Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 160 reviews
on December 17, 2013
I can't rate the plan itself as I haven't used it (I haven't even received the merchandise I purchased it for yet) but when I received the plan conditions via email, the contract terms do NOT support what I thought I had purchased. In fact, there is an all-cap exclusion in the contract for accidental damage. In the "Protection Summary" under "What Isn't Covered", "Accidental Damage" is item #2. Admittedly, it does say there "Unless Accidental Coverage Benefit is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged..." But I have nothing in writing that reassures me that what I paid for is what I will get if my camera is damaged. Where is the expected written proof from Assurant that I have an Accidental Protection plan with them?

I called Assurant and did get a very nice attendant on the phone (hence the 3 Stars--giving them the benefit of the doubt here since I haven't yet actually used their service but the customer service for my question was very good). She said she has gotten calls on this before, that it is confusing since they have many different plans, but she has my account listed in their computer as one that has accidental coverage. It still bothered me that the contract and email sent to me has no wording other than "2 year protection plan" which just sounds like simply an extended warranty, which is not what I intended to purchase. I don't want to seem un-trusting, but I told her it would be reassuring to me if they could send me something confirming that I bought what I thought I bought. She promised to send me an email confirming I have Accidental Damage coverage so it seems that is the best I can hope for.

I wanted to make this comment here to hopefully either save other people from a "Huh? What the..?" experience and also to encourage the company, and Amazon, to make their contract terms more specific to the actual plan being purchased.
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
I thought I was buying accidental protection as it says, but when I went back and read the details it seemed clear that this was not what I bought. I contacted the company, and sure enough, it does not cover accidental drops.
on February 23, 2016
What a scam. It says right on the advertisement that it's covered from day one. Nope. I tried to file a claim for a mini video camera last year and was denied. Said it was still within the manufacturer warranty first-year period, so to try with them and check back with Assurant if there was a problem. I'm busy, so I didn't get around to it. After the first-year period, I attempted to file a claim again. Now they tell me it's a pre-existing condition, which is not covered. It hasn't been covered since then, which they never told me, yet I'm still paying for it! They would require an invoice proving it's been repaired for the original problem before they would resume coverage. So *no* coverage! So I ask for a refund as of last year, when they stopped providing coverage. They tell me too bad, they can only cancel it now. Anyone disagree that this is a complete scam?
on January 20, 2014
I don't know how to use this. I received my Camera, which I love by the way! but still don't know what do make of this damage protection plan....I never received an email and I don't know how to apply it to my camera
on January 8, 2014
Called to get help w/ camera that did not work for downloading to PC. Assurant rep said coverage did not start until Manufacture warranty expires. Protection plan advertising states coverage started when I got the camera. Very ambiguous.
on April 8, 2016
They will try everything possible to get out of fixing your product. Customer service needs to up their game if they want to stay in business, I bought this for assurance, but contrary to their brand name, my assurance was in vain. I didn't have the time to call manufacturer when it was broken because it broke down a week before manufacturing warranty ended, so I called them and was honest about it, I didn't have the time to call, so now I'm calling them to see what can be done. So they said, oh there's nothing they can so since it broke down during manufacturer's warranty and not theirs. I could've lied and told them anything they needed to hear, but apparently you can't be honest without getting ripped off. I'd give them 0 stars if I could.
on June 17, 2014
Never used this company before so I thought I'd give them a try for the Camcorder I purchased for my Granddaughter. The disc that came with the Camcorder was broken when we open the box. Contacted the company we bought it from they were no help. Called Assurant Solutions and they said we had to call the manufacture. Did that with know response. Called them back and they said there was nothing they could do. I feel that they are the warranty company and they should have contacted the manufacture and got the disc for me.
on August 28, 2016
I buy this warranty for all of my higher end products. I have had to use it on a few tablets I ordered and had no issues when it came to redeeming them. They are affordable, friendly, and get back to you quickly.
on January 5, 2017
Couldn't figure out how to use this for the life of me! The camera's film gauge broke within a month but I can't figure out how to redeem this protection plan. So disappointed. This is the first time I purchased insurance for a camera and now I can't even use it. Bummed :(
on June 10, 2015
I thought I was buying a 2 year plan for AFTER my factory warranty expired. When I got the e-mail I found it was only extending the warranty for ONE year past the factory coverage. How can they advertise 2 years when they are only giving you one year?? I got my money back.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.