Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,482 reviews
on December 25, 2016
This book was a complete life change for me. My entire life I have always been moody, emotionally unstable, tossed to and fro by my thoughts, bubbling with enthusiasm one moment and then sulking in a stupor the next. My last relationship was destroyed by such a mindset. Although I had ideas of what had gone wrong, this book eloquently expounded on ideas that I had vague thoughts of, but was unable to put into words. The first time I was able to put the knowledge I learned from this book into practice was a emotionally explosive moment as I realized that I finally was able to control my thoughts and take a hold of my mind. Would highly recommend this book to any and all.
on January 21, 2017
There are interesting topics, there are entertaining articles and there are fun to read books. Then there is As a man thinketh. As you read this book you just can't help but feel more pure and light hearted & faithful about the future. The author James Allen seems like an amazing character, a real honest man. This book not only lightens my day whenever I read it, but is sure tattooed deep into the very core of my own life philosophy. I would give it a 10 out of of 5 stars.
on April 26, 2017
The truth in every page of this book is timeless. Written many years ago it can be applied and lived out in every generation. I believe that this book if given to a young person and that young person takes it to heart, it will mold them into a person of strength and integrity and set them on a path and build the type character that could change their world for good. And for the person who finds this book later in life it can have a profound impact for the rest of their life. If read every year it can have the effect of a good devotional to keep one's goals always in front of them. Great book don't miss it.
on March 29, 2016
As A Man Thinketh is a very thoughtful little book, clarifies how powerful the mind is and most of life's consequences begin in the mind both good and bad. Reminds me of a scripture:" As a man thinketh in his heart so he is." We are what we dwell upon.
on September 9, 2014
Years ago, my father asked that I read this book as a teenager. I laughed at him and I never read it. 33 years later, I listened to an audio book of "As a Man Thinketh" narrated by Earl Nightingale. I was blown away. After half a century of life experience, I discovered what my father was attempting to share with me. This book is the insight of how to design a life worth living. It all begins, starts and end with your mind - the thoughts you create and actions you take. Integrity, personal character and congruity of behavior all culminate in a fulfilled life. Words not often spoken in our time or culture anymore. Yet, they echo their truth across the decades. I want to purchase this book for my kids. I wonder, will they read it?
on June 26, 2017
Everything begins with thought, and so it becomes vital for us to master our thoughts, and act with purpose and intention. This book gives us sound and common sense principles to prompt us to take action. It asks us to own responsibility for our lives, and our role in creating our current circumstances. And it guides us to taking control of how we think, so that we may create new circumstances in our lives.

You could read this book in a single day, and that day could change your life forever.

I've extensively highlighted the wisdom in this book, and intend to come back to it often, to regain perspective and to keep moving forward. One of the guiding principles of the book, of course, is that changing our thoughts isn't a one-time event, but an ongoing commitment. Intentional thinking means revisiting wisdom often, assessing where our thoughts have brought us, and changing how we think again to get the results we want.

I could not recommend this book any higher. Read it and re-read it often. It's a true treasure.
on June 23, 2014
I have purchased this book for myself twice already. The information in here is timeless. At first glance it may appear that the 75 pages or so can't really hold that much information. But the truth is that almost every sentence has a lot of value. I feel that as you read each paragraph, or chapter, one needs to understand there is a very strong message here. It is not enough to just understand and agree. You must really absorb into your core belief system.

I have read it over 10 times, thru the years. I credit this book for giving me the belief and motivation to pursue my bachelors degree in architecture, when I had no money to do so. ... I studied hard at a JC, and finally after getting accepted to the University, I jumped into my beat up CRX, with less than $500 in my pocket (given to me by a girlfriend), has no financial support available from home, no job waiting for me, and drove 500 miles away to Southern California to start my education. Oh, and also had this book, heavily highlighted. I graduated, have become an architect, can now help my family, and have had many successes since.
on November 24, 2010
I have to say, that I was ready for the content, so it was particularly impactful. I just finished reading "Ask and It Is Given" and had most recently read through the chapter titled "Accurate Thought" in the book titled "The Law of Success" published by Orne Publishing. In fact, the day I was introduced to "As a Man Thinketh," I had just read about "Accurate Thought" the night before. I was walking through my office building, and this guy I know, totally unprompted and in a random manner, pops "As a Man Thinketh" out of his pocket and thrusts it toward me and said, "Hey, man, have you ever read this book." I looked at the title and laughed out loud. Sometimes God talks to us in such an overt manner that it's scary (in a good way). I downloaded the book immediately to my Kindle and read it that same night. I'm probably going to read it again tonight. And will continue to re-read it. After reading it, I woke up the next morning with such a sense of certitude and confidence. The ability to shape my destiny through accurate thought gives me a refreshing sense of freedom, because I can create that which I choose to experience. Awesome book!
on April 18, 2017
I would not recommend this specific printed copy if you are giving as a gift. The pages are larger than a normal "book". Since the book itself isn't very long, the larger size gives this copy a very thin feel. It literally has a feel as if I just photocopied 50 pages on a copier, folded them in half and stapled them like a presentation.

Of course this has zero impact on the written words themselves, but, I waited for and purchased 4 copies to give these as gifts and I am almost embarrassed to gift them....they definitely do not feel like a "book"....They are just large brochures.

This is trivial, but, also bummed this edition doesn't have any notation near the copyright that it was originally written in 1902....isn't that one of the huge draws to the book? That it has stood the test of time and still rings true!?

The copy that I own has a man in a boat on the cover and the size is smaller thus giving more pages in the binding of the book and the feel of the "book." I would suggest that edition for gifts. Great book but I feel my info is valid for those of you wanting to give as a gift.
on March 8, 2015
This is the guide to real life. If you can read this and say it stinks you truly are sound asleep walking in this world. I bought and read this many times since 1995. I owe a spiritual centered life a great career, a beautiful wife, two very high achieving God loving honor roll students and at complete set of memories I would not trade for anything. Thank you James Allen. Thank God your wife would not let you quit writing as you have helped millions long after you were gone.