Ask the Dead Kindle Edition
Discover the Magic
Of Harry Potter with Kindle in Motion. Read on any device. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The book has action galore and suspense, humor and all the color you can't find anywhere but New York City.
In her current case--a Harlam photographer is accused of manslaughter--she runs into plenty of problems and ends up with yet another mystery to solve.
I haven't mention her apartment yet. The previous tenant committed suicide there and Jo can't help but wonder about her. She thinks of her as "Ellie" because she doesn't know her real name.
ASK THE DEAD has depth and heart. And some heart rending moments.
The Rose Killer
Shondra says her son Gabe was in the Bronx on a photo shoot when three Scorpion gangbangers assaulted him. He killed the one brandishing a knife, but though he stuck around NYPD Lieutenant Saleh arrested him for manslaughter; bond set at $200,000. Jo learns that her client's son was charged with possession last year and has been a rehab customer of New Beginnings where he met wealthy social worker Leslie Corning. She talks with Gabe at prison and with a junkie witness in the Bronx Skunk who says he will not testify as he must live amongst the Scorpions. Leslie posts bond for Gabe, but both vanish as all hell has come to Jo with laundering and a corpse in the bathtub; if she is to survive she must Ask the Dead what the hell is going on?
Ask the Dead is an exhilarating New York City private investigative thriller in which the Big Apple is the superstar of the story line as Joyce Yarrow captures the essence of three of the boroughs. Readers will feel they are walking the meanest streets along side of the heroine who fans will like. The mystery is cleverly designed as nothing seems quite like it appears. Fans will enjoy the first Jo Epstein whodunit as somehow those in need seem to always find her.
At this point in Ask the Dead, author Joyce Yarrow has squeezed more toothpaste out of the tube than a conference room full of dentists can consume. This is the maiden voyage of our new favorite heroine, Jewish poet private investigator, Jo Epstein, in what looks to be an exciting, thought provoking, and page turning series of novels. Can she stay retired and enjoy working at a news stand in NYC? Can she live long enough to decide?
Read more: [...]
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Jewish
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Legal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Jewish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Legal