Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on October 30, 2013
Black flag is a gem. I've always been a fan of the assassin's creed serious but I am by no means the type of person who will say the games are perfect, they each have their little flaws. Like AC3 was a good game but there was definitely something lacking to it. the frontier was a great change of pace how ever and in black flag they really push the combo of classic AC rooftop freerunning with the newer nature freerun stuff and it works amazingly. First off the technical problems present in the last game (like sometimes conner just wouldn't climb stuff that we know full well he can climb, or he'll just weirdly stumble to the side off a branch) are pretty much gone. There are some texture problems with the graphics every now and then but everything runs really solid.

One problem-they attempted to make the fighting harder because so many people complained it was to easy. Now some of the tougher baddies are almost impossible to hit unless you get into a really good combo, meaning you have to just run away sometimes.

I personally love the new present day plotline featuring you as the main character. Bold move breaking the fourth wall but it creates a unique experience that that I have been digging I must say

And the companion app works great on ipad for marking new waypoints, and for sending out ships from your fleet. Really makes things so much easier not to have to go into the pause menu every time you want to see the map, and waypoints you mark on the tablet map come up in your game immediately! I know this seems simple but, Im honestly blown away that this is thing.

On to the special edition itself.

Statue is sick. Comes with actual little rope that you put on yourself, so know how to tie an okay knot. Really nice details in his robe and the flag/wooden mast

Art book is sweet. A bit small (same size as an average dvd/ 360 game case) but its got some really great concept art that according to my understanding is not in the titan books art of AC IV. Seriously I love this art though, its mostly this cool impressionist stuff of the cities, islands, and boats. Not terribly big at 80 pages but its a good number of sweet pictures to feed your eyeballs as you rest them from so much pirating.

The flag is also pretty awesome, I was expecting it to be printed on the flag but the symbol is actually embroidered on that bad boy. See how its starting to make sense why its so expensive? haha

The soundtrack is amazing (the likes of which AC hasn't seen since the second game) both in the game and on the CD. The CD does not come in a little paper thing as it kinda looks in the picture but instead has its own spot in the steelbook game case, which is quite convenient since paper is no proper home for such awesome music.

The game itself comes in the steelbook, both discs are on the right with the soundtrack cd being on the left under the instructions.

All in all I've gotta say if youre an AC fan or a pirate fan (or both!) this set is actually worth the money for the quality and amount of stuff you get. And this is coming from a guy who usually waits until a game has dropped under thirty bucks to even think about buying it so yeah I'd say im a pretty hard sell.
on December 8, 2013
I really liked the amount of stuff that was packaged in. The only draw back is that the figure for Edward is messed up. The base of the mast is not properly sized so the flag won't go into the base. I have contacted Ubisoft about it and they are awaiting replacement shipments.

*UPDATE* Turns out the base of the flag is supposed to have one side of the inner ring to the outer ring so you really have to shove the mast in there. It would have been nice if they had better instructions
on May 28, 2017
Cool
on April 24, 2017
My favorite AC title as well as one of my favorite games of all time. The collectors edition is worth the price just in the statue alone, my only reason for not giving more stars is that the hand holding the sword and the sword itself arrived broken.
on February 24, 2014
Even if you're not a fan of the Assassin Creed series (like me), this is an amazing bundle. The sizes were described, but they seem so much bigger in real life: The figurine is well crafted with excellent detail and the flag is much larger than I imagined (also a little less sturdy, but it makes a great decoration indoors; I wouldn't recommend its use outdoors). The metal case with the 360 game has a lovely sheen to it and also makes a lovely room decoration when placed upright. I am well pleased with this order and would easily recommend it to any pirate fan.
on July 15, 2014
Great deal for what you get($50). Very fun game, a little slow at first though. This set makes an awesome gift!
on February 7, 2014
great game great collectors edition.
the statue is good quality and the flag looks amazing cant really complain about this collectors edition.
on December 10, 2013
This game fits into my collection of the series of games. I like playing this game, duh. Well I am trying to do this review so I can stop getting reminder emails and after this 3rd submission I hope it sticks
on December 11, 2013
Amazon had the best price I was able to find since the Limited Edition set was released. I was one happy momma
on December 4, 2013
Compared with the previous limited edition of Assassin's Creed this one is the best in my opinion. The figure is very impressive and the most dynamic out of all the AC:LE releases.

The game itself was very enjoyable. It evolved a bit on the introduction of ships in 3 and added interesting alternative gameplay.