Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 22, 2006 8:03:33 AM PST
emceemk says:
I've read the customer reviews of this book, and it seems that the underlying points of view (experiences, biases, assumptions, and some presumably objective evidence) largely color the assessment of the author's argument.
I don't fault these reviewers for their critiques one way or the other; they offer some supportive argument for their opinion and are clear in their elocution. But I'd ask, in the interest of balance, that each step into the other's shoes for a while, and try to gain some experience (rather than a mere presumption) of the other side of the mind/brain argument; in short, more rationalists need to meditate, and more meditators need to understand the basic concepts and some related vocabulary of the scientific method. Open minds here, gentlemen, or the effort is useless. And I'm not talking about a gedanken experiment.
But my bet is that people would rather keep their cherished opinions than test them in such a fashion. How convenient.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 22, 2006
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mystical Mind (Theology and the Sciences) (Theology & the Sciences)
Mystical Mind (Theology and the Sciences) (Theology & the Sciences) by Eugene G. D'Aquili (Paperback - August 1, 1999)
3.9 out of 5 stars (14)