Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on June 15, 2017
By comparing this one to the 7 wonders my friend got from a local store, and the 7 wonders duel I have. I really think this is a counterfeited product. Low print quality, offseted cutting, low quality material and low quality wrapping plastic. The text on the board is even half cut off ( on the last picture). I included some comparisons pictures, left side are the one we got from local store.

#### update ####

I just bought a new copy from local store. And yes, the one I got from here is a counterfeit product. Every part of it shows big difference and low quality. Off-centered box print, off-centered board cut, low quality and rough edge cards, low quality container, wrong size and low quality booklet. I got it from 'Atlantic Toys and More'
77 comments| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 10, 2017
While the game itself might be fun, I found lots of quality control issues with the printed cards. I unboxed it a few days back, and right out of the box - brand new - many of the cards had printing errors, were printed off-center, were covered in a thin film of some unidentifiable gunk, or simply had frayed edges, were slightly bent, etc. I've included images of the issues, most errors are on the backs of the cards which is almost worse because it becomes easy for people to identify which card you have based on what shape the gunk/mess/error on the back is. Some of the photos just show a weird scratching pattern on the cards. It almost feels like I was given an old and heavily used set of cards. Anyway, 1 star for bad quality control issues, buyer beware.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 2, 2018
There is an initial learning curve with the game that can intimidate new players because there are several different types of cards in this game that all score differently. However, once play begins, everyone catches on quickly and the game is amazingly fun. This is a deep set collecting game designed such that there is no pause in the action between rounds. It plays well with any number of players because players all take their turns at the same time. Any gaming group should own this game, period.
on January 28, 2016
I hadn't heard of this game before ordering it. Was kind of a blind buy based purely on a good price on amazon and good reviews. The first couple games while learning can be very intimidating. There is a lot on the table and a lot to understand. Once you get through understanding the basic, the game is a lot of fun. My family, (older teen boys and us parents) probably played a dozen games in the first 2 or 3 days of ownership. We have continue to play at least a couple games a week for the last month. So far, this is our favorite (and cheapest) Christmas present.
on July 12, 2016
I am an entry level board gamer. This was actually my first dive into modern board gaming and I can say with out a doubt this got me hooked.

The game itself is fairly simple to get started but complex enough to keep you engaged for a long time. The rule set can be intimidating at first and highly recommend just to start playing and learn as you go if your new to this.

My family and I actually played our first game with no one knowing what do or how to play. We slowly shared the experience of learning the rules as we played and it end up being a ton of fun. The first game will end up taking you a lot longer than any subsequent one. For us it was about 3 hours with 5 people playing. Every game after has been around 30-45 minutes. Even my mother-in-law enjoyed the game which surprised me.

The art of the cards is great. The pieces such as the coins could have been better material since I have noticed some of them getting bent, but definitely nothing that detracts from the overall experience.

If your looking at this as an entry into board gaming than you can't go wrong, and if your an old hand at board gaming then this is a must have.
on January 13, 2017
Good game, excellent quality bits.

Good light-medium draft-a-card-and-pass-your-deck game. The theme fits the bits well, including the board etc.--we all know that does NOT always happen.

Easy to learn and to teach. Takes around 30 minutes once everyone knows the game. Scoring is easy (and scorepad included) but a bit slow--fortunately only takes place at the end.

Recommended.
on December 26, 2017
It's a really cool board game idea, but it doesn't lend itself well to first-time players. The game's use of symbols for representing resources and effects is confusing from the get-go, and the underlying systems don't become apparent until the first game is done. The constant hand-swapping also makes it difficult for newbies to form a cohesive strategy.

Don't get me wrong. It seems like a fun game if everyone knows the rules, but I have trouble retaining new players after the first match.

Long story short, I advise against bringing 7 Wonders to your average game night. But go nuts if you have a close-knit group of Board Game enthusiasts.
on January 15, 2016
Just to be clear, this is NOT a review of the game, which is amazing - artistically rendered and engaging and lots of fun. This is a review of the board game that I received from Amazon which was missing one of the pieces. At first, when I realized that I was missing a card, upon opening the game to play it, I thought that I had somehow lost it and looked everywhere for it. Then I found this forum from 2011 where someone had an issue with the exact same card gone missing (Lumber Yard, 3+) [...] . Kind of disappointed that four years later, they are still having this issue. I contacted the manufacturer today, and hope that I can get my card replaced. But buyer beware - it's a 3+ card that's missing, so you won't be able to play with more than 3 people.
on December 30, 2015
The only downside is learning how to play. Once you know how it is one of the most fun board/card games I have ever played. It is basically a card draft game with players determining which card to keep and which one to pass on to the opposing players. It is as much about which card you keep as the ones you are passing.

We started playing with all new players so we didn't have anyone to teach us. After trying to follow the directions we pulled up a YouTube tutorial and found that much easier to follow. If you have someone who knows how to play and can explain it, you can catch on in 5 minutes.

It says you can finish a game in 30 minutes and I think that is true with 4 or less players. If playing with 7, 30 minutes is not going to happen. I would plan on 45 to 1 hour and that's if everyone knows how to play.

The different boards and strategies make it a lot of fun and I believe differentiate it enough from others like Settlers of Catan that it feels entirely different even though you still win by getting as many victory points as possible. Also, you really don't know for certain who is going to win (especially with 7 players) until all the victory points are added up after the last military conflict, which makes for some tense moments while adding up the scorecard.

Overall, it is a fantastic game and very fun to play.
on June 18, 2016
If your gonna get this game, buy sleeves and buy the leaders or the city expansion. The core game by itself is great, but your gonna want more after you play your 10th game or so, and our probably gonna play a lot of this so its a good idea to protect your game, dont buy cheap sleeve!!!.... I dont think ive ever played a game that my family demands a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th play in one sitting other than this game. Its easy to teach and plays fast. Even though there is some luck involved with this game, smart choices seems to always win out over pure luck in an opening hand. its a great game./// why are you still reading this? buy it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.