|Price:||$65.99 - $75.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Fits as expected||
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 2.02" from arch
- Volleyball shoe with lightweight mesh upper featuring synthetic overlays and cushioned footbed
- Molded-EVA midsole
- Court-specific Forefoot GEL Cushioning system
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The gel rocket 7 brings exceptional value and performance season after season. This season offers a lighter weight upper and increased gum rubber on the outsole for improved traction. Updated styling and design will continue to make this series the shoe of choice for recreational court sport players everywhere.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00GY6FQ94
- Item model number: GEL-Rocket 7-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 29, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I tried the HEAD Sonic shoes because they come in a mid cut but those gave me my first case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, so I was forced to dump them, but the lighter weight was definitely a plus. So, what next?
Coincidentally I noticed that a lot of guys in the league I play in seemed to be suddenly wearing Asics shoes in the various models - Flashpoint, Sensei, Gel 7 etc. and the feedback was that all the models came somewhat large, and wider. I tried them all and for me the Gel 7 is the answer. The cushioning is outstanding, plantar fasciitis not a problem now, even after I play. My forefoot feels just comfortable enough in the 12D size i bought. I normally wear a 11.5 2E. in NB shoes. Overall the Gel7 is a solid, light weight shoe with excellent traction and for a wide foot, an OK fit.
- Recreational badminton 2~3x a week, minimum 1hr of actual court time to 1hr 30min each visit
- C level player (self evaluation)
- Not worn outside of sports usage
- In use since Aug 2015
- Have no formal training in badminton, so some of my negative views of these shoes could be caused by that
Comfort: These shoes are pretty comfortable. The Gel really provides good cushioning. I think I would wear these as casual shoes if I weren't already wearing Crocs. They are fairly light and the soles are flexible, so I don't really notice them. The upper fabric is also quite soft and comfortable. I've never felt like my toes were getting hammered against a hard area.
Durability: So far, nothing is falling apart, but the fabric in the toe has stretched quite a bit due to the frequency of pushing backwards. Now I have a lot of wiggle room in the toe area.
Performance: These were OK for badminton. Yes, I know they're for volleyball, but many people use volleyball shoes for badminton as well. One of its strengths as comfort turns out to be a liability in keeping the foot in place. The requirement during game play to lunge and to push back to return to optimal position puts a lot of strain on the uppers in the toe area. This has stretched the material, so now my feet slide around a lot more than I like.
The grip is good at the gym that I play, namely Affinity Badminton Club in San Carlos, CA.
Safety/Stability: Feel quite stable in terms of ankle sprains. I recently wore a pair of Nike Men's NIKE T90 SHOOT IV IC INDOOR SOCCER SHOES 10 Men US (BRGHT CRMSN/DRK OBSDN/ELECTRC G), and in the first game, I nearly sprained my ankles after jumping to my right to get to a shot. It's as if the Asics have a more gradual roll that allows your foot to stabilize, where as the Nike shoes were more abrupt in losing stability.
Fit: I wear a size 8.5 in just about everything, and these fit as expected. I don't have wide feet, but it seems the material could accommodate slightly wider feet.
If I were to wear these shoes casually, I would probably rate them 4.5 stars, but from purely sports usage, I would rate these 3 stars. I'm willing to put up with a bit of discomfort if it performs well.
I am on my fifth pair. As long as the price does not change and they continue to last six months I will probably just continue buying these good shoes.
I am now on my fourth pair of these shoes. They fit well, give me good grip and support. They are not too expensive. And, now I know that they will last between 5 and 6 months before the soles wears out. I play or drill for about eight hours a week, squash.
They are mostly comfortable. This is my second pair. They are narrow around the front, squishing my pinky toe. I will wear heavy socks to stretch them out a bit.
Update: they wear out rather quickly.
I have had these shoes for 3.5 months and they have worn out on the sole and the toes where the sole connects to the top of the foot. I use them only for squash. I put them on and take them off at the gym, so they've never seen cement. I calculated that they have gotten about 95 hours of use. I do not know what is the expected lifetime for squash shoes. But, these seems a little low. Otherwise, the tops and insides are in perfect condition. Maybe these are better off for sports other than squash.
- The Shoe really fits as expected and is good quality.
- The Look of the shoe is sporty however in black/Silver Combination, the silver is too flashy (but I will not consider it negative).
- Laces stay in place.
- The shoe feels a little hard on the feet and not very flexible or soft as a sports shoe should be.
- I did not feel any difference with the GEL Cushioning system.
- The flex point of my right shoe is not correct, which is leading to the incorrect creasing between the toe support and the lacing. I am worried that with the incorrect alignment of the Flex Point, the shoe may not last long.