Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

7 Wonders

on June 15, 2017
By comparing this one to the 7 wonders my friend got from a local store, and the 7 wonders duel I have. I really think this is a counterfeited product. Low print quality, offseted cutting, low quality material and low quality wrapping plastic. The text on the board is even half cut off ( on the last picture). I included some comparisons pictures, left side are the one we got from local store.

#### update ####

I just bought a new copy from local store. And yes, the one I got from here is a counterfeit product. Every part of it shows big difference and low quality. Off-centered box print, off-centered board cut, low quality and rough edge cards, low quality container, wrong size and low quality booklet. I got it from 'Atlantic Toys and More'
77 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2011
Positives: Great Strategy, very few luck factors, plays for both large parties and down to 2. AND RUN TIME IS only 30 MINUTES!

For hard core game players, a 2 hour game is doable. But for the average sit down and enjoy a semi-competitive game, a 2 hour game is a killer. It's rare that you will find a quality strategic game with multiple winning variants that you can finish in under an hour, much less 30 minutes. It's almost too quick. Almost. I would certainly buy an expansion pack if they had one... in fact that is probably the only downside to the game right now... I want some more of IT!

Cons: No expansion pack is available for round 4. ...Just in case we have some board gaming friends that want a little more of a beating. =)

I would rate this in my top 10 list of games for sure. And for games under an hour, this one takes 1st place.

But don't mind me, I am just a pest control guy.
1515 comments| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 10, 2017
While the game itself might be fun, I found lots of quality control issues with the printed cards. I unboxed it a few days back, and right out of the box - brand new - many of the cards had printing errors, were printed off-center, were covered in a thin film of some unidentifiable gunk, or simply had frayed edges, were slightly bent, etc. I've included images of the issues, most errors are on the backs of the cards which is almost worse because it becomes easy for people to identify which card you have based on what shape the gunk/mess/error on the back is. Some of the photos just show a weird scratching pattern on the cards. It almost feels like I was given an old and heavily used set of cards. Anyway, 1 star for bad quality control issues, buyer beware.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 14, 2017
The gameplay itself is great, I'm excited to finally have a civilization board game to play that will only take a half hour to play. How the actual game arrived however is a different story. First of all, it had the thinnest shrink wrap I have ever seen, it was crinkling like a cheap candy wrapper. Not very protective. Second, the corners of the box are all worn down and damaged as if it had already experienced some intense shelfwear. Third, a few of the cards have defects on them. There is a Siege Workshop that doesn't say how many players it requires, only a plus sign with no number is given. Also with the Age 2 cards, there is an obvious color distortion on several of the card backs. They are printed with two different shades of blue. The quality of the game upon its arrivial was very upsetting. I have researched and not learned about any printing defects, so to have received a damaged copy is disheartening. Especially since my board game collection is kept in top knotch condition.
review imagereview image
44 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 16, 2017
I am one of those people who just doesn't understand all the hype about this game. I bought 7 Wonders: Duel originally, because I play mostly with 2 players and this says 3-7 on the box. I was a bit surprised to open this and see the rulebook contains a variant for 2 players. Why doesn't it say this on the box?

Regardless, my opinion is mostly negative for a few reasons...

+ Decent artwork.
+ Plays up to 7 players and has a decent amount of player interaction. (More than you'll find in most games.)
+ Theme can carry over well if you think about the game as building a civilization. It is what you make it - you can also just treat it as random card drafting to get certain icons to get some victory points.
+ Multiple paths to victory in terms of military, science, wonder building, or citizen advancements. But - you'll end up having to think about what your opponents are doing, too, and will ultimately be at the mercy of whatever cards become available to you. You won't be able to go for military if you don't get any military cards early.

- It plays with 7, but can be excruciatingly long/frustrating if you are playing with AP people or new players.
- It is NOT a gateway game unless someone is very visual. See below.
- There are SO MANY icons in this game. Some of them make sense, some of them require you to pick up the rulebook to figure out what they are every time you see them. If you are playing with people who struggle with icons/visual things, they will spend the entire game confused and saying "I don't know what any of these cards do". Even after 3-4 plays, they will still be saying that because they won't remember it from one game to the next.
- At 3 players, it is extremely easy and almost boring. You'll have access to the same hand of cards multiple times per round, so you'll be able to plan ahead for what you hope to get later. This means you can build up exactly what you need pretty fast, finishing your wonder with relative ease. You'll be less likely to end up buying resources from anyone else, which limits player interaction.

One good thing could be that the icons between it and 7 Wonders: Duel are similar. Resources look the same, science symbols are the same, and military icons are the same. But other icons change, most notably in the economic cards and guilds. In addition, Duel has a much better system of recognizing what cards you can get free based on the chain of what you've already built. This has a word (the name of a building) in small letters, sideways, on a banner next to the resources required to build it. The older people in my group found this difficult to read and also confusing. The matching white icons in Duel are a lot easier, even though they add yet another icon to the game.
on January 17, 2017
Although I think this is a great family game that is easy to learn, quick to set up and play, and has enough variety to keep experienced players happy, I am disappointed by the poor quality of the cards. As you can see from the pictures, these cards have a plastic seal that is peeling off because it was not applied correctly. It's discoloring about a dozen of the Age III cards in my deck, to the point where I don't look forward to playing that Age. Also, the Wonder boards are less than stellar in their quality too, as they are warped and constantly need to be bent back flat. It's too bad that these issues take away from a board game that I think would be enjoyed by all.

Update: I emailed Asmodee about the damaged cards and they quickly sent me a replacement pack, so I am upgrading this review to five stars to reflect the amount of fun my family and I have with this game. Highly recommended for the reasons stated above.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on June 20, 2017
I can't believe my eyes. The quality of this product is atrocious. The cardboard pieces for the coins and tokens was offset with the cut line so the designs were not centered in the cut out. Then the cards are flimsy, bent and white on the edges like they were used. The manual was apart like some of the pages came off the staple. It's really sad honestly, this is a great game and fun to play, but I concur with the other bad reviews that the quality of the product is a huge problem.
review image
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2013
I bought this game based on the description and reviews which gave the impression that this game is simple, easy to learn, and quick to play. We just spent an hour trying to figure out how to START the game and decided to give up. The directions are terrible. Maybe it would be a fun game if it could be explained better (a lot better).
66 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2017
Strategy vs luck: I think there's a good balance here. There's definitely a lot of strategy, and the strategy involves what the people next to you are doing a lot, and what the general populous is doing as well (if everyone is going for green cards, then you should definitely not do that strategy, for instance). But there's also quite a bit of luck, to the point that you can't be guaranteed that the best player always wins. So I wish the strategy-to-luck ratio were a little bit higher...but hey, this is a gateway game to eurogames, so I don't really consider that a serious problem. Just a quibble.

And then there's the best part of the game: the drafting mechanic. It makes the game even more interactive because you're thinking about what you're going to give your opponents. This might be the best game with the drafting mechanic although it's not the first.

There are multiple paths to victory, but I've noticed that a lot of the time, the person who won had to get VPs from almost every category to do so. Not all the time though; I just witnessed a winner do it from basically only 3 categories. So again, that's a quibble.

Replayability: good. Even without the expansions I've played this many times and not had issue. I can always go for different hybrid strategies and there are not only 7 wonders, but two sides to each wonder, which each play differently. Combine that with the fact that I'm dealt different cards each round so no hand will ever be the same, and you have pretty high replayability. There's also slightly different compositions of cards for different numbers of players.

Now I will say, replayability isn't perfect because after all, you're pretty much always just building cards. But that's where the expansions come in; I just played Babel and it's great. It adds extra options for each turn and gives me a chance to add even more strategy to the mix.

Are all the paths to victory balanced? Well, sort of. But again, it really matters on what people around you are doing. You could waste a lot of turns on a war with your neighbor to have more red cards. Or you could waste time doing green cards when other people are also doing them and decreasing what's available for you to score big. So, while a couple of types of cards are oftentimes stronger, it's very situational, and I like that. It basically means that this game doesn't have to worry about being extremely well-balanced. (And from the best I can tell, they are fairly balanced btw. Maybe reds are a little less than others.)

Theme: I feel the theme pretty strongly, mostly because of the art. Every card has good art on it and your boards are really nice panoramas. Now I will say, do all the mechanics necessarily fit thematically? Such as the drafting mechanic? No, not perfectly. But the drafting mechanic is what makes this game great and I'm not sorry for it. And then there's several other things that contribute to the theme, such as warring and trading with your neighbors, and each country/wonder being a little differentiated, and the global supply. So I have no complaints on the theme.

Component quality: great. The only thing that could be better is metal coins; but pretty much no games have those, and hey at least these look like coins even though they're cardboard. The art is really beautiful too; one of the top 3 games I've ever seen in terms of art. Overall, they paid attention to detail with these components and nothing seems crappy.

Length is great. We oftentimes play in only an hour. It's really impressive to pack an awesome euro-gateway-game in only an hour. The game basically doesn't get any longer for having more players (unless multiple of them are newbies and you keep having to help them individually). But even with noobs, it doesn't take more than about an hour. This is amazing.

Because this game is so well-rounded, and it is outstanding in the length category (can't think of any game with a lower length-to-strategy ratio), and because I only have 3 minor quibbles with the game, I rate this an 8. And that is saying a lot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2016
Brilliant! Fun! Easy! An hour or less! There are so many things I like about this game. This was one of the first games I played when I started getting into more serious board gaming. Here are 5 things I love about this game!

1st - Artwork - The artwork of this game instantly makes the game more exciting. It makes you feel like you are playing an intricate, expensive and beautiful game. The cards, the boards, and even the scoring pad!

2nd - Easy to Learn - This uses a drafting mechanic in which players pass around a several small stacks of cards, choose 1 card from the stack and pass it to the player next to you. This continues on and on until the cards from each stack are finished. You end up with difficult choices between which card you want to choose and which card you don't want the player next to you to have. In addition to that aspect, the only other aspect is about collecting resources and having enough resources to gain cards! To simple gaming mechanics that are easily to learn and fun to play every time

3rd - Can play up to 7 players!! Not many game can play with that many players. Many that can accommodate that many, don't do it well or are more of party games. This game plays with 7 beautifully! The distribution of the cards is balanced no matter how many players you have!

4th - Playing time - Even with 7 players we are usually finished with this game in an hour or less. The time that it takes to play this game in combination with the ease of learning is a great formula for a game for every level of gamer. Beginners and intermediates can play this game without getting board and with understanding this game after the first round

5th - Replay ability - The are several different ways of scoring points. Depending on which cards you are able to get through drafting, will somewhat dictate which strategy you should attempt and which you should avoid. That makes every game different. You can play with just a few players or a lot of players and it's fun and different every time. There are also expansions for this game that add another level and even new artwork.

I recommend this game in everyone's collection and the price is also wonderful for the value and beauty that this game has to offer. Pick this one up!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.