Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,210 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,383 reviews
on June 15, 2017
By comparing this one to the 7 wonders my friend got from a local store, and the 7 wonders duel I have. I really think this is a counterfeited product. Low print quality, offseted cutting, low quality material and low quality wrapping plastic. The text on the board is even half cut off ( on the last picture). I included some comparisons pictures, left side are the one we got from local store.

#### update ####

I just bought a new copy from local store. And yes, the one I got from here is a counterfeit product. Every part of it shows big difference and low quality. Off-centered box print, off-centered board cut, low quality and rough edge cards, low quality container, wrong size and low quality booklet. I got it from 'Atlantic Toys and More'
66 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2017
While the game itself might be fun, I found lots of quality control issues with the printed cards. I unboxed it a few days back, and right out of the box - brand new - many of the cards had printing errors, were printed off-center, were covered in a thin film of some unidentifiable gunk, or simply had frayed edges, were slightly bent, etc. I've included images of the issues, most errors are on the backs of the cards which is almost worse because it becomes easy for people to identify which card you have based on what shape the gunk/mess/error on the back is. Some of the photos just show a weird scratching pattern on the cards. It almost feels like I was given an old and heavily used set of cards. Anyway, 1 star for bad quality control issues, buyer beware.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2017
I bought it new, everything is cheaply made, the cards are not durable and a lot of them already came with some damage. One of the boards is damage and the game box looks used and with knife cuts all over it .
review image review image review image review image
on December 8, 2016
The goal is to get the most points! Super easy to teach to anyone!

Initially the games seems really complex with all the various cards and various ways to get points. I brought the game to play with a group of seven for one of the first times playing (Okay I had played once before a few days earlier). The group of seven wasn't "gamers", and no one had ever heard of the game.

At first the game seems overwhelming and a bit confusing. My suggestion when teaching new people is to just tel them the basics and get them playing. After the first round everyone around the table knew how to play and were totally enjoying the game!

My wife tells me I have too many games. She's probably right, but that doesn't stop me from buying new games and trying them out! She picked this game up after a few turns and thinks it super easy to play and teach now too!

If you like mild strategy games that don't take hours, that you can pick up, quickly setup and quickly teach someone in literally minutes then 7 Wonders should be in your stack of games!

The plastic insert for the game is actually pretty good considering there's a place for everything. However if you plan to sleeve the cards and buy any of the expansions you'll begin to run out of space. After falling for this game I ended up picking up a custom game organizer that fits perfectly in the box and cuts setup and tear down time. Wondrous game organizer made by Broken Token.
on May 11, 2017
There's a misprint in this version of the game. 3-player format should have 21-cards in Age II but there's only 20. The missing card is the Temple card and it's printed as a 6-player card (there will be two of them in Age II 6-player format). Take one of those Temple cards and add it permanently to the Age II, 3-player format. This will make the playing smooth and less confusing.
on July 21, 2015
This game is always over too soon. That's a good thing, because it makes playing it again an easy decision.

The thing I like about 7 Wonders is that it has all of the "Hey, I'm building stuff!" of Catan but it's not as cutthroat. You just build your little empire while everyone else builds theirs and all of a sudden the three Ages are up and you see who's come out on top. Of course, you could choose to play it cutthroat, but it's not as brutal and vindictive as some games can get. (Unless you burn a card to build your Wonder that you know someone else needs... that's cold.)

It's kind of tricky to get into - we've played nearly ten rounds with people who really know it and we still feel like we don't really "get" it completely... certainly not to the point of having solid strategies, at least. But, that's really a strength of the game. The learning curve is a little steep but the replayability is high.
on April 28, 2017
This is a really fun game, but we do like some other ones a little bit better (the only reason it has 4 instead of 5 stars -- actually rate it a 4.5 if I could). The main reason we got this game is so that we can have more than 4 people (and up to 7) over for it, and it plays really well with this many. A great game if you have large groups.
on January 17, 2017
Although I think this is a great family game that is easy to learn, quick to set up and play, and has enough variety to keep experienced players happy, I am disappointed by the poor quality of the cards. As you can see from the pictures, these cards have a plastic seal that is peeling off because it was not applied correctly. It's discoloring about a dozen of the Age III cards in my deck, to the point where I don't look forward to playing that Age. Also, the Wonder boards are less than stellar in their quality too, as they are warped and constantly need to be bent back flat. It's too bad that these issues take away from a board game that I think would be enjoyed by all.

Update: I emailed Asmodee about the damaged cards and they quickly sent me a replacement pack, so I am upgrading this review to five stars to reflect the amount of fun my family and I have with this game. Highly recommended for the reasons stated above.
review image review image review image review image
on July 14, 2013
I recently purchased this game from amazon.com with the gift card I received from my wife for Fathers Day. What a great purchase! I sat down and played through a couple of games on my own until I was confident enough that I could teach it to my wife. (She has no patience for reading any game instructions that exceed the size of a post card, so she will only try a new game if someone can teach it to her.) She was sort of ho-hum about it the first time through, but said she was willing to give it another shot.

I brought the game with us to Colorado on a recent family vacation and played it with our friends who were hosting us. We played the game every night - sometimes three rounds worth. After playing the game more than a dozen times, now, I'd have to say it has become one of my favorites. I will definitely be picking up one or more of the game expansions (7 Wonders: Leaders or 7 Wonders Cities) in the near future.

The game boards and box are very nicely illustrated and sturdy. The cards are your basic card-stock material that you may want card slip cases for if you are a stickler for cleanliness and order. (These are the ones I would recommend: Mayday Games - 80 Premium 7 Wonders Sleeves 65x100mm) The game will probably take you about 45 minutes to play the first time you play it. The rules and scoring will take you a bit of time to figure out. Just make sure to reference the back page of the rule book when you aren't sure what a card does or how to score it at the end. I know I messed up on the scoring the first few times I played the game because I wasn't sure how to score certain cards! The guild cards are probably the most difficult cards to understand, but if you play them right, you can win the game with just a few of them.

There are several paths to victory, and the game is well-balanced and not really based on much luck. Because you are constantly passing your hand of cards to your adjacent players, no one ends up stuck with a bad hand. As the games is played through several times, you will learn more subtle ways of suppressing your opponents. Much like the game Clue, you are - first and foremost - out to accomplish your own goals, but there are things you can do to hinder your opponents. Also, you will never quite play the same game twice, though you may develop a certain strategy that you prefer to win the game.

This is a fun strategy game that doesn't take long to play and doesn't grow old, quickly. Highly recommended for those people who enjoy strategy games but don't have a lot of time to play them! Not recommended for kids! The game designer recommends this game for persons aged 10 or older, and I think that is a pretty good estimation of the mental acuity needed to play this game effectively.
on August 21, 2017
This game is very fun. It's a little hard to learn which makes it a little more interesting to start with. It seems to work better with a larger group, 4 people or more. The game involves lots of strategy and you need to put a lot of forethought into your decisions. You also do not know if you are winning or losing until the end. I only marked it as 4 stars as the quality is very lacking. Whoever makes this game needs to put a little more effort on improving the build of the game. It has a very cheap look and feel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.