. They are also very sturdy, heavy glasses which helps on the breakability front.
3 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2015
The image here on Amazon of the Ruby colored set of 4 Artland Iris Highball Glasses can be misleading because the bottom of the glasses appears to round. Fortunately for me, I already had a set in another color so I knew what to expect. The glasses have no curve to them at all; they are perfectly straight bottom to top rim.

The bubbled effect is stunning in these rich jewel tones.The glass is thick, so they are a bit on the heavy side, but that also provides a bit of "breakage insurance" if it tips over. Because of the shape, the glasses are easy to hand wash, but they are also dishwasher safe.

These glasses are beautiful and function wonderfully; I plan to order more in other colors.
on February 3, 2015
Beautiful. we painted our kitchen red. These are perfect accents.
review imagereview image
14 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2015
I bought these as a gift for a wedding. The bride loves all things ocean and beachy, and the bubbles with the blue seemed right up her alley.

I was disappointed when they arrived, because one arrived shattered. The packing was mediocre at best and they arrived too close to the wedding to order a replacement (Partly my fault with the timing, I will admit, but still, when you order a product- especially a glass one- you expect it to arrive in amazing condition). Luckily, Amazon has amazing customer service and gave me a full refund. I kept the three other glasses for myself and I used the money to buy an obligatory Bed Bath and Beyond gift.

Had the glasses not broke, they would have made a good wedding gift and I think the bride would have been happy with them. They are unique and fun and compliment casual dining ware. They're good for orange juice, soda, or if it's after 5 PM, a rum and coke.

Because the glasses are hand blown, the lip and the glass itself's thickness is not level. The glasses are thin at one side and a bit thicker at the other. I'm guessing this is natural to the process? It doesn't bother me, but I could see it bothering someone who appreciates symmetry.

The other thing is that for highball glasses, they are VERY wide. About the width of a mason jar. They could double as small vases. They'd look nice as a small vase too, I guess. I prefer slimmer glasses myself, which is why I'm knocking off a star.

They're not perfect, but they're nice
2 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2017
I received the slate blue pitcher for my bridal shower. By the time I used it, it had been over a year later and the item I received was most likely defective since it would constantly leak water from the handle. Well it got worse and you could hear the handle cracking away from the glass as you lifted it. I finally found a replacement on amazon and decided to give it another try. Immediately filled it with water and so far so good. Next time I won't be waiting so long to make sure it's ok.
I love the look and how it completes my dining and drink ware set.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2017
The glasses themselves are pretty but when they arrived one glass was completely shattered in the bottom of the box so now I only have three glasses, I didn't figure it was worth trying to send the entire box back for one class so I kept them but very disappointed that I don't have a full set now
review imagereview imagereview image
on February 17, 2016
Made for Ginormous hands. Overly Packed but thankful. I believe the seller spent more on the packaging than I did on the entire purchase. These glasses / Goblets are True Art. Very attractive. Vibrant Color. Substantial feel. The Stem is huge and very wide. I have roomy cabinets however, I couldn't fit them inside. Now, instead I display them on a very large silver tray.
I absolutely do recommend them dispite the size. They do make for fun Wine or Beverage Glasses. Great Conversational piece.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.