Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

• Dixit
  • Customer Reviews

Dixit

on February 23, 2014
I purchased this game after seeing Will Wheaton's show TableTop on the Internet.

Last night I brought it to a gathering of adults who had never seen a game like it, and were initially put off. After some cajoling, they stepped up and tried it. I won the first game, but everyone else wanted to play it again, and the second time a gentleman won who had been the toughest to convince to play.

The comments I received were like, "This is the most unusual game I've ever played," and, "I'm engaging parts of my brain that I never use!" It was a hit and a half, so if you're reading this you need to get this game.

Best with four, five, or six players. The more players, the greater the experience. Also keep one person in charge of dealing the cards, shuffling and revealing the selections, basically running the game. I filled this role last night since I owned the game. Also, find something to use for an active player token. It will cut down on some confusion.
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
This is one of the BEST board games for kids and grownups, everyone can play. We're often surprised by the things our kids (7and 10) think up.
About the game board that people don't like: it may look nice, but it's irrelevant for the game. The board is used solely for scoring purposes. I've only seen the flat (European) version, so I'm used to it. We often go away on weekends and the flat board is perfect for packing. The board in the photo looks too bulky. I recommend Dixit, and this edition, 150%.
on January 7, 2018
The cards have really cool designs and we love looking through them. It has started some interesting conversations about poetry and stories that the cards reminded us about. I wish they would update the main picture since that seems to make a lot of people upset that the actual score board does not match the picture. We don't really use the score board or even the scoring system. We just really enjoy playing the game. I do worry that over time, we'll keep using the same clues but we try not to make the clues super easy to guess without being completely obscure.
on February 27, 2017
This is a great game. It is interesting when playing it with company you may not know well, which makes it more challenging. I usually play this with my family, which involves children (youngest is 8) and it is relatively easy guessing which card is the kids' cards. But its alot of fun and forces you to use your creativity to convey your card without being too obvious.

The artwork is beautiful and this is definitely not a game I would play with super young children (under age 5) or around drinks or food that could mess up the cards.

Highly recommended!
on January 15, 2018
We loved this game, and have been able to enjoy it as an entire family many times in the month we've had it. The game itself is a lovely exercise in creativity and strategy, and has been a hit with all who've played: kids (5, 8, 11), mom and dad, and grandma & grandpa. The beautiful artwork has sparked interesting conversations and there have been many full on belly laughs!
The initial instructions are clearly written but kind of beefy. It's definitely a game that once you start playing, it makes better sense. Scoring is a little tricky also but an adult is usually able to work it out.
There are only two slight downsides to me:
1- the "winning" score of 30 can sometimes take a LONG time to reach (we sometimes alter the game to 20 to help with attention spans in the littler ones).
2- I wish it came with more story cards, because after playing 5 times or so, you've got a good idea as to which card might go to what clue... I believe there are expansion packs, but we haven't purchased one yet.
I first heard of this game from a blog about games that engage the entire family and are fun for kids and adults to play and this one does it!
on January 7, 2018
The game concept and card art is excellent. Other reviewers have said they prefer art from other Dixit variants better, but as a newbie to the game I thought these were great! Only criticism is with game board and pieces: (1) Game board is awkwardly long, making it difficult to everyone playing to have a good "seat" with respect to the board. Also, it is misrepresented in the current image on the product page show a square game board, but the board that gets shipped is actually a very long skinny rectangle (someone should probably correct this). (2) The bunny pieces are very unstable and fall all the time. Because both the pieces and game board are quite smooth, the pieces very easily shift around, making it difficult to keep proper score as the bunnies advance. All this said, the game play is very fun, and I didn't find myself really caring too much about the score even thoguh pieces kept falling and sliding around. The game was a hit with my family over Christmas vacation, and everyone commented that they liked how even people who are usually "good at games" could still do well.
on October 11, 2017
I bought this because we played it at a friend's house and I loved it! Great game. Used a lot of imagination and some strategy.
Good for entire family in whatever age range is on the box. Little children would, probably, not understand it, but I went and bought an expansion pack just to have even more pictures to use. There are several of these.
on December 13, 2016
This is a fun and humorous game to play when everyone is about equally acquainted with each other, however it becomes more of a blind game of random guesses in a group of strangers. It is also needs to be played with more creative-minded people who aren't tied to literal thinking. It is perfect as a wind-down game at the end of boardgame night after all the heavy strategy games, or for multi-tasking over, but not particularly mentally trying. For all these reasons, it is more context-dependent than the average boardgame. It has Beautiful artwork, but the initial card set definitely needs to expanded upon with the expansions for replayability. Theoretically good for all ages.
on January 26, 2016
Dixit is a wonderful game and it will get more interesting over time. It could play between 3 to 6 players, and the game time is about 30 mins to 1 hours. The game is simple, that each player take turns to be the "Story Teller", say a story or words that fit with one of your hand cards and plays that card facedown. Other players must also plays one card facedown that they think it's most relevant to the story or words. Then all other players vote individually for the card they think it's belongs to the story teller. The main purpose for the story teller is to have at least one, but not all players vote for his/her card.

To be honest, I thought it might be a bit silly as the game instruction sounds and I would found it boring or childish. However, after playing it, turns out this game completely changed my mind. Dixit is super fun and full of laughing among the table. This is not a game that you want to sit down and focus like Dungeons and Dragons, but this is one of the best game that you can play with friends in a party or family members. This is an imagination game. There is no pressure during the game and we literally laughed really hard each turns. ( we are a bunch of adults that used to play Cards Against Humanity and we still likes it.)

Anyway, we are considering to purchase the extension package after plays a few more rounds. Great game!
on December 1, 2016
Dixit itself is a great game. However, the picture shows this cool inverted gameboard with bunneis, which isn't what you get. you get a simple foldout board. So that's where it loses the first star.

the second star comes from the quality of the pictures. I am biased because I first played Dixit: Journey. I think Dixit: Journey's artwork is SO MUCH better than basic Dixit. However, it's pricey since it's out of print.

I would give it 3 1/2 if I could. great game, but this version has kinda crummy pictures i think
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.