Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Asphalt 3D forum

Asphalt 3D or Ridge Racer 3D?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2011, 1:27:27 PM PDT
J. R. S. D says:
Not a fan of either series... in fact, I've never played any of them, but I'm looking for a fun racing game that might tide me over until Mario Kart 3DS launches (I know, it isn't the same kind of game, bear with me)

So, which one is overall better? I'm a big fan of the NFS Underground and the like so if the game is anything like that it's a huge plus.

Posted on Mar 22, 2011, 8:31:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2011, 8:32:22 PM PDT
A. Iverson says:
Ridge Racer for sure. It's a veteran franchise that's appeared at almost every major console launch of the last ten years, and it's steadily gotten solid, if not stellar reviews.
Asphalt is made by mobile developer Gameloft, whose previous racing efforts (Asphalt 4: Elite Racing, Asphalt 5 and Asphalt 6: Adrenaline) were good for iOS, but don't look to carry over to 3DS very well.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011, 5:53:10 AM PDT
Gmw says:
wtf is up with asphalt 3d and no reviews? Its the only launch title that i havent been able to find a review for. If anyone knows anything let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011, 3:14:30 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Really, where did you find a review of Lego Star Wars 3DS?

Posted on Mar 24, 2011, 10:27:33 PM PDT
Gmw says:
heres one of the new reviews I found. Let me know if you anyone finds a review for Asphalt

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/03/nintendo-3ds-game-review-lego-star-wars-iii/1

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011, 12:15:44 PM PDT
J. Franklin says:
my wife bought it, it was pretty awesome! But, I have to admit I haven't played ridgeracer and shouldn't compare, but this game rocks, 3D effects are stellar!

Posted on Apr 20, 2011, 7:37:56 PM PDT
http://www.gamerankings.com/3ds/609527-asphalt-3d/index.html

Posted on Sep 4, 2013, 10:43:55 AM PDT
For a kid, would you recommend mario kart 7 for the 3ds or mario kart for wii? The reason I'm asking is bc I'm trying to decide which racing game to get my 6 yr old nephew for his new 3ds...MK7, ridge racer, or asphalt? Thx! He's never played any of those games, just sonic all stars and track attack both on the wii.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Asphalt 3D forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Asphalt 3D
Asphalt 3D by UBI Soft (Nintendo 3DS)
4.0 out of 5 stars (105)