Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 209 reviews
on January 8, 2015
Warning for those using the download option. When I installed the game it took me to a registration prompt. That seemed to go okay but when I log on to Uplay it doesn't show this game under my games.

I have contacted ubisoft and am hoping for a resolution but so far nothing. They are asking for an activation code which we do not seem to get here.

As far as the game itself, I am enjoying it quite a bit. For me it's pretty neat to see how this all started. I'm having a good time playing through the missions and love the banter from the NPCs. It's limited in storyline and things you can do compared to newer games. One warning for players like me who are used to newer games, if you fall in the water you die. Ouch.

I will update this review with more stars if my issue is resolved.

UPDATE: No further contact from any parties on this issue. It seems I don't own this game in Ubisoft's eyes. I have to ask, was there no trophies to be earned in this game? SOMETHING is wrong here, this should show as a game I own in Uplay.

I have continued to try to register this within the folder for support and it says it worked, but it NEVER shows under my uplay account.
on December 25, 2012
I just tested this to make sure Amazon download worked okay, and it did (usually only buy games that can be redeemed on Steam). Tested it through the tutorial and such to see performance. Seemed okay.

This is probably one of those games you could only play if you have never played any of the sequels in this series, or if you thoroughly enjoyed it when you played it before.

Pros:

-Good graphics. Pretty scenery.
-Interesting, although sometimes over-complicated, story (throughout the series, not just this game).
-Voice acting is good.
- Runs okay frame wise, on my pc at least.
- You can explore a fair amount from what I remember.

Cons:

- Controls. On PC these are pretty sloppy it seems. However, it does apparently support the Microsoft 360 controller, so that's an option.
- Repetitive. This game is really repetitive, all of the missions are basically set up the same, inner cities have similar layouts, side missions repeat themselves, etc. It didn't bother me when I first played it, but it might now and I know many people dislike the repetition.
- Overshadowed by the sequels. As the first AC game, it was great when it first came out. However, if you have played any of the sequels, they did A LOT of things better. The grappling system in this one is very tedious and annoying. Especially during one mission in which you need to jump on wooden poles to cross a large body of water (falling in= instant death). You can't swim at all. Has less features, of course.
- Apparent crashing/lock-ups? I have not encountered any yet myself but I have read a lot of complaints regarding them.

All in all, I really liked this game when I first played it, and I know I still will. It hasn't aged as well as some other games due to dodgy controls (grappling system can be very annoying), but for $5 I'll take it.

If you're really unsure about it, watch the first few playthrough videos on youtube. If you don't want to play it, but want to know the story, skim through a playthrough.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2015
Great game, and thankfully a digital download option if you want to get to play the first game in the series since it's not available in most other PC formats. (Steam/Uplay)

Game is super glitchy, as most Ubisoft games are. You'll slam into invisible floors, glitch around enemies, and zoom into the sky for no reason, but they're usually not too detrimental. More funny than anything.

Worth the cost, and the game holds up fairly well to the more modern games.

(Works with a PC compatible XBox 360 controller, just need to enable it in the settings)
on February 18, 2014
The game was fun. I admit, it definitely got pretty dang repetitive if you do all the quests (which I do, minus the flags.) However, the story line is interesting enough that it kept me going through until the end. The graphics are beautiful for a game this old. I did get annoyed hearing the npcs saying the same things over and over. You have some freedom with the gameplay as in deciding which quests you want to do first or if you want to do them at all. Learning the controls on a keyboard was a bit of a challenge. I didn't have them all down until about half way through the game and that was because I was too lazy to look at tutorials for it. I kind of wish they would have made it a bit more challenging towards the end. (Required you to be a bit more stealthy) But overall, I very much enjoyed it.
on July 3, 2013
This is the first in the series, and one of the games that really helped make the Xbox franchise. It's credentials are solid, so I'm just going to give a few quick thoughts.

Pros:
Director's cut is really worth watching. there is a fun story-line here, and a bit more depth is always good.
Fun gameplay (if a bit monotonous at times)
Sets up the series, so worth getting through if you plan on playing any of the others.
Very interesting game world

Cons:
Like I said, it can get monotonous. There is a fair amount of "go there do that, come here do this."
A lot of the stunning visuals from the trailer are repeated throughout the game
If you have played the new ones, this can seem a tiny bit barren.

All in all, if you haven't played this before, you should get it, especially if you can get it during the summer sale for 5 bucks.
on February 23, 2011
I like this game but my computer is a little slow. At first there was an error when I downloaded. you may see configuration errro:0x0002 and 3 but I read the other reviews and followed the steps with the tagesprotection.com site and went to drivers to download, took a few seconds to download. After that, I looked up assassins creed, the game, and it played after it was installed and loading. I went to my computer option and found amazon games and software and found assassins creed folder and clicked inside to find a set up, it is under application type and should be around 449 kb.There are other types of set upr but I chose this one since it worked. After clicking on it, it should install the game after you agree to some stuff...same old procedures. One thing I disliked was the loading of over 6 GB for this game, but hey graphics are not bad. I had to re-download twice, since I screwed up halfway downloading another amazon pc game. I was thinking that I could download multiple items, but I am having a hard time figuring that out. Well 4 stars overall based on the gameplay and controls. This game probably deserves a slightly higher rating. Follow the steps and it should help you, If not then just type in the error they give you in google or something.
on June 2, 2014
After a bit of trouble with installation, I was pleasantly surprised. The game is paced perfectly, and the story is one of the best that I have seen. The game makes sure to reward the player for progressing by upgrading weapons, adding more health, and making missions easier, more fun, and much quicker. Alongside main assassination missions, there are other objectives like finding flags, climbing to viewpoints to expand your map, and rescuing citizens that are being bullied by guards. Combat however, is not as polished as the rest of the game. Most of the combat feels more like button press sequences than actual combat. It's not bad, but it's not... good.
on May 19, 2014
Experience exclusive PC content NO INTERNET REQUIRED......
Be an Assassin! Plan your attacks, strike without mercy, and fight your way to escape.
Realistic and responsive environments - Every action has its consequences. Crowds react to your moves, and will either help or hinder you on your quests.
Dedicated historical accuracy, from the models of the in-game cities to the weaponry to the portrayal of actual political figures who died or disappeared in the year 1191.
Experience heavy action-blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons, and face your enemies in realistic swordfight duels.
on October 1, 2009
I first played this game on an XBox 360 and I enjoyed the gameplay enough that I bought it when I upgraded my PC.

The voice-overs and plot are interesting enough but they leave you hanging at the end of the game, which I can understand since they are coming out with a sequel soon. However, it is kindof a let-down have an engaging storyline through the game only to be left hanging at the end.

The gameplay and mechanics are fun, which is what keeps me playing. It isn't the missions themselves, because while this is a "sandbox" type game where you can go almost anyplace you want to, the missions were still very linear and once you've completed the game there really isn't much else to do.

Given that the environmental graphics (shadows, filtering, etc) had such TLC put into them, it is shocking to see how poorly the ragdoll physics were implemented. It's a little off-putting the first time you kill a rooftop archer with a throwing knife and see his body stretch like taffy as he falls off the roof.

Overall it's a lot of fun the first time through and the gameplay is enough fun that it's worth popping in every so often. However, if you are looking for a lot of repeat playability, look elsewhere.
on April 9, 2011
After reading some of the other reviews about people having problems downloading and installing this product I was a little leery of buying this but in the end, the amazing price of $6.99 was too good to pass up. I figured it was worth the risk because the same game on Steam is $19.99.

I was able to download the game within about 3-4 hours on a standard DSL connection. Installation was flawless and the game seems to be running fine on my Windows 7 system. Perhaps some of the other problems that others have noted can be addressed with updates for graphic drivers etc.

This game has been well reviewed but at the $6.99 price that makes it worth 5 stars in my book.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.