Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SAM 2013 Assessment, Training, and Projects v1.0 Multi-Term Printed Access Card
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

on January 26, 2014
Purchased this card for a college class and was represented as NEW. When I went to use it I found it was a used card with someone else's access code and email. Had to go out and find a new card at a bookstore in town. Got it for $30 less at the bookstore. Now I have to go through the trouble of returning it. Poor quality control somewhere behind this purchase.
on May 12, 2014
Be very careful when ordering this. I ordered it as NEW from AMAZON. When I went to use the code, it was already in use. So now I have to return the card and get a replacement shipped.
on October 25, 2014
I bought this through my local campus bookstore, since surprisingly it was a small amount cheaper than amazon.
But let me tell you this the interface that cengage provides is AWFUL! Seriously there are numerous hotkeys and optimized methods for doing things in office, and the developer of this flash based office training doesn't like any of it. Did you just double click on a picture you were trying to insert from a file? HAHA nope you did it wrong, click once on the file then click open. This is good for those who have LITERALLY NO EXPERIENCE WITH COMPUTERS!
The biggest thing for me though, since it is a flash based system no matter how you resize the window it doesn't actually resize the flash program inside, it stays in 720p resolution, meaning if you have a 1080p monitor have fun squinting trying to read the font. If you have any knowledge outside of the bare minimum, by the end of this course you will be filled with nothing but hatred towards the people who gave the flash based portions of this product a green light.
on June 19, 2015
This software is sub-par in so many ways. It's a total ripoff. The training is painstakingly long, simple and redundant. The assessments are very temperamental and not educational. For example, they may show you a few different methods how to do something. In the test, you complete the task in various ways, but it wasn't the way they wanted, and never specified, so you get a zero. Just a small example or a horrible software, used as a crutch by professors. This software was 44% of the final grade of my class, and half the class was spent wasting precious life on this garbage.
I don't understand how this company is in business. I learned nothing that I didn't already know. The textbook, Computer Concepts 2014, that came with it did actually have some good reference material in it, but because of this GOD AWFUL software, you have to buy it new. Well played sales team, you robbed a lot of broke college kids out of money and an education. Obviously, any professor that assigns this knows nothing of it. If your class requires it, just drop it while you can and put your focus elsewhere until you can retake the class when it's assigned with better material.
on February 11, 2014
You can get the same code with the Office 2013: Introductory eBook for $20 more. Called Cengage about doing an upgrade which was offered when I signed in for the first time to get the book, called Cengage to get it, notification was removed the next day.

Make sure you verify the ISBN!
on July 5, 2014
Firstly, revolves around Microsoft Office 2010 (where most businesses are already upgrading to the next software). Not a big deal, but still, I have to bounce between both versions and it's honestly pointless to learn an old system. Minor complaint but it gets worse.

The real insanity starts when your taking the training modules. Each module is in excess of 70+ lessons, which are mindbogglingly boring. I had a few "Aha!" moments of "Wow that was kinda neat", but seriously, how many times are you going to need to insert strings of Word macros into a document?

When they're not boring you with mundane tasks, your churning through dozens of modules regarding these macros or functions. The majority of which you won't need and should you need them, an F1 search will enlighten you. Seriously, there's a library function button which holds your hand through the process. I don't need to manually things other then basic arithmetic.

The testing is the next laughable portion. Everything is testable and should you deviate slightly from how they taught it (clicking in a box verses pressing TAB to get to the next box) you're wrong. Certain modules don't even work in certain browsers.

Care to know how I finally found that out?

I had to find a Youtube video explaining I should use Firefox with the modules.

I couldn't get anything from tech support since filing a claim is basically a broken and incompetent system at best.

Honestly, it baffles me how higher institutions laud themselves as being centers for higher learning when this piece of trash software is what they're using.

If your in an online course which wants you to buy this, consider taking a lecture version in lieu of having to use this. Or just test out of it.

I can honestly say I've played the college game and taken classes which turned out to be very enlightening from what I first thought they would be.

This, however, was not one of them.
on August 26, 2015
I cannot speak for the program itself since I am just getting started with my class, but I just wanted to say that I had no issues whatsoever with the access code. I was really hesitant to get this after reading the issues everyone had with their codes but I got down to the wire and knew I couldn't be able to physically go to my local campus bookstore. It worked just as expected!

Additionally, I am using this code with this book:

I really enjoy Amazon rentals - I ended up still saving over $20 on buying the access code here, and using Amazon's textbook rental service combined.
on January 29, 2014
Got the wrong SAM 2013 codes for my Excel class from the seller. Different ISBN from what was advertised. Got lucky enough, because my professor was able to exchange my code to the right one through Cengage publisher. Otherwise would have to go through a hustle of returning and exchanging the product.
on June 8, 2016
I'm in an Intro to Computer Applications class which means introduction to Microsoft Office class. I have to take this class for the purpose of degree requirements and I've used Microsoft Office for as long as I can possibly remember while in the military. First, I can't imagine how a student using a 13" laptop screen can use this, I have issues seeing the picture examples with a 17" laptop screen. Instead of blowing up the pictures full screen, you get about a 1% size increase with the picture in one half of the screen and the text from the book on the other half. I ended up saving the image onto desktop and zooming in. Secondly and probably most importantly, other users have said, they show you different ways to accomplish a task but then penalize you when you don't accomplish something the way that they want you to do it. I know that this book and class are for first time Office users but for God's sake, take in account that some people are in this class because they have to take it and may have a background using Office. I've done all of the Word projects and I'm currently doing the 2nd Excel project and every project that I've done has been a carbon copy of what the book says the final product is supposed to look like yet on everyone I've had to go back and redo something exactly the way the book said to do it to get credit for it. At the end of the day, I can imagine that this is all by design to make you spend the 199.00 for the hardback textbook though. Also, mysteriously the Feedback link in the textbook fails to do anything. All I know is that I'm sitting here with a completed Excel spreadsheet exactly like they want it and I'm ready to beat my head against the wall.
on June 9, 2015
I didn't actually buy it on Amazon, this is just a review on the product itself.

I had to get SAM Access for one of my classes, and it freaking SUCKS. It's poorly designed and the assignments run off Flash and runs very very very slow. I'm talking about 5-10 second delay on every question and there are like 50 questions per exercise. I couldn't access some of my exams because the previous required assignments to access them were too buggy/laggy to complete.

It is EXTREMELY buggy and I'm pretty sure a 10 year old could design this better. I spent 120$ on this because it was required for a class. WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME, just drop your course if this is required because this program is a piece of crap and you will be learning more about how NOT to design an application than learning about Microsoft Access.

Also tech support didn't even work for me either, as soon as I hit send it threw a server exception.

Application and site are poorly written. Avoid avoid avoid!