- Paperback: 100 pages
- Publisher: Daniel & Daniel Publishers (February 25, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1564744655
- ISBN-13: 978-1564744654
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,705,824 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
As Tom Goes by Paperback – February 25, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Top Customer Reviews
There was a lot of trouble with the American team that went to Australia in 1946 to recapture the Davis Cup. Tom Brown was one of the members of that team. The non-playing captain was Walter Pate and he wanted the players to vote who would actually play the singles and doubles. In 1985 Brown was interviewed in the book 'Once a champion' by Stan Hart about the vote.He could not remember that there was a vote. Now, in his own memoir, more than twenty years later, he remembered exactly what happened...Strange.
But I like what I read, because it gives you an idea what it was: the game by gentlemen in the forgotten days of tennis. It is good that he wrote the book.
But in the end I enjoyed reading it, getting to know Tom and the era of his most competitive tennis.