Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum

Assassins Creed, BioShock, inFAMOUS, or Uncharted!?!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2011, 10:44:02 AM PST
engnir1 says:
I am really, really hoping my wife is going to buy me either the PS3 or XBOX 360 for xmas, and I'm unsure of which game series to get? I have seen walkthroughs for all of these games and all of them look right up my alley. I have only had the Wii for about 3-4 years so all of these games are an improvement graphically. I would like to make my first purchase one of the first games in any of these series, and want to get your thoughts on them. I am leaning towards the AC series but would welcome any of these? What do you think? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011, 2:19:59 PM PST
mister_man says:
All are great games, but if I could only choose one, then let it be Uncharted 3. You can even play co-op with your wife too.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011, 5:59:27 PM PST
engnir1 says:
Thank you for your response. My wife actually does not play, but I think I have whined enough about wanting a PS3 that I'm hoping she got it for me. But anyways....Uncharted series does look pretty fun as it looks like there are a number of different weapons to use. I'm still leaning towards the AC series first though.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 10:43:20 AM PST
engnir1 says:
mister_man - I did wind up getting the PS3 for xmas as well as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!! Since this game is supposed to have over 300 hours of gameplay, I'm thinking I will be busy for while. But when I finish/grow tired of Skyrim, I'm definitely going to start up the Uncharted series. Thanks again!

Posted on Jan 5, 2012, 10:51:15 AM PST
Athas says:
gratz on your new ps3. I received mine from my Mrs the previous xmas. Wives rock, especially when they get you what you really want. :)

Having played AC2, Bioshock1, Infamous1, Uncharted2 first time this year, I'd like to add that Uncharted is a slightly different beast from the other 3 titles. Lengthwise, it's much shorter, but more then that, it isn't really sandbox where you go around exploring and doing side missions like the other 3.

For me personally, I enjoyed AC2 the most(I skipped AC1), followed closely by Infamous, then Bioshock (only because 3rd person pov > 1st person pov for me) then Uncharted2 (skipped 1).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing them all, and still own the games and will replay them in the future. But I think your instinct on getting AC was the right call.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012, 1:34:14 PM PST
engnir1 says:
Arthas - Thanks for the response and congras on your PS3 as well!

I'm loving Skyrim right now, and because of that, I might start up the AC series when the time comes. I do love all the tasks and side missions which AC has as well. I know that Uncharted is pretty much a linear game where you basically have to follow one path unlike being a sandbox. I would like to play them all, and I think AC is next. I would've never put this post out had I known I was getting Skyrim!!! Thanks again!

Posted on Jan 6, 2012, 7:04:45 AM PST
Athas says:
yeah skyrim is a drug for sure. Curious, has the game been performing well for you freezing/glitch wise? That has been my main concern when it comes to Bethesda games on ps3, ever since playing Fallout 3 on it. Assuming your wife got you the latest version of ps3, we should have an identical model, so wondering how it's working for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012, 1:57:46 PM PST
engnir1 says:
Skyrim is starting to get addictive for me. I will see something, and it will make me think about it. That's scary! It actually just froze up on me last night and I'm about 10 hours into it. Luckily, I'm the kind of person that saves like every 10-15 minutes so it's really not that big a deal for me. Plus, I had already been playing for about an hour and 45 minutes, so I was ready to call it quits anyways. That is the only time so far. And I do have the 160GB latest PS3. Was Fallout 3 one of the best Fallouts? Should I check into that instead of AC when I'm ready? What do you think? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012, 2:46:43 PM PST
Go with Assassins Creed! inFamous and Bioshock weren't appealing to me (but there's a demo u can try for each game). I'm just starting Uncharted, so can't say much but AC is the best story/game ever. Do yourself a favor and start with AC2. I love the series but had i played AC1 first I may never have picked up another one again. Also consider the fact that w/ AC u have 4 great games to beat and then AC3 still to be released next year. As for other suggestions I would recommend 100% mass effect 2 (ME1 isn't on ps3). Its a RPG that takes place in the future with an huge galaxy to explore at least 30 hours of game play, ME3 comes out 3/6/12. If you like Skyrim theres also the Dragon Age series, which is made by the people who make Mass Effect. Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012, 5:30:09 PM PST
engnir1 says:
Gator - thanks for the input! I might just skip AC and start with AC2. I've been seeing that alot. Also, I've looked into Mass Effect 2 and that looks pretty sweet too! It's just so nice not having to worry about playing my Wii anymore as there are soooo many games I want to play with PS! Dragon Age and Uncharted are also ones I'd like to play. Thanks again!!

Posted on Jan 16, 2012, 6:39:33 PM PST
Rey says:
Also try to play the Batman Arkham games

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012, 4:17:09 AM PST
engnir1 says:
Rey - Thanks for the response! Those Batman games as already on my list of games to play. They look incredible!

Posted on Jan 18, 2012, 12:09:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012, 12:12:30 AM PST
Rey says:
You won't regret them, I beat them both and I'm still playing them. Another game I recommend is Red Dead Redemption

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012, 5:39:10 AM PST
engnir1 says:
That looks pretty sweet and fun too! The only problem is that I work full time and I'm a father of two little kiddos, so I don't really have that much free time in the evenings. I get maybe 2 hours every other night - maybe. So with Skyrim alone, I'll be playing this for probably the rest of this year at my current pace - which is fine with me because I absolutely love it! I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing all the games I want to, and that stinks!!

Posted on Jan 18, 2012, 11:09:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012, 11:10:37 PM PST
i prefer the Assassins Creed series because i am a big fan and I own all the games, the story in games are connected and have a lot of twists. The only problem is you need to start from the beginning to really understand the story (from Assassins Creed 1), Uncharted is a good game as well but its not an open world game like Assassins Creed (you only play chapters)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012, 4:11:12 AM PST
engnir1 says:
Mohammed - I definitely think that AC is going to be the next game I get. I might as well start from the beginning with AC1, but I have heard that 1 was the worst of them and 2 was far and beyond better and I should start with that. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012, 7:15:46 PM PST
Ari says:
yes, it is repetitive, but when you beat the last of Assassin's creed you will be disappointed it is over because it was so much fun. so start from 1, then get 2, brotherhood, and revelations (and the brotherhood DLC), and you will have like 100 hours right there if you do everything in at least brotherhood and revelations

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 3:35:09 PM PST
Rock 'N Roll says:
if i were you, i would start with getting ac 2, bioshock 1,uncharted 2, and uncharted 3. if i were you i would rent uncharted 1 as it's good, but just not as good as uncharted 2 and 3. i would rent infamous 1 and 2 also. they are very good games and i had a blast playing them, but after you get the platinum there just isnt much to do and the story modes arent worth playing through more than three times.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 4:27:09 AM PST
engnir1 says:
Are the AC games very long? I'm about 40 hours into Skyrim right now and I don't think I've even scratched the surface!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 4:31:56 AM PST
engnir1 says:
Rock N Roll - thanks for the good advice. I'm thinking I'll do just that. Start with AC2. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 8:33:24 AM PST
Ari says:
AC1- story is about 10-12 hours but not really any side missions. AC2- story is about 15 hours and about 6 hours of side missions. AC brotherhood- story is about 12 hours and another 8 in side missions. AC Revelations- story is about 8-9 hours and side missions 4 hours. but the AC series imo has a much more engaging story and it is like an amazing movie with great characters and awesome cutscenes. Skyrim on the other hand has a lot of content but none of it interested me with no cutscenes at all and just voices talking about the stuff going on

Posted on Jan 21, 2012, 11:00:47 AM PST
Rock 'N Roll says:
for me, ive played through ac2 3 times and are still not bored of it and i think i have invested about 5o hours into that game, having gotten the platinum. i also got the platinum in uncharted 2, which was sooo fun. i have probably invested over 50 hours into that game, too. I also have played through brotherhood twice and i have played it for about 30 hours. If i were you, here is my course of action: rent infamous and infamous 2 and get the platinums (there not that hard) then return them and then buy a 10 dollar psn card. then you can get assassins creed 2 with all its dlc(about an extra 3 hours of bonus stuff) for 10 dollars on psn, which is well worth it. THEN, rent uncharted 1. Play through it, get the platinum if your into that, and then trade it in. NOW, you have a descision to make. Either buy bioshock 1, uncharted 2, or ac brotherhood(you can get them for around 10-20$ each). just keep in mind, it is a MASSIVE jump between uncharted 1 and 2. then after you buy and play through those games, then rent revelations, bioshock 2, and then buy uncharted 3. then youre done and you have experienced about everything the gaming world has to offer(other than rpgs like skyrim and mass effect). hope this helps :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 2:25:42 PM PST
Ari says:
ac2 dlc is free now :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012, 4:25:04 AM PST
engnir1 says:
Rock N Roll - WOW, that's quite a schedule you lined up there! lol I wish I had the time it would take to follow it, but being a father and working fulltime, I don't quite see that happening. But I will certainly keep this in mind though. I've never been one to play multiple games at once as I like to finish one and move onto another, so I'll probably be playing Skyrim into this fall. I'm only 40 hours into it and it is the most incredible gaming experience I've ever had. Of course, this is my first PS3 game too! ;-) But I guess I thought the AC games were a little longer than that, so that's kind of disappointing, but I'm sure the gameplay will make up for it. I do have a stupid question though....what are you talking about with all the platinums?? I've only had my PS3 since xmas so I'm still a noob to it. I have gotten a number of trophies in Skyrim so do though have something to do with it? Thanks for all your help!

Posted on Jan 22, 2012, 8:29:03 PM PST
Justin Smith says:
platinum trophies are the trophies you get if you get all the trophie in a game. I just got my ps3 a few months ago and I've been playing like crazy. I just beat AC2 and it was awesome. I'm playing Bioshock right now and I love it. It has great story and intesting gameplay. Uncharted is an excellent series too. I can't wait too try skyrim. Are your kids old enough to play video games? If they are Little Big Planet is a great family friendly platfomer you can play with them. PS3 is very addictive! I have beat more video games in the last few months than I ever did with my Wii. Anyway enjoy skyrim. I'm going to pick it up as soon as I see it on sale. Gaming is a pretty expensive hobby but I'm not complaining.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (370)