Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 15, 2017
By comparing this one to the 7 wonders my friend got from a local store, and the 7 wonders duel I have. I really think this is a counterfeited product. Low print quality, offseted cutting, low quality material and low quality wrapping plastic. The text on the board is even half cut off ( on the last picture). I included some comparisons pictures, left side are the one we got from local store.

#### update ####

I just bought a new copy from local store. And yes, the one I got from here is a counterfeit product. Every part of it shows big difference and low quality. Off-centered box print, off-centered board cut, low quality and rough edge cards, low quality container, wrong size and low quality booklet. I got it from 'Atlantic Toys and More'
150 helpful votes
151 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on April 10, 2017
While the game itself might be fun, I found lots of quality control issues with the printed cards. I unboxed it a few days back, and right out of the box - brand new - many of the cards had printing errors, were printed off-center, were covered in a thin film of some unidentifiable gunk, or simply had frayed edges, were slightly bent, etc. I've included images of the issues, most errors are on the backs of the cards which is almost worse because it becomes easy for people to identify which card you have based on what shape the gunk/mess/error on the back is. Some of the photos just show a weird scratching pattern on the cards. It almost feels like I was given an old and heavily used set of cards. Anyway, 1 star for bad quality control issues, buyer beware.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
62 helpful votes
63 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on July 1, 2017
I bought it new, everything is cheaply made, the cards are not durable and a lot of them already came with some damage. One of the boards is damage and the game box looks used and with knife cuts all over it .
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 11, 2017
There's a misprint in this version of the game. 3-player format should have 21-cards in Age II but there's only 20. The missing card is the Temple card and it's printed as a 6-player card (there will be two of them in Age II 6-player format). Take one of those Temple cards and add it permanently to the Age II, 3-player format. This will make the playing smooth and less confusing.
on April 28, 2017
This is a really fun game, but we do like some other ones a little bit better (the only reason it has 4 instead of 5 stars -- actually rate it a 4.5 if I could). The main reason we got this game is so that we can have more than 4 people (and up to 7) over for it, and it plays really well with this many. A great game if you have large groups.
Enthusiast: Petson July 14, 2013
I recently purchased this game from amazon.com with the gift card I received from my wife for Fathers Day. What a great purchase! I sat down and played through a couple of games on my own until I was confident enough that I could teach it to my wife. (She has no patience for reading any game instructions that exceed the size of a post card, so she will only try a new game if someone can teach it to her.) She was sort of ho-hum about it the first time through, but said she was willing to give it another shot.

I brought the game with us to Colorado on a recent family vacation and played it with our friends who were hosting us. We played the game every night - sometimes three rounds worth. After playing the game more than a dozen times, now, I'd have to say it has become one of my favorites. I will definitely be picking up one or more of the game expansions (7 Wonders: Leaders or 7 Wonders Cities) in the near future.

The game boards and box are very nicely illustrated and sturdy. The cards are your basic card-stock material that you may want card slip cases for if you are a stickler for cleanliness and order. (These are the ones I would recommend: Mayday Games - 80 Premium 7 Wonders Sleeves 65x100mm) The game will probably take you about 45 minutes to play the first time you play it. The rules and scoring will take you a bit of time to figure out. Just make sure to reference the back page of the rule book when you aren't sure what a card does or how to score it at the end. I know I messed up on the scoring the first few times I played the game because I wasn't sure how to score certain cards! The guild cards are probably the most difficult cards to understand, but if you play them right, you can win the game with just a few of them.

There are several paths to victory, and the game is well-balanced and not really based on much luck. Because you are constantly passing your hand of cards to your adjacent players, no one ends up stuck with a bad hand. As the games is played through several times, you will learn more subtle ways of suppressing your opponents. Much like the game Clue, you are - first and foremost - out to accomplish your own goals, but there are things you can do to hinder your opponents. Also, you will never quite play the same game twice, though you may develop a certain strategy that you prefer to win the game.

This is a fun strategy game that doesn't take long to play and doesn't grow old, quickly. Highly recommended for those people who enjoy strategy games but don't have a lot of time to play them! Not recommended for kids! The game designer recommends this game for persons aged 10 or older, and I think that is a pretty good estimation of the mental acuity needed to play this game effectively.
on August 21, 2017
This game is very fun. It's a little hard to learn which makes it a little more interesting to start with. It seems to work better with a larger group, 4 people or more. The game involves lots of strategy and you need to put a lot of forethought into your decisions. You also do not know if you are winning or losing until the end. I only marked it as 4 stars as the quality is very lacking. Whoever makes this game needs to put a little more effort on improving the build of the game. It has a very cheap look and feel.
on September 18, 2016
This is a great game! Honestly, for board game lovers who like Settlers of Catan, this is a better option. It is a great resource and strategy game, but can be played in about half an hour. Everyone plays simultaneously so there is no sitting around for everyone else to make decisions. It's very addicting and a great option for any game enthusiasts. It's probably worthwhile to find someone to teach you to play rather than slogging through the rules. There's nothing wrong with the instructions, it's just a lot to learn without an experienced guide to smooth out the process.
on October 13, 2015
This game has immediately become my favorite boardgame. I wanted a game that has multiple player options (3-7), and a potentially short game time (30 minutes).

Every time you play this game, it is different. Not only does each gameboard have different strengths, you have to be aware of what resources you and your neighbors have and adapt to their strategy to stay successful. I believe it will have excellent play-ability for years.

Here is a basic overview, to see if this might be interesting to you:
Setup: Each player has an individual game board of one of the 7 wonders. Each player is dealt 7 cards and 3 coins.
Structure: There are three ages. Each age consists of 6 turns and then a "battle." During each turn you have to decide to play one card from your hand. (Twist: hands rotates after each turn. You can't wait to use a good card later, and you have to be mindful of who you are handing your card to and what their strategy might be.)
Cards: Each card can have a "resource cost" (such as ore, loom, lumber, etc), but some do not. Card types are generally Resource, Army, Science, Commerce, Guilds (in Age III).
Commerce: You can choose to pay 2 coins to one of your immediate (right or left) neighbors in order to share the use of one of their resources - to pay for a card's cost.
Battle: At the end of each age, you "battle" with your immediate neighbors, where you compare army numbers and determine a winner, loser or tie.
Victory: The victor is determined by the player who has the most points. You can gain points through different avenues, whether army, wonders, science, etc. But usually the most balanced player wins!

Especially for the cost, this has to be the best valued game out there.
on September 7, 2016
Me and my girlfriend have started playing a few board games, this one is easy to learn and is thoroughly enjoyable. With so many paths to victory (and defeat) it is extraordinarily re-playable. This is probably one of the best board games we've played. The only slight downside is that it doesn't do entirely well with two players, that does however depend on your ability to strategise with the "third city"...
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.