Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder, 8..." and save 40% off the $30.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder, 8-Ounce
|You Save:||$14.71 (47%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Jewel Box window feeder from Aspects
- Brings beautiful hummingbirds right to the window for easy viewing
- Use with or without an ant moat
- Three feeding ports, Easy cleaning and filling
- Eight ounce nectar capacity, Drip and leak proof
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
- 8 ounce capacity
- Three feed ports
Aspects Jewel Box
Window Hummingbird Feeder
The bright red cover attracts the birds. Once there the HighView perch invites them to rest comfortably as they drink from any of three feeding ports while also offering an unobstructed view of the birds. Features a generous 8 oz. capacity, sturdy polycarbonate construction, and a suction-cup mounted bracket. You can use this feeder with or without the ant-moat to block crawling insects. Supports optional Nectar Guard tips.
- Detachable ant moat
- Easy cleaning and filling
- Raised flowers divert rain
- Drip and leak proof
High quality products made in the USA
Our philosophy at Aspects is a simple one; manufacture the best feeders possible to ensure years of enjoyment to both the birds they are designed for and for the people who use them. We continue to manufacture all items in our Rhode Island, USA facility with the best materials available. This enables us to confidently stand behind every item with our Lifetime Guarantee.
|Item Dimensions||2.2 x 8.5 x 6 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||407|
|Shipping Weight||0.55 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder, 8-Ounce
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GIU Pet Club||Hansonland||Sherwoodbase||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||8.5 x 6 x 2.2 in||7.88 x 8.38 x 2.25 in||6.1 x 7.7 x 1.77 in||6 x 9 x 4 in|
The bright red cover attracts the birds. Once there the HighView perch invites them to rest comfortably as they drink from any of three feeding ports while also offering an unobstructed view of the birds. Features a generous 8 ounce capacity, sturdy polycarbonate construction, and a suction-cup mounted bracket. You can use this feeder with or without the ant-moat to block crawling insects. Supports optional Nectar Guard tips.
Top Customer Reviews
They have been up a month now and no problems with the suction cups holding them to the window, even in moderate winds. They are easy to take down and fill.
I got mine in early Spring and put it up almost immediately. At first, I was disappointed that it wasn't attracting any HB's (like some reviews indicated) However, I kept refilling it and was rewarded by several little "girls" almost feeding constantly, taking turns, for several weeks. Then there became fewer and fewer feeding. I guess they continued up to Canada, or wherever they go from here.
I still kept filling, cleaning, and refilling. Then they came back several weeks later... this time with some males. I guess this was the second wave and they've been here ever since. In past seasons, I've not had them stay at any of my other feeders so long into the season. This feeder seems to attract them better than the up-side-down and other window hangers I had... so I've just removed all the others and concentrate only on this Aspects one now.
There are, however, several things that I've discovered and I do that has made this feeder a success (that some other reviewers indicate they don't like with this feeder and have given it poor reviews). I believe this feeder is well made, sturdy, and works flawlessly if you do (or don't do) several things:
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS enclosed with the unit then...
1. Keep the mote (if you use it) filled whenever it needs it if you have ant or other insect issues. Don't complain about mother nature evaporating the water! You can't fight her and the mote can only be so big, otherwise you'd need a crane to hold the feeder up. Also, if your feeder is in the direct sun, the water in the mote (and food in the feeder) WILL evaporate faster! (Duh).
2. The food container is sufficiently adequate in volume. I only use about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mixture in the feeder and change it often. This will ensure the HB's are getting fresh food and you don't toss out so much. If you have hordes of HB's feeding and they actually do empty it, use your own strategy (your mileage will vary)... but you probably aren't the people giving this product poor reviews in the first place- because you've figured it out already!
3. Clean the outside of the window where the suction cups will be attached... but only with PLAIN WATER and a rag or paper towel. Some window cleaners lay down a film so the suction cups may not be able to hold onto the glass very well.
4. Use the window mullion (frame or pane divider trim) to help support the base. It makes it more stable. We've had some high winds during several storms this summer and they never affected the feeder at all. Check the suction cup's grip every other filling, or so, and give them a push to ensure they stay attached. Remove the base periodically and re-clean the glass and cups for insurance.
5. When installing the suction cups, DO NOT tighten the screws (too) tight. I can see how some (negative) reviewers of this product may have driven the screws too deeply into the cup and actually punctured the whole way through (or used the wrong length screws that were supplied for an alternate deck mounting).
6. No need to attach, or paint, yellow, or any other colored petals to the feed holes. They will come and feed being drawn just by the translucent red jewel-box top. Be patient! Just in writing this review, I've probably had two dozen visit the feeder and drink (it's mid July, when they'd usually be gone in past years).
All in all, I'm totally satisfied with this feeder. I give it 5 stars (10 if they'd let me). I believe most of the negative reviews are due to operator error and are just venting instead of admitting their woe's. Don't let some negative reviews or reviewers keep you from this feeder!
Also, cleaning is a breeze with the Aspects feeders. no more hassles with all of the parts.
I now buy these as gifts and everyone loves them. I have the window feeder and the HummZinger Fancy feeder by Aspects. I no longer use my others.
Upon unpacking this feeder, I was surprised by how sturdy it was. The plastic is not at all flimsy and it feels like it will be durable for long service. Another pleasant surprise was that the ant moat is removable, which reduces the size, weight, and number of things to clean, which is always welcome.
As you may have found by reading other reviews, the suction cups are on a separate bracket, which is the hanger for the feeder. This allows you to remove the feeder for cleaning and refilling very easily. Whether it's because I'm not using the ant moat, or the design has been updated, or I'm just fortunate, I have had no trouble whatsoever with the suction cups staying where I put them. The screws seemed to be adequate for the job. I also haven't had any birds larger than an oriole check out the feeder, so the mounting system hasn't been put under duress.
I have found that the latch keeping the red flip-up lid closed is difficult to open one-handed. This makes it tricky to just refill the feeder if it doesn't need cleaning, but that hasn't come into play too much. So far this summer, the juice has needed to be replaced every couple of days, and I just clean the feeder at that time anyway.
This leads me into the only other issue that I've run into, which is the 8 ounce liquid capacity of the feeder. For those who have lots of hungry hummingbirds, I'm sure the full capacity of the feeder is great, but we don't go through that much juice before it spoils, so I usually only fill it half-way. The well of the feeder is fairly deep, and I'm concerned that some birds might not be able to reach the juice if it's not filled higher, but so far they seem to be OK with it. That's a minor issue, and it probably isn't even a problem for birds skilled at getting nectar from tubular flowers.
I highly recommend this feeder, as well as the 8 and 12-ounce feeders made by this company. This feeder is just as easy to clean (the primary benefit to the dish-style feeders that Aspects makes) and by having it stuck to the window, it gets the birds even closer to where they can be seen while feeding.
I don't often give five-star ratings, but I think this hummingbird feeder deserves it!