|Sold by:|| Penguin Random House Publisher Services |
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Law of Attraction Book 7) Kindle Edition
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Ask and It Is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks, which presents the teachings of the nonphysical entity Abraham, will help you learn how to manifest your desires so that you’re living the joyous and fulfilling life you deserve.
As you read, you’ll come to understand how your relationships, health issues, finances, career concerns, and more are influenced by the Universal laws that govern your time/space reality - and you’ll discover powerful processes that will help you go with the positive flow of life.
It’s your birthright to live a life filled with everything that is good - and this book will show you how to make it so in every way!
— Neale Donald Walsch, the author of Conversations with God
“I’ve been a huge fan of the teachings of Abraham for ten years. They’ve helped me and my family tremendously.”
— Christiane Northrup, M.D., the author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“This is a great book! My wife and I have enjoyed these profound and extremely practical Abraham teachings for several years. We trust that you will benefit as well. We recommend it to all our friends!”
— John Gray, Ph.D., the author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
“... a publishing milestone ... you’ll be fortunate to tap in to the thinking of those who are permanently connected to Source Energy. Moreover, these voices of Spirit speak in a language you’ll understand and be able to instantly translate into action. They offer you no less than a blueprint for understanding and implementing your own destiny.”
— Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, the author of The Power of Intention
“The Abraham-Hicks teachings have inspired me to a grand new level of clarity, confidence, purpose, and passion. I study these ideas constantly and recommend them to everyone I can. They are among the most powerful and transformational I have ever encountered. Live them, and your life will become new and brilliantly happy.”
— Alan Cohen, the author of A Deep Breath of Life
“These incredibly profound, yet simple and practical teachings of Abraham will have you trusting your inner guidance again, and will set you on course for the most uplifting adventures imaginable. Ask and It Is Given is the road map to self-upliftment and a joyous life.”
— Jack Canfield, the co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® series
Although Jerry and Esther are listed as the authors, Ask and It Is Given is actually a collection of channeled messages from Abraham. Fans of Abraham and the Hicks may not find new information, but will probably be delighted to have an inspiring, updated book that speaks to the familiar conversation of attracting the life we want. Newcomers may also be intrigued by this excellent, in-depth discussion on how to change ones life by matching the vibrational energy of ones desires--taking the power of positive thinking to a whole new level.
Because this material is channeled, it often reads like The Power of Now or A Course in Miracles--not a fast food book to be devoured in one sitting. Rather, this is a book to be read in passages, with a soothing gestation period in between. It includes much advice on working with energy and emotions as well as specific chapters on increasing prosperity, reclaiming health, working with meditation, and clearing clutter for clarity. For those who are onboard with the "Laws of Attraction" and the "Art of Receiving" that Abraham speaks of, this could be one of those deliciously mysterious books that you can open to any page and it seems to offer the exact advice or insight you need right now.--Gail Hudson--This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- ASIN : B00DJ735O4
- Publisher : Hay House Inc. (October 1, 2004)
- Publication date : October 1, 2004
- Language : English
- File size : 2479 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 355 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #29,345 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The ego and everything else is part of who you are. As Esther says, we are eternally and blissfully, incomplete.
The ego takes many forms, perhaps, like everything else.. we are to master control over it and find it's place. The ego only becomes an issue when it is imbalanced - like everything else in life.
2. Abraham sounds British? Sounds like the same Esther voice to me. Perhaps our definitions of "British accent" is different? Cause I see no pronunciation of the sort. But in either case, even if it were, the ENGLISH language should be spoken the way it was originally intended to be spoken (in my opinion).
So yes, I would expect an intelligent being to prefer to pronounce things the way the language was intended to, to begin with. Alas, this seems not the case. Still says nothing about intelligence. Words are just that. It's just my own personal preference. ;) So yeah, "LOL" indeed.
3. I think you've over-simplified the case in order to "prove" your perspective. Cute. And clearly the tactic works.
But what you fail to notice is that Abraham's teaching may be lingering through our "scrutiny." Perhaps Esther and Jerry read the book to a different level where they began to vibrate to the same level of the book. More deeply so than the general reaction. *shrug*
4. "Feeling good" through LOVE (why do you drop the LOVE bit in order to prove your case?) A mass murderer does not feel love or he wouldn't be murdering now would he? There is no simple answer for human wiring and their personal complexes.. but if the murderer feels good to the point where they feel they LOVE to kill - this is not in vibration to the pure love but in the corrupted wiring of deeper pain reflected through murder and harm (human are EXTREMELY expressive creatures) and we tend to express ourselves in the need to feel understood. People express chaos and harm when they have this inside of them.
5. Carve your thoughts, and you've carved an action, carve an action repetitively and you've carved a habit, carve the habit and you've carved a personality.. your personality equals your fate.
I can personally assure you that if you feel GENUINE, pure and clean love, the way it is CONSTANTLY emphasized, then you WILL be hooked upon taking action in order to EXPRESS your feelings into physical manifestations. Seems she's working on the heart of the whole operation - YOUR MIND.
Teach a child hate, he'll learn to kill. Teach a child love and she'll learn to nurture. Action stems from your (gasp) MIND! And if a fat person remains fat, clearly they are not thinking skinny, are they? I'm not saying they're not trying... or "thinking" .. I am saying that people tend to do things incorrectly by filtering information the "wrong" way. We're complex beings and it's only bound to happen.
Hence why we should know who we are and what works for us. But our feeling meter (so long as it's feeling good due to genuine contentment and not from a deeper underlying problem) does not fail us once.
6. Abraham explains this in their seminars. You should YouTube them sometime. I feel if I answer, I might butcher it due to trying to make such a complex answer reduced to a shorter comment response. *shrug* The answer is there though, feel free to seek if you truly wish to find.
7. "Superficial"? I think humanity has taught you to condemn that which has been overbalanced. (i.e "Beauty might turn you vain - you must not be proud if you are reasonably attractive - no no! it means you're vain!! VAIN!!!" - it does not.) Designer clothes are just another form of human expression. HUMANS *LOVE* to express themselves. Through our clothes, writing, contact lenses ANYTHING from big to small. Is this surprising to you?
Designer clothes make me feel privileged and comfortable (as long as the material, design, comfort is to my liking and style.) - your clothes shift your subconscious whether you're aware of it or not. Why neglect the little things that change your life?
Of course, I'm not saying that expensive clothes is THE ONLY thing you should wear. Again, that's an imbalance. And if you can prove that Abraham is trying to promote this, you'd have a case.
"Why do these Law Of Attraction books always target either ordinary people who want to become rich or rich people who want to become richer? "
Because the rich people don't really need them. And the generally poor are (coincidentally?) too pessimistic and lacking (in money/character) to afford interests in books/money, it seems.
8. Through getting what we want will we know what we need. Again, things tend to get a bad rap when it's had some form of history of primitive misuse. (i.e. That little girls has been given an imbalance of all she's ever wanted... causing her to be spoiled! IM NEVER GIVING MY CHILD ANYTHING HE WANTS AGAIN HE MUST LEARN TO APPRECIATE")
Hopefully mankind will learn to advance instead of desperately trying to change that which is easily solved by learning balance.
If you feel I might've left something out - feel free to point it out.
Like I said, I tried to keep my response as short as possible. But I'd like to leave a suggestion of my own..
Instead of asking a million questions and doubting ... why not give it a shot?
If you think it all sounds twisted and insane... you're right. It does. Cause the results are.
I can write an equally large amount of things I've manifested.. (all of which had eventually proven empty until I discovered the deeper things/meaning to life ;) ) but I wouldn't type such things on the internet for fear of sounding fake to those who don't believe, crazy to those who do, and arrogant to pessimists who focus on imbalance.
When in doubt, try it out.
Best of wishes,
I am at a more happier, peaceful and loving place in my life....not due to anyone or anything external but going deep working on my inner self. Working on inner self is not easy by no means but well worth it without a doubt.
Sending everyone that is reading this Positive Energy and much Love.I
First off, the book is still one of the most mindblowing and profound books I have ever read. There is no doubt you should get this book.
My issues are outside of this book.
Now I know there will be lot of critics who would say - hey, just stick to the book review. I refuse to stick to that format because I want to save money of masses beyond this book, which is inevitably going to happen with at least half of the people who get enamored with the book. I tried the various Abe forums but they refuse to post my message. So here I am venting out what has upset me.
Lately, Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks have transformed their web site to claim it all started with them, aka the law of attraction. That is not true. LOA has been with us for thousands of years and in its most current form, has been with us since at least 70s when Seth came along, even if I don't include the path breaking maverick works of early 20th century such as Wallace Wattles and the Master lock key system. To claim that it all started with Abe-hicks is not fair and ingenuine.
Second, I believe that Abraham have themselves receded in the background and it is more Esther. I say this because of few reasons. I will also admit that I have no scientific basis to prove except as Abraham would say "how I feel". My reasons are:
(1) Subsequent books after this one do not pack the same punch. The content is same, the jargon is changed, more or less.
(2) I have gone to Abe workshops and every time I raised my question, they would say "it is answered". I met Esther Hicks couple of times after that and kinda complained that my questions are truly not answered. She said, if you send an email, Abe would answer them. Like a start struck giddy fan, I whipped out an email that night. I sent four more follow up emails to follow up on my first email over the course of next few months. One of the staffers probably realized I was not going to give up easily. She said to listen to Abe tapes and my question should be answered. Now what tapes should I listen to from thousands of tapes that are available through their marketing on the web site? I am assuming my questions may have infact been answered by Abraham in some subjective manner or the other. But to give a true follower a run around did not make me feel warm and fuzzy. So Esther/Abraham, if you are listening to me, you know you have my emails. Why don't you find a way to answer them? Or comment in the comments section if you need clarification, and I will be more than happy to repeat my questions.
My bottomline gripe is very simple. Esther Hicks, there is no Abraham because we live in a world that demands proof. And yet your teachings are quite meaningful. So here is my humble proposition to you.
Why not just say you get into a meditative trance and your body faculties are tuned for you to think in a more focused manner and give out responses at the highest vibration possible? This would be highly convincing. But are you not saying that because it does not have the same sexy ring to it and hence won't sell much?
To people who are looking for next steps -= I still stand by this book. It has the most wonderful teachings. If you want to buy anything of Abraham, just get this book, the newly released "guided meditations" and maybe one of those daily meditation cards. Do not buy anything else especially if you feel like you are shelling out too much. As Esther would say - listen to your emotions. There are lot of free youtube videos including those from the Hickses themselves that can keep you uplifted for a long time to come. If you are still not satiated you are welcome to spend as much as you want as long as you can not get bothered by the same things as I did.
As for me and for people like me, I would like to remind again there is no Abraham but the teachings are real! Enjoy them.
Guess what - I have been buying from Amazon for eons and yet this is the first time I am writing a review. So just by that measure, I want you to understand that this book must be so powerful that I finally got off my lazy rear and wrote something. This book will give you an original perspective and the one that is practical and works! My biggest suggestion is when you read it, read it multiple times. The sign of a good book is you often get fresh perspectives or deeper or more insightful meanings every time you read it. This book is the epitome in that respect. I got so many a-ha moments by reading the same sections again and again. Not kidding. The perspective changes and as your ability to understand the teachings becomes more, the techings themselves evolve and present with deeper or different meaning to you. Kind of like drinking a nice red wine at different stages of its cellaring. My other suggestion would be try to take breaks. The information will slowly digest into you and you can ponder and get amazed at what you just read during breaks. Finally, I would focus more on the message than how the message was received. Bottomline - invest the dollars..you will most certainly not regret it
Top reviews from other countries
It wasnt an easy ride though....a friend recomended the book, I read the impressive reviews & got very excited. I started reading & found it all a bit inaccessible at first for me personally, it just didnt seem to click, so I gave up with a view to returning. I guess I was a little cynical of the sold expectations of the book.
The first half of the book explains a lot of the theory behind the concept & the teachings of Abraham. This is very interesting but it took me a little while to get into it. Also the way some parts of the book are worded didnt flow too well for me. However, like me stick with it! Once I got past the first third or so of the book, I was hooked. The focus on explaining the theory behind source energy & alignment of vibrational energy really resonated with me. I guess after reading so much on the subject in a relatively short period of time I'd never really gained a true understanding or appreciation of the context of the Law of Attraction. This book makes that very clear albeit, the first half of the book feels a bit long winded, but it's necessary to gain a full understanding of what all of this truly means before you jump into the practical application side, a mistake I made in the past.
The book offers 22 practical processes or activities that you can follow that focus on getting you into emotional & vibrational alignment with your desires or your true source. These are mostly very easy to implement into your life and not necessarily rocket science, but they really work to shift your emotions and the way you feel. This has given me a much greater awareness and also control over how I am feeling. Its easier said than done to "feel good" and think about things that emit "good" emotions or vibrations but these processes really help.
The book isnt perfect & everyone is different but I feel it has been a game changer for me. It's a comprehensive authority on the Law of Attraction, has really inspired me and given me the tools to be in control of my life. I am already starting to feel & see differences as a result.
I thoroughly believe it is a very powerful book and does what it says on the tin if you are able to resonate with & follow its teachings. This has reignited my passion on the subject & given me the realisation & almost the permission that tells me I can control my own destiny, so its 5 stars from me!
This book has 2 parts - one theory and another one is about practical processes..
After reading just 1st part (Theory) I am a changed person ..
Imagine how powerful the book is and what will I become after doing practical processes consistently...
After reading this you don’t need any other book for learning about law of attraction or manifestation....
Believe me this is what you are manifestation right now to change your life forever.....
Lots of love for you who is reading this honest review and I am hoping the best life for you which you deserve undoubtedly....... 😊😊