& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Experience exclusive PC content
- Be an Assassin! Plan your attacks, strike without mercy, and fight your way to escape.
- Realistic and responsive environments - Every action has its consequences. Crowds react to your moves, and will either help or hinder you on your quests.
- Dedicated historical accuracy, from the models of the in-game cities to the weaponry to the portrayal of actual political figures who died or disappeared in the year 1191.
- Experience heavy action-blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons, and face your enemies in realistic swordfight duels.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Four PC-exclusive investigation missions make the game an even better experience than its console predecessors, including the Rooftop Race Challenge, a race to a specified location and the Archer Stealth Assassination Challenge, where the player must assassinate all archers in a certain zone to help out fellow Assassins.
- Experience a living, breathing world in which all your actions have consequences. Crowds react to your moves and will either help or hinder you on your quests
- Eliminate your targets wherever, whenever, and however. Stalk your prey through detailed and historically accurate environments. Scale buildings, mount horses, blend in with crowds
- This game immerses you in the Holy Land of the 12th century, featuring life-like graphics, ambiance, and the detail of a living world
- Find action blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons, and face your enemies in sword fight duels
Top Customer Reviews
This is a TREMENDOUSLY BEAUTIFULLY GAME. The first thing that grabs you is how REAL the city environments feel. The graphics are just OUT OF THIS WORLD! You will need a very good PC to enjoy their full potential (minimum requirements provided below), but real skies, dynamic shadows, facial expressions and realistically flowing robes are only beginning to describe it! Run on a roof and the other citizens will gather around and comment on your crazy behavior! Throw someone on a vendor's cart and he will come after you complaining about his ruined produce! And the city is alive well beyond your character. If only BIOWARE could take some lessons for its next BALDUR's GATE...
Adding to this is the wonderful sound! From the crowd murmurs and the NTCs cries for help, to the whistling of the wind and the well-chosen background music, a good sound-card and speakers set is recommended to truly enjoy this game. If you have a 5.1 speaker system (I do not) I can imagine the experience to become even more immersing.
As to the gameplay, you control Altaïr ibn La-Ahad ("The Flying One, Son of None"). He is a member of the Assassin Brotherhood that sides, well, with both...sides, during the 3rd Crusade. In a story twist, he is also your ancestor, the game being your/his flashback memories. This is a twist I could do without, but I would guess it lays groundwork for the sequels.Read more ›
But I have to say, this game is really fun. I didn't know this type of game was possible on the PC. The last time I remember having this type of intuitive control and ability to jump and move around anywhere was Mario 64. And this game takes that fluid character control and ups the ante by 1000x and increases the graphics, adds hundreds of people and lets you kill anyone. I don't know what to say, it's just extremely fun to just run around, walk around, climb, jump across roof, fight random civilians and the guards. It's just perfect. Well, closer to perfect than any game I've played yet.
Anyways I had some concerns with people saying you'll need a gamepad for this. I have a PS3 for Blu Ray, not games, but a friend brings over AC sometimes and personally I prefer the keyboard/mouse combo. With a controller you just feel so constricted and you never forget that you're the one guiding the character on screen. With keyboard/mouse it's easier to get past that and move as if you're in the game. But I understand it's preference and if you're a console person you might feel differently.
I don't know of all the improvements made from the console versions but I noticed at least 4 new side-quests. There's one where you stealth kill archers and guards for your fellow assassins, one where you have to race to another informer within a certain amount of time, one where you "escort vip", and one where you need to throw someone into merchant stores.Read more ›
The video game was amazing. Here are the pros and cons that I saw:
1. The outdoor environments are huge and all beautifully detailed. You also get to ride on horseback.
2. The buildings, mosques and churches and other architecture are amazingly realistic and I think these along with #4 below "made" the game. These really made it feel like you were in Jerusalem or Damascus. FREAKING amazing. I think this game is a landmark video game just because of the quality of the graphics for the buildings. Even the golden domes on the mosques shine with the sunlight. The game should get an award for this.
3. You will have many hours of fun because of the swordfights. Every time the player levels up, he acquires new swordfighting and combat skills. This makes combat always interesting and there's always something new to try out on your targets.
4. Both the "Bourne Identity" movies and the new James Bond movies have scenes where the hero has the climb walls and jump from roof to roof all with just his bare hands. In this game, YOU are Jason Bourne doing all that stuff. This and #2 "made" this game. When you're jumping from roof to roof and you're being chased by 12 guards while archers are taking aim at you, the feeling is exhilarating.
5. When you are in a city, you have a lot of freedom about where to go and what to do. It feels like "GTA" with horses and not cars. There is even a meter that indicates how "wanted" you are by the guards.
1. The "Save a citizen" quests feel very repetitive after you've done a hundred of them.
2. You cannot swim. If you land in the water, you die. Why? If the hero is able to pull off the roof jumping stunts, why can't he swim?
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game got me so addicted that i had to buy every assassins creed game lolPublished 2 months ago by amielle
Great game, and thankfully a digital download option if you want to get to play the first game in the series since it's not available in most other PC formats. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Dan S
OK, it's a good game, but it just wasn't my style. The graphics are well done and the games runs great. Read morePublished 14 months ago by C. Weaver
Eh his accent bothers me too much it's so out of place, but this was Ubisoft at it's beginning so take it with a grain of salt. Excellent series though.Published 14 months ago by Spusk