Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag [Online Game Code]
Platform: PC Download|Edition: Standard - Uplay|Change
Price:$7.00 - $189.88

on December 27, 2014
This game is fantastic! The graphics are fantastic (make sure your hardware can handle it!). I love the Caribbean, my parents would take my sis and I every summer down to the keys, and we would take our boat out in the ocean to fish and dive. The water is so clear, and blue, and honestly beautiful. The smell of the salt, the warm breeze, and the hot sun. Everyone glows after days on the water. This game, reminds me exactly of that. Everytime I play it, it's as if I'm on a vacation. Except as a pirate, killing and looting, lol.

Excellent voice acting, fantastic storyline, beautiful environment, and I can't remember any glitches.

Buy now.
on February 20, 2014
I've played several of the Assassin's Creed games, but I haven't finished one since Assassin's Creed 2...until now. Assassin's Creed Black Flag eclipses its predecessors in every way. The story is full of adventure and heart, and the protagonist, Edward Kenway, is a killer with a heart of gold. Honestly I think the ending to this game is one of the more poignant endings I've seen in a videogame in years.

The gameplay is traditional Assassin's Creed fun with all of the traversal mechanics from the previous games returning, including the forest traversal and rock climbing found in Assassin's Creed III. The game also includes the sailing and naval battles from Assassin's Creed III and greatly expands upon it making piracy a now crucial part of the game. As far as weapons and gadgets, Edward has a great assortment of tools including darts, pistols, smoke bombs, and even money. I also felt like the designers did a better job than past games designing the levels so that stealth is a viable option.

On the downside, I felt like the game became repetitive at a certain point, and about 2/3 of the way through I found myself playing mainly to collect all these stupid trinkets that really have no real bearing on the game. You see, each location has hundreds of collectibles--treasure chests, song sheets, animus fragments, etc. The game never tells you what some of these are good for, and in most cases collecting them doesn't accomplish anything meaningful. But, maybe brilliantly, the designers show you all of the locations outright and give you a checklist. For me, this tipped the scales from saying "Not worth it" to becoming addicted to getting the list checked off. However, even if it is a compulsion it's not exactly fun and it really pads out the game.

I'd also complain that the naval combat becomes a little too easy by the end of the game, as even fleets of Frigates and Man of Wars could do little to stop my fully upgraded Jackdaw. I appreciate feeling like a badass but I think having a wider variety of upper level naval enemies would have helped.

Lastly, the game's combat is still too easy and boils down to attack, counter, attack, break defense, etc. based on the enemy type. Battles look spectacular, however, and the graphics of Assassin's Creed have never been better. I played on a decent rig with an i5 3570k, GTX 660, and 8 gigabytes of ram. The game was smooth but there were definitely some options I was not able to turn on. I don't really mind that though, since it still looked excellent and it gives me something to look forward to next time I upgrade.

Overall, I would certainly give Assassin's Creed IV a buy if you have liked past games and would enjoy a grand adventure. Just keep in mind that it is still an Assassin's Creed game, and it has not so shaken off the series' trappings to completely abandon the series's mechanics, both good and bad.
on August 6, 2017
I got this 3yrs back when I built a new PC with 980Ti and 4K monitor. I wanted to play the sea faring adventures and it didn't disappoint me. Though the game hangs a lot which is typical of any Ubisoft game.
on June 16, 2014
An absolute blast! Vivid surroundings, it like I'm in a tropical paradise when I'm exploring and the battles are very cool. I'm 52 years old and this is like taking a vacation and never leaving the house.
on June 10, 2014
I'll put it this way. I gave Assassins Creed 1 a try, did not like it. Got 3 for free, played for about 1/2 an hour. Just did not find them interesting at all. This one, Assassins Creed IV totally blew me away! The Pirate side makes the game most excellent! I actually spent two weeks and beat the game and still had 30% of undiscovered items. Such fun. You can do Templar Quests, Assassin Quests, go harpooning, level up your ship with the loot you get. Just the coolest thing. Ship battles totally rock also! I've seen the new one Assassins Creed Unity and I'm worried. Where are the Pirate Ships!!!
on August 30, 2014
Best assassins creed since the first one! I'd almost given up on the franchise after the last two but black flag is amazing. Well worth getting.
on June 10, 2014
The graphics are great and the shipping was instant. The game is too linear. I wanted to be a free roaming pirate, not a mission runner that has to do things in order and only as the devs saw fit. No yar here.
on December 31, 2013
so extensive land and sea~
high quality graphic and physics
a lot of contents.
great pirate ship battle
nice game story
u'll feel like ONE PIECE it this game xD
4 helpful votes
on January 18, 2017
Works Perfect! Always can count on Amazon to deliver above exceptional results.
on June 25, 2014
Good fun. Wish it was a little more immersive like skyrim, but then I wish I could be an assassin like Edward Kenway in skyrim too.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.