Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,360 reviews
on June 15, 2017
By comparing this one to the 7 wonders my friend got from a local store, and the 7 wonders duel I have. I really think this is a counterfeited product. Low print quality, offseted cutting, low quality material and low quality wrapping plastic. The text on the board is even half cut off ( on the last picture). I included some comparisons pictures, left side are the one we got from local store.

#### update ####

I just bought a new copy from local store. And yes, the one I got from here is a counterfeit product. Every part of it shows big difference and low quality. Off-centered box print, off-centered board cut, low quality and rough edge cards, low quality container, wrong size and low quality booklet. I got it from 'Atlantic Toys and More'
55 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2017
While the game itself might be fun, I found lots of quality control issues with the printed cards. I unboxed it a few days back, and right out of the box - brand new - many of the cards had printing errors, were printed off-center, were covered in a thin film of some unidentifiable gunk, or simply had frayed edges, were slightly bent, etc. I've included images of the issues, most errors are on the backs of the cards which is almost worse because it becomes easy for people to identify which card you have based on what shape the gunk/mess/error on the back is. Some of the photos just show a weird scratching pattern on the cards. It almost feels like I was given an old and heavily used set of cards. Anyway, 1 star for bad quality control issues, buyer beware.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2017
This is a very good game in terms of mechanics. It is one of the few games which scales up to 7-players without bogging down, and the card design is clear and easy to understand. There are a few problems, like how you get locked in to a strategy early and it's hard to react to the board state. However, overall it is a very good game.

In terms of production quality, I have to deduct several stars. I played this with a friend, and everything felt better with their set. The card set I got has all the cards feel thin, "paper-y", and very bend-able. There are small granules of cut paper on the edges, and the plastic insert within the box is a bit bent and feels dusty. It isn't the worst made game ever made, but it is definitely below average.
on July 1, 2017
I bought it new, everything is cheaply made, the cards are not durable and a lot of them already came with some damage. One of the boards is damage and the game box looks used and with knife cuts all over it .
review image review image review image review image
on December 8, 2016
The goal is to get the most points! Super easy to teach to anyone!

Initially the games seems really complex with all the various cards and various ways to get points. I brought the game to play with a group of seven for one of the first times playing (Okay I had played once before a few days earlier). The group of seven wasn't "gamers", and no one had ever heard of the game.

At first the game seems overwhelming and a bit confusing. My suggestion when teaching new people is to just tel them the basics and get them playing. After the first round everyone around the table knew how to play and were totally enjoying the game!

My wife tells me I have too many games. She's probably right, but that doesn't stop me from buying new games and trying them out! She picked this game up after a few turns and thinks it super easy to play and teach now too!

If you like mild strategy games that don't take hours, that you can pick up, quickly setup and quickly teach someone in literally minutes then 7 Wonders should be in your stack of games!

The plastic insert for the game is actually pretty good considering there's a place for everything. However if you plan to sleeve the cards and buy any of the expansions you'll begin to run out of space. After falling for this game I ended up picking up a custom game organizer that fits perfectly in the box and cuts setup and tear down time. Wondrous game organizer made by Broken Token.
on May 11, 2017
There's a misprint in this version of the game. 3-player format should have 21-cards in Age II but there's only 20. The missing card is the Temple card and it's printed as a 6-player card (there will be two of them in Age II 6-player format). Take one of those Temple cards and add it permanently to the Age II, 3-player format. This will make the playing smooth and less confusing.
on April 4, 2015
This is our family's new favorite game. After a few games to "learn" how to play, it really IS only 30 minutes, even with the maximum of 7 players. Since we have a family of 7 it is very difficult to find games that we can all play together. The game play concept is fairly easy to learn (even for our 9 yr old), but after a few games the strategy begins to take hold. You begin to decide between doing something that will benefit you now, something that MAY help you later, or doing something that will prevent an opponent from getting what they need.

Since you don't score until the end and everything can take a dramatic change in the final round, 7 wonders manages to avoid the inevitable long, slow wait for death that you see in games like Catan or Risk (you know, when you start out thinking you are doing well, then realize 1/4 of the way in that you are NOT going to win and just spend the rest of the time waiting for someone to kill you?). The entire 30 minutes is enjoyable, and because it is so short, even if you don't win this round, it is easy to set everything up and try again all in the same time it would take to play a longer game.
on July 21, 2015
This game is always over too soon. That's a good thing, because it makes playing it again an easy decision.

The thing I like about 7 Wonders is that it has all of the "Hey, I'm building stuff!" of Catan but it's not as cutthroat. You just build your little empire while everyone else builds theirs and all of a sudden the three Ages are up and you see who's come out on top. Of course, you could choose to play it cutthroat, but it's not as brutal and vindictive as some games can get. (Unless you burn a card to build your Wonder that you know someone else needs... that's cold.)

It's kind of tricky to get into - we've played nearly ten rounds with people who really know it and we still feel like we don't really "get" it completely... certainly not to the point of having solid strategies, at least. But, that's really a strength of the game. The learning curve is a little steep but the replayability is high.
on April 28, 2017
This is a really fun game, but we do like some other ones a little bit better (the only reason it has 4 instead of 5 stars -- actually rate it a 4.5 if I could). The main reason we got this game is so that we can have more than 4 people (and up to 7) over for it, and it plays really well with this many. A great game if you have large groups.
on July 29, 2015
This game is a blast. It's a little hard to learn and you'll quickly find that you really really really want the expansions (they totally change the game and make it better). Playing with 2 people is basically impossible, especially for new players. I played with 6 people, 4 of whom had never played, and they picked it up quick enough though everyone keeps asking what all the symbols mean. To be fair, I've played it a dozen times and there's still symbols I don't understand, but luckily the manual is pretty clear and tells you what to do.

If you've never played - the game takes strategy to many different levels. Do you play to help yourself or screw your neighbor? Do you try to build up armies or go hard for the science cards? Your strategy may change mid game and then you find yourself regretting previous decisions. And the best part is no one knows who is winning until the very end when points are tallied. It's a LOT of fun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.