Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 17, 2013
I can't rate the plan itself as I haven't used it (I haven't even received the merchandise I purchased it for yet) but when I received the plan conditions via email, the contract terms do NOT support what I thought I had purchased. In fact, there is an all-cap exclusion in the contract for accidental damage. In the "Protection Summary" under "What Isn't Covered", "Accidental Damage" is item #2. Admittedly, it does say there "Unless Accidental Coverage Benefit is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged..." But I have nothing in writing that reassures me that what I paid for is what I will get if my camera is damaged. Where is the expected written proof from Assurant that I have an Accidental Protection plan with them?

I called Assurant and did get a very nice attendant on the phone (hence the 3 Stars--giving them the benefit of the doubt here since I haven't yet actually used their service but the customer service for my question was very good). She said she has gotten calls on this before, that it is confusing since they have many different plans, but she has my account listed in their computer as one that has accidental coverage. It still bothered me that the contract and email sent to me has no wording other than "2 year protection plan" which just sounds like simply an extended warranty, which is not what I intended to purchase. I don't want to seem un-trusting, but I told her it would be reassuring to me if they could send me something confirming that I bought what I thought I bought. She promised to send me an email confirming I have Accidental Damage coverage so it seems that is the best I can hope for.

I wanted to make this comment here to hopefully either save other people from a "Huh? What the..?" experience and also to encourage the company, and Amazon, to make their contract terms more specific to the actual plan being purchased.
33 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2014
I thought I was buying accidental protection as it says, but when I went back and read the details it seemed clear that this was not what I bought. I contacted the company, and sure enough, it does not cover accidental drops.
11 comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2016
What a scam. It says right on the advertisement that it's covered from day one. Nope. I tried to file a claim for a mini video camera last year and was denied. Said it was still within the manufacturer warranty first-year period, so to try with them and check back with Assurant if there was a problem. I'm busy, so I didn't get around to it. After the first-year period, I attempted to file a claim again. Now they tell me it's a pre-existing condition, which is not covered. It hasn't been covered since then, which they never told me, yet I'm still paying for it! They would require an invoice proving it's been repaired for the original problem before they would resume coverage. So *no* coverage! So I ask for a refund as of last year, when they stopped providing coverage. They tell me too bad, they can only cancel it now. Anyone disagree that this is a complete scam?
on January 8, 2014
Called to get help w/ camera that did not work for downloading to PC. Assurant rep said coverage did not start until Manufacture warranty expires. Protection plan advertising states coverage started when I got the camera. Very ambiguous.
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 8, 2016
They will try everything possible to get out of fixing your product. Customer service needs to up their game if they want to stay in business, I bought this for assurance, but contrary to their brand name, my assurance was in vain. I didn't have the time to call manufacturer when it was broken because it broke down a week before manufacturing warranty ended, so I called them and was honest about it, I didn't have the time to call, so now I'm calling them to see what can be done. So they said, oh there's nothing they can so since it broke down during manufacturer's warranty and not theirs. I could've lied and told them anything they needed to hear, but apparently you can't be honest without getting ripped off. I'd give them 0 stars if I could.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 7, 2017
Bought this plan for a Lightdow LD6000 camera. Literally as soon as I took the camera out of the box and walked outside, I dropped the camera lens down on the sidewalk, scratching the lens and putting a large black dot in any recorded footage.

Used the protection plan and got a full refund, which I used to replace the camera with the same model. Thank you!
on June 17, 2014
Never used this company before so I thought I'd give them a try for the Camcorder I purchased for my Granddaughter. The disc that came with the Camcorder was broken when we open the box. Contacted the company we bought it from they were no help. Called Assurant Solutions and they said we had to call the manufacture. Did that with know response. Called them back and they said there was nothing they could do. I feel that they are the warranty company and they should have contacted the manufacture and got the disc for me.
on February 14, 2016
The best , you gonna make sure it includes "ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE "or DROP and SPILL coverage . No hassle claim... I dropped my camera and scratched the lens . One phone call , 4 minutes and my check was in the way , no more questions asked. I will buy it for every camera I get from now on !!!!
on April 6, 2014
Kids break things so I love having the protection plans at a very reasonable price. The shipping on these is a joke though. They don't actually ship anything to your house, but send it to your email. However, when I went to purchase my cameral, which they did send to me here in Alaska, they wouldn't let me purchase a protection plan that was going to be "sent" here. I had to send it to a stateside address for them to even let me purchase it. That is very very silly of them! If you will ship the item, don't be a dork about the protection plan!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2015
VERY disappointed. It says it's a two-year warranty but actually the first year is a manufacturer's warranty that has nothing to do with Assurant. Then the next year is only for accidental damage, not malfunctions. This is a complete waste of money!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.