Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on December 7, 2014
Assassin's Creed 3 continues the downward spiral began by Revelations. Why don't I like it? Here's the list:

- Boring plot (unless you're into the revolutionary history but even then I doubt you will find it exciting),
- boring and meaningless characters and events (particularly if you're not American and don't realise that you're bumping into famous people every two steps).
- The game is extremely restrictive - you have to do exactly what it tells you or you fail instantly.
- It has excessive amount of cutscenes on top of cutscenes, with short, pointless walks between them.
- Bland, almost identical cities without memorable landmarks do not help at all.
- Dull main character with anger issues,
- Bland other characters with unclear motives.
- Uninteresting main villain.
- Only slightly more interesting almost-main-villain popping every now and then.
- Unskippable prologue that is interesting yet WAY TOO LONG (around 3 hours of gameplay!!!) and even a nice plot twist cannot save it.
- Then you are forced to play through a mandatory tutorial where you are a younger version of the protagonist and learn to use useless stuff that you will probably do your best toavoid later in the game because there is absolutely no point in doing it.
- The only thing that is remotely interesting is the sailing part, but even there the novelty wears off fast.
- The technical side is also quite bad - the game is badly optimised for PC. Playable, but sometimes just barely.

I really wanted to finish this game because I enjoyed the first few AC games (although Revelations was a struggle at times). Yet this one... Ugh.

To be completely honest, somewhere close to the third act of the game I gave up. I was still mildly interested in how it ends so I watched the cinematics on YouTube (and yeah, they were disappointing and anticlimactic, glad I didn't waste more time on the actual game!).

The plot doesn't really move the Assassin's vs Templar plot that much and there are no memorable moments whatsoever, with the exception of the above mentioned plot twist (once you get there - this is the pinnacle of the plot, it all goes downhill from there, so watch the rest on YT).

AVOID this game. SKIP this game. Move on to AC4 if you really want an AC game (playing it now - still not as good as AC2 or Brotherhood, but WAY better than this pile of steaming poo.
on December 22, 2013
I purchased the Steam download. First, the game is very fun and if you enjoyed Assassin's Creed 2 then you won't be disappointed.

But, I have some complains for this product itself as sold on Amazon:

1) This game has a secondary software interface called Uplay (from Ubisoft) that runs under Steam. Uplay is a terrible poorly designed mess of a program that is confusing to use. Also, each time you run the game you may have to wait while both Uplay and Steam update (there are a LOT of updates).

2) Installing the DLC and add-on packages is REALLY confusing because Steam doesn't do it automatically. What you have to do is write down all of the activation codes for the add-ons that come with the download and then type them in inside the options screen in the Assassin's creed game itself (these are the menus that come up when you press the escape key during the game).

3) For the game in general, sometimes it's confusing figuring out how to do certain things. For example, learning how to tackle someone when chasing them as opposed to killing them. There are tutorials and on-screen tips for some things, but a lot of stuff & tricks you either have to figure out on your own or seek help on the internet. I think the game needed a lot more on-screen tips.
on April 12, 2017
I've been playing the Assassin Creed games since the start and I'd have to say playing this one almost led me to giving up on the franchise. The game was so slow and cumbersome. The combat felt sloppy and the fluidity of everything was just off. That being said the ship combat was cool so there is that.
on January 3, 2013
Altogether a well made game and the multiplayer is a lot of fun, even if the controls are a bit wonky. Wish I could say I had more fun with it, I really was looking forward to this one.

There is a lot to do without a lot of explanation of why you are doing it. Actually feels like a step backwards from the previous three towards AC1 with it's repetitiveness and feeling of disconnect between what you can do in the game and the story you are being shown. Freeing portions of cities under templar control has never felt more meaningless.

Running on branches can be pretty fun. Hunting and sailing are fun until they end up feeling meaningless. There are apparently naval trade routes that performing naval missions make safer, but I don't yet understand how to use. I don't remember them being mentioned at all, actually. There are land based trade routes involving such a tedious interface that instead of taking 15 seconds to set up a trade it feels closer to five minutes.

You really need to be able to overlook these types of small issues to enjoy the game all the way through.
on July 1, 2013
I bought it on sale and must say I love this game.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the complications of the CD-Key entering process. It would have been much simpler to have a special CD key for the deluxe edition that included the season pass and everything else in it. I'm still not sure if the last CD-Key was used properly or not.

As for the game I found the story engaging and the game play smooth. There are many cases when things are a little too easy or a little too hard, but overall it is a very fun game. If you are a fan of the serious I would definitely recommend picking this one up.
on January 26, 2013
The graphics are great and the missions are amazing. It seems very historically accurate. I dislike not having the game on a disk. Because it is such a large game, the download takes a few hours. Multi player mode runs extremely well, although it does take a while to learn how to play. The game runs pretty well considering the fact that my gaming desktop is from 2006 with a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT. I like how there are missions and secondary tasks that go along with it. Very fun and very interesting, especially if you like history!!
on January 4, 2014
Too many bugs on the play. the maps doesn't show correctly the guards, the fast travel some of them doesn't work because they donut show on the map. Automatic re-spawn after killing a guard just turn my back and there it was again. Characters stay on a loot with the phases some times.

Ubisoft only cares to release game after game without proper testing and doesn't care to fix the bugs. Never again games from Ubibug.
on November 24, 2012
I will let others tell all about the greatness, the game plot, playing style, etc.

For the pc, however, i can say that it works very well, especially on gaming computers. Controlls are easy, and there is little lag when the scene gets more active.

Only negative is that to play you must be running both Steam (an annoyance ive learned to grudgingly deal with) AND UPlay, another game base like steam. Two is really excessive, just Steam should be enough.
on November 28, 2012
The game is stunningly beautiful, the characters engaging, and it all promises to be a fabulous game. That is if it wasn't super crazy buggy. There are several instances where things hang up, or they dont work just right. I cant enter the ledger because it stops seeing my keyboard and I get stuck in there.

So if you're considering buying this game for PC, do, very much do! However, I advise you to wait at least until one more patch before you do.
on August 19, 2013
Amazing story!
I love the Connor story, but I wish it pulled me in more like it did with Ezio. Maybe it's the fact that Connor doesn't have several games like Ezio so you could get attached, but I still love his character! Gameplay is amazing! Great graphics and really good DLC. If you buy this game, you HAVE to buy the DLC or the Deluxe Edition. Overall 5/5 stars!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.