Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon September 4, 2013
I first played this among a Gaming Group I play with once a week, not long after it was one of the favorite "board" games among the other gamers at the Game & Hobby shop where we all play. Although it says 8+, my 7 year old daughter also took to it right away and it has since become her favorite game.

What I love about this game is it's a quick and simple play and for anyone and everyone. The set up is easy, deal six cards to up to six players, everyone picks a color (to represent them via Bunny on the score board and voting chips)and you pick someone to start. They pick a card from their hand, for example let's say Player 1 chooses a card with a Bunny on it and two doors before him, one red. This scene could remind the player of The Matrix (one commonly used with this card among our group), Alice in Wonderland (because of the white rabbit), Doors, Doorway or Entrance (because of the doors, obviously) or even Bunny or Rabbit (for the younger players, there are more rabbits in different decks).

Once he chooses his card, he says something that reminds him (like the above mentioned), let's say he chooses Alice in Wonderland as his phrase. The other players then pick a card from their hand, without revealing, that reminds them of Alice in Wonderland. Let's say Player 2 has a card with a cat on it somewhere that reminds him of the Cheshire Cat, so he plays this. Player 3 has a card that shows several cards stacked, the top having a Red Queen on it, reminding him of the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland. So he plays this. Player 4 has nothing that represents the clue so he simply plays a card he wants to get rid of.

Then all the cards are shuffled up so nobody knows who played what, then revealed on numbers 1-4 (or however many characters are playing). Then each player looks at the cards and chooses which they think the first player played (not nessasarily which they think is most like the clue, but which they think that player most likely played) This game comes in handy when you play with people you know very well as you can anticipate what they chose sometimes based on their clues, their cards and who they are as a person. This makes the play funner sometimes and also challenges players to be more abstract with their clues.

Each player votes anonymously, vote card face down, for which card they think PLayer 1 played. Once all votes are cast they are revealed.

If everyone picked then right card, everyone but Player 1 gets 2 points (penalizing Player 1 by being too obvious with their card or simply nobody else had a card that also represents the clue). Bunnies are moved up according to points.

If at least one person voted for another card, then the players voting correctly AS WELL AS Player 1 all receive 3 points.

The Player whose card was chosen also receives an extra point. They receive as many points as there are votes for their card, and those who wrongly chose their card receive none.

If nobody chooses the correct card, everybody but Player 1 receives 2 points (again penalizing Player 1 but this time for not being obvious enough). They also receive 1 point for everyone who votes for their card.

The player who chooses a card this turn obviously does not vote as they already know the chosen card. You also may not vote on your own card at any time.

It's a very simple rule set up which goes quickly as points are quickly earned and everyone's bunny races to the end.

There is also a different set of gameplay for if you are playing with only 3 people, making it harder to narrow down the few cards by having opponets play two cards instead of one, providing 5 choices instead of 3 in a 3 player game.

Definitley Highly Recommended, you'll be buying expansion cards as soon as you fall in love with this game, too. I've already purchased two myself. A must have for any gamer no matter what level or type of games you love, this truly is one for everyone. Simple and Great fun!
22 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
Phenomenal game. Replay-ability is high. But you'll soon find yourself wanting more cards. 8+ is accurate. We've played rounds with kids at 8, 12, 14, 27 and 35 years of age respectively Younger kids may be able to play but some may not grasp the concept well enough to be competitive.
on August 22, 2017
I've played this game with my friends and family and everybody loves it! Every round is different and it allows for more creativity. I gave this game to my mother but I think that I am going to get another one for me because it's such a hit!
on April 19, 2017
The artwork in this game is beautiful. We love this game. If you get this game, get an expansion or two with it. You will go through these cards quickly and bore with these easily. It is a great game to add to your collection, but you will quickly need that expansion.
on July 1, 2015
Found this game on Tabletop and had to snatch it up. I work with adults with disabilities and sometimes it an be frustrating finding activities that are involved enough for some but not too complicated for others. This game is perfect. I can even (with some modification and patience from everyone) play this with nonverbal clients.

The age is 8+ but I've also played it with a five year old who played flawlessly and beat us all by double the points. Though I would consider getting the more light hearted expansion packs if you're planning to play with kids.

Family, work, babysitting. I've yet to find an occasion where this game can't be played. However, I would say that the game allows for 3 players but it just really isn't worth playing with less than four. Even four people isn't as great as five but still enjoyable.

The box seems large at first but it's set up to fit all your expansions so you aren't carting four boxes around.
on February 3, 2015
I loved this game! The artwork is beautiful, The rules are simple, and and easy to pick up: Everyone has a hand of 6 cards, One player thinks up a clue to describe one of their cards and says it out loud. Each of the other players picks a card from their hand that they think fits the clue. Everyone puts their cards face down on the table. The person who gave the clue shuffles the cards, then spreads them out face up on the table. Everyone votes on which card they think is the first person's (there are voting tokens included). Then points are awarded, and the next person thinks of a clue.The rules for scoring are written out on a board that has room for tracking scores, so it's right there for people to reference. This is a great game for families, the game relies on pictures instead of words, so even younger children could play (the recommendation is 8+, that sounds about right). The game box is not only well organized, but it leaves room to store any expansions you may pick up (something I intend to do soon).
on September 26, 2016
This is such a fun game that's easy for everyone to play together! This works well when I have a gathering with my friends and family who have a language barrier. This is a game where everyone can understand each other, also, little ones can play easily as well. The illustrations are also a plus in that I had to buy a couple more expansions because they're beautiful and it mixes the game up as well!
on August 30, 2016
Cost was high. I love the game, but I have problems with the producers / creators of the game. The original game should include more cards. If you play the game often, the expansion set cards are really necessary. I don't like this way of marketing / selling their product. I think that everything that is needed for six players to play the game many times should be included. The way they market and produce their game may make them more money, but it does not result in happy customers. Anyone purchasing the game should also plan on ordering at least one expansion set and add that into the cost.
on May 17, 2016
I love this game!! It's great for parties and fun for both adults and kids. The cards are heavy stock and good quality. The images are surreal and people will continually find new interpretations and details. 2 weeks after receiving this game I bought an expansion.

I took off one star because the game isn't the same as the picture. The older version of the game is what is in the picture. I received the newer version that doesn't have the 3-D board. Its a cardboard piece that you use to track the score and organize the cards that are in play. It doesn't make the game any less fun, but I was really excited about the 3-D board.
on December 1, 2016
Dixit itself is a great game. However, the picture shows this cool inverted gameboard with bunneis, which isn't what you get. you get a simple foldout board. So that's where it loses the first star.

the second star comes from the quality of the pictures. I am biased because I first played Dixit: Journey. I think Dixit: Journey's artwork is SO MUCH better than basic Dixit. However, it's pricey since it's out of print.

I would give it 3 1/2 if I could. great game, but this version has kinda crummy pictures i think
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.