Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Assurant 4-Year Television Protection Plan ($300-$349.99)
Service plan term: 4|Service plan covered value: $300-350|Change
Price:$30.76+ Free shipping

on December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.
2626 comments| 422 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
The TV work fine for a year. Than the TV quit working. So I called assurance 360. After three different phone conversations with them I finally got somebody to come out to the house to look at the television. After waiting for two hours for the repair man to show up. He walked in and said it's broken (I already knew that). He took a picture of the serial number on the back of the TV (I could have done that also) and said I'll be back in touch with you. I am still waiting for his phone call. That was 6 days ago. It's been 3 1/2 weeks I have no television, nor do I know when I will have one.
One of my associates at the office went to Walmart and bought a TV last year. It quit working. He took it into Walmart and walked out with a new television. Tell me which one you would rather have. Assurance 360, where you can wait up to a month maybe or more to get your TV repaired. Or just go to Walmart and walk in and get another television?
33 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 16, 2014
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
22 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 11, 2015
Assurant hasn't shown up for the first two appointments to repair a large screen tv. the warranty is worthless.
on December 18, 2013
When I called they said there is no paperwork to process, so I have no record of the Protection Plan. I've been having many issues with Amazon vendors lately, so I just didn't have the energy to push on this one. If something goes wrong with the TV, I have no way of contacting anyone for service. MONEY WASTED.
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2015
COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND COVERS NOTHING. My 2 yr old Samsung smart TV has stopped connecting to the internet. Something is wrong with the software. I was told by Assurant they do not cover software. This is a total scam and waste of $88. It only covers if the TV stops powering on, or if something is physically wrong with the picture. In this day and age, a warranty for a smart TV that does not cover the actual "smart" part of the TV is a scam. I have a very expensive 2 yr old TV that now has to be put out in the trash. What a waste and misleading customers. Do not buy this.

Update- I contacted Assurant 2 days ago about my broken TV. They said they won't warranty the damage to it. After my begging, they agreed to send a repairman out. They scheduled an appointment for today from 12-5. I changed my work hours and plans for this appointment time. Last night at 8 pm Precision TV, a third party contractor, called trying to schedule an appt. I said I already had one and they said Assurant was "crazy" and can't schedule appointments. They promised one of their third party contractors would call me within an hour to schedule my appointment and he never did. I called Precision TV 3x today already and they said they can't control what their independent contractors do and can't help with getting my appointment. Assuring is not honoring the warranty and send everything out to a third party contractor who in turn uses his own third party contractor.
55 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2016
Trying to file a claim is worse than an audit from the IRS. My 65" started showing a shadow on the lower 1/4 of the screen. I called Assurant (Wednesday the 9th) and had to send every bit of documentation I could find just to open a ticket. Two days after reporting the issue. I was then told they would schedule a repairman within 2 days. On the third day after hearing nothing from them, I called and was told that the scheduling department was closed for the evening and that they didn't know why it wasn't already scheduled. He said he'd call me first thing the next morning. The next afternoon (Wednesday 16th), I finally get a call and was informed that the repairman only goes to my area on Thursdays and was booked up tomorrow and since the next Thursday is Thanksgiving, it would be December 1st. That's 3 weeks after reporting the issue. I was then informed that I could get the repair done, pay for it and get reimbursed but if the cost is over $150, I'd have to get preauthorization from Assurant before they would cover it. Then, I have to fax the invoice along with proof of payment and wait 4-6 weeks before I could get reimbursed. I was told that they would send the paperwork via email in the next 5 min. 3 hours later, I have received nothing. Why did I buy a protection plan? Service is horrible.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
Stay far away from Assurant, perhaps it has worked for some but for me apparently 360 Protection IS NOT full protection, they are very selective on issues they will 'cover' and having a TV that has developed defects in the screen just after the manufacturers warranty has ran out is not an acceptable meaning of being under their protection plan.
Definitely advise strongly if you have one of these "protection plans" get a refund for it fast. They refuse to honor this and try in every way to find a way out of it so when you talk to them, chat with them etc, say nothing except it just stopped working, anything else is way too much.
on January 31, 2017
My 70" Sony TV died after just 21 months of use. The screen just went black.

I called Assurance. The bottom line is this. It took over a month and 4 technician service visits, but after all that trouble and hassle they sent me a check for $1799, the cost of my television without tax and warranty fees.

So yes it worked, but it took FOREVER. Assurance finally balked at further repairs when it was determined by my fourth tech visit that a new screen would be needed. They chose a repair company that had just one technician in all of Southern Arizona. They seemed to do everything possible to avoid payout but at the end they came through.
on July 3, 2016
I bought a Samsung 51" 1080p 3D Plasma TV back on April 3, 2014 along with the Assurant 360° 5yr. Protection Plan. My Thinking was I want to protect my investment in my new TV. Seeing that major defects usually happen soon after purchase minor ones happen later on after usage.
Sure enough I was correct. About 2 years later we were watching TV and suddenly the screen got real bright, flashed real quick and went dark.
But the sound was still coming out so I thought maybe the wire came lose or something happened on my cable service providers end and the broadcasting signal was messed up. I won't bore you with all the steps taken to fix it, but I tried them all.
Only to realize that the screen was burnin hot and actually split/cracked on the right side from the edge in the middle diagonally down and to the left. Barely noticed it at first and almost missed it completely if not for a burning smell and the screen bring extremely hot.

Being out of manufacturer warranty I called Samsung just to see if there was any recall or known issuses.They didn't have any currently on my model, with my circumstances. I asked if it could be fixed or should it be considering cost of repair(if possible). The person I spoke to said probably not to both.

I then proceeded to get in touch with Assurant, but before doing so I read some of the reviews on Amazon and reread my plan.
Basically to find out that I probably would not be able to have my TV filed under my plan. BECAUSE.......

They don't cover cracked screens with the plan they advertise to you. No matter what! It's considered ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE or "AD"
Even though it was clearly not accidental that's how they classify it. You need to BUY ADDITIONAL COVERAGE AFTER THE FACT, to cover these things. Though they don't tell you until this when you're purchasing it.

So I never even bothered filing a claim because I knew how it was going to go based on what I read.

It's now 1 year later and I reciecved an email from Assurant regarding my policy and an update to it. Keep in mind it doesn't expire until 2019.
So I figured I would give it go and see if I could get my TV claimed. Well guess what, like I thought and now know for absolute certainty is that 1. Accident Damage is a separate plan
2. Cracked screens are 99.9999% NEVER covered without it, even if it's not accidental.
3. Assurant 360° Protection is more like 120° Protection at best.
4. Don't Waste Your Money, Time or Effort with Assurant.

If you don't believe me or the countless other reviews saying basically the same thing. Make sure you know exactly what you're buying and EXACTLY what is covered and what would not be and under all circumstances.
I don't trust them, I don't like them, but you are free to make up your own mind. Please just be sure you know everything you think you're getting is what you ARE getting.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.