Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on March 25, 2013
First, I love the Assassins Creed series. When AC2 came out though, I could not play it because of the DRM (I only have dial-up). However, years later Ubisoft/UPlay no longer requires a constant internet connection, just the initial sign in the first time (yay!).

On to the game, I loved it. It is much longer (or seemed so to me) than the first, still had an engaging story and threw in some new twists to the series as a whole. Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything. My main complaint was that some of the small tutorials or hints would come after I needed them and had to look up how to progress. Also, the controls seemed looser/less predictable so my Assassin would jump off a building or ledge that I did not intend. As a whole the game seemed more difficult which I appreciated (though frustratingly the controls often added to this). The graphics were decent, though by now are a little dated.

I would definitely recommend this game. Especially now that you can pick it up for very little $$.
on January 27, 2015
I wrote an earlier review of this slamming the download speed, but after resetting my router and making sure nothing in the house was downloading or streaming anything the speed went up to a very manageable level. It seems that the download is slowed to a crawl by ANY other internet traffic on your network, instead of sharing the load like everything else, so while I can stream Netflix on 3 devices at once, I cannot browse the internet and download from Amazon at the same time. This is slightly annoying, but not a reason to buy the game somewhere else, since at least Amazon does not require you to install proprietary software that wants to always run in the background and install toolbars and other junk.

As far as the game goes, I was first put off by the low graphics quality, having essentially played the series in reverse (AC4 Black Flag, AC3, AC5 Unity, this one AC2, and finally the original which I am currently playing), and there is a HUGE difference in both the graphics quality and the scope of the world from 2 to 3. Thankfully the actual gameplay graphics are not as bad as the opening scene graphics with Desmond and Lucy. Lucy has bug eyes, a mouth that just looks plain wrong, and jerky movements that I think the developers thought were a sexy wiggle when she walks. As I said, however, though the graphics are nothing compared to AC3, 4, or 5, they get better after the opening are are plenty good enough that the difference is not noticeable after a few minutes of gameplay, especially after your character gets his hood.

The game itself is great fun, and Venice, especially, is a city that is done very well. The economic system is actually one of the best in the series, with specialty vendors selling various items. For some reason the AC series has diminished this to a new low in Unity by having you buy weapons and armor any time, any place, from your interface, and reducing consumable sales to 1 person standing on a street corner or in a building among other people with 1 of 3 faces, and apparently carrying an unlimited supply of bombs, medicine, chemical weapons, etc in his pockets. These are not huge things, but they make for a more believable experience.
on January 5, 2016
I installed on Windows 10 and did all viable options including troubleshooting for compatibility. I rebooted the system and reinstalled multiple times. This was a waste of time and money. If possible, I'd like a refund as every time I start the game it crashed stating an ubisoft error for update check. It won't let me disable the update check before starting the game otherwise I'm sure it'd work no problem. I don't think you should sell a product without testing it first and seeing the error. I can send screenshots if necessary.
review image
on June 18, 2013
Assassin's Creed II is the best Assassin's Creed game in my opinion. It's a tremendously fun game, that gives you 10+ hours of storyline, and around 20 hours if you go for 100% completion. Be warned, you can only achieve 100% synchronization if you buy the deluxe edition. I bought the normal version off of eBay for cheap, and on once I completed everything, I only had 97% sync. So I decided to buy this, as it's only $6. All I had to do was put the game key into the Extra Content menu, and the 3 missions were unlocked! They add a good half hour of fun gameplay to this already giant game. Fun game, at a price that can't be beaten.
on September 5, 2013
I love this game. One of my favorite things with it is that you can basically go anywhere.
Oh look, a building. I wonder what it looks like on top of that building... climb up it and see.
Oh look another building, this one has guards in front of it.... Oh well, I will climb over it and into it or kill the guards. It doesn't have any of the fake 'there is someone guarding this building and there is no way past them and I can't kill them' crap. Excellent game, great storyline.
on January 7, 2014
Strong Plus: the climbing--it really adds another dimension over what most video games use, so that's a fun, different adventure.

Negative: The story feels short by modern standards, and there's basically no development at all for the metanarrative (what takes place in the present), so it's really unclear why it's there at all. The fighting interface is good enough, but fights get repetitive quickly. Assassination variation can be okay.
on October 17, 2013
A huge improvement from the already ambitious AC1.
Ezio quickly became one of the most likable and memorable characters in gaming history, and we followed his life until its end on AC: Revelations.
Now with AC3 out and AC4 close to release, I'm sad that this series became a yearly IP and how the HUGE jump from AC1 to AC2 never repeated itself. What once was a potential contender for IP of the generation degenerated into a moneycow for Ubisoft.
on July 4, 2013
The game runs great on my PC and has an incredibly great story. I recommend that you use a gaming control for it, as using the keyboard for it can be quite annoying. At the price of $5, this is a great buy. Also, Ubisoft has changed their DRM policies, thus only requiring that users register the game online only once(when installing for the first time). After the initial installation, you are allowed to play online for as long as you want without restrictions.
on February 15, 2013
I didn't play AC 1 and just started off with this game and I LOVE IT. This game is so many times more engrossing and more to explore. It has a deeper story line into Ezio's life as well. This is what got me kick started into the trilogy, however I would stress that it is best to play from 1 onwards to have a deeper view and story of the game.

STARTING WITH THIS WORKS AMAZING TOO. I love you ezio!!!
on February 5, 2016
Don't buy! Downloaded the file and tried installing, but there is a missing file and won't install. Tried downloading again two more times, still a file missing. I gave up!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.