Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Assassin's Creed II: Platinum Hits Edition” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
+ $4.59 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Explore the deadly, shadowed world of the assassin with new assassin Ezio
- Roam freely through the lush and dangerous world of Renaissance-era Italy
- Do whatever it takes to complete your missions in the game's all-new open world and mission structure
- Thrive in an environment rich with power, revenge and conspiracy
- Practice your assassin's art with all-new weapons and instruments created by Leonardo da Vinci
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Key Game Features:
Top Customer Reviews
- A good story mixes elements of historical fiction and a Sci-Fi epic.
- Really impressive graphics and first-rate animations, that looks just as good as games like Uncharted 2 on PS3 and Gears of War 2 on 360.
- The game world is even bigger then the last one (it really rivals games like Fallout 3) also IF taking a horse across the land still takes too long some times don't worry there are warp points now as well.
- In the first Assassin's Creed there was about 5 different mission types (chase someone, pickpocket someone, save someone from getting beat up, spy on targets, and then stealth kill, ect) in Assassin's Creed 2 there is like 15 different mission types now from all out battles, trailing a targets, beating up unfaithful husbands and lots of different types of stealth killing also all the old types in Assassins Creed 1 are here as well.
- You have a better opportunity to be a more cunning assassin now due to newer weapons, techniques, and skills.
- You can now swim, no more letting water be your foe heck you can even drive gondolas if you wanted.
- like the first title this one has great sound track too that mixes music of the era during the clam points of the game and more modern type of music during the chase points of the game.
- Some small problems from the first are still there - although they are a lot more minor now like some times roof top running (parkour) can be a tad sloppy in a tense situations and you'll get killed (small camera problems).Read more ›
If you enjoyed the first game for the great story line and graphics, but found the game play to be a little repetitive and glitchy, you should definitely like this game. Ubisoft really managed to keep everything that was brilliant from the first game while fixing most of the issues and annoyances.
The scenery is still brilliant and the characters in the cut scenes look so realistic that sometimes it felt like I was watching a movie. The voice acting is also brilliantly done; both of these aspects really help suck you into the excellent story that this game gives.
The combat system is much improved from the first game; as soon as you get DaVinci to repair your "wrist blade" contraption, you can start stabing unsuspecting guards in the neck....even more fun than it sounds.
The game starts out a little slow; you'll be beating people up a lot, but you don't get any weapons for a little while. This is all part of building a great story though, so don't give up on it too early (the blood will come).
If you didn't play the first game, you might want to rent it or at least read an story overview online. The game presents a few back story cutscenes, but if you didn't play AC1, you might feel that the story is lacking a little. It is after all a continuation from the first game.
voice acting: 10/10
Combat System: 10/10
Controls: 9/10 (Sometimes I jump up on something when it's not what I intended; however, this is what allows you to scale building and run around so fast and easily, so it's an acceptable consequence.Read more ›
The gameplay is fun and addictive. I love the open world feel to it. Combat is top-notch, has depth and is a lot of fun as well. I like the character customization which gives it an RPG feel in my opinion, the story is also interesting. Music is superb and the platforming levels really shine.
I was pleasantly surprised as this game is an easy 5 stars all around. I am glad Microsoft did this promotion or I wouldn't have even tried out this series. I plan on getting the sequels after I finish. Highly recommend it, outstanding game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game came brand new and everything was fine it's just my least favorite Assassins Creed gamePublished 3 months ago by DMP
Assassins Creed I was great. Sure it got a little old, but I enjoyed it. It was good clean fun. Alright for mature audiences only, but the only questionable bit was the violence. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Lovelysoutherngirl
I wanted to play the fun part of this game, you know as an assassin? I didn't survive the unskipable, unbelievable inane and boring, 1/2 hour long, seemingly pointless and endless... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Robert Wormley