Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 613 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 645 reviews
on December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.
2525 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2014
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2015
The TV work fine for a year. Than the TV quit working. So I called assurance 360. After three different phone conversations with them I finally got somebody to come out to the house to look at the television. After waiting for two hours for the repair man to show up. He walked in and said it's broken (I already knew that). He took a picture of the serial number on the back of the TV (I could have done that also) and said I'll be back in touch with you. I am still waiting for his phone call. That was 6 days ago. It's been 3 1/2 weeks I have no television, nor do I know when I will have one.
One of my associates at the office went to Walmart and bought a TV last year. It quit working. He took it into Walmart and walked out with a new television. Tell me which one you would rather have. Assurance 360, where you can wait up to a month maybe or more to get your TV repaired. Or just go to Walmart and walk in and get another television?
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
When I called they said there is no paperwork to process, so I have no record of the Protection Plan. I've been having many issues with Amazon vendors lately, so I just didn't have the energy to push on this one. If something goes wrong with the TV, I have no way of contacting anyone for service. MONEY WASTED.
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2015
COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND COVERS NOTHING. My 2 yr old Samsung smart TV has stopped connecting to the internet. Something is wrong with the software. I was told by Assurant they do not cover software. This is a total scam and waste of $88. It only covers if the TV stops powering on, or if something is physically wrong with the picture. In this day and age, a warranty for a smart TV that does not cover the actual "smart" part of the TV is a scam. I have a very expensive 2 yr old TV that now has to be put out in the trash. What a waste and misleading customers. Do not buy this.

Update- I contacted Assurant 2 days ago about my broken TV. They said they won't warranty the damage to it. After my begging, they agreed to send a repairman out. They scheduled an appointment for today from 12-5. I changed my work hours and plans for this appointment time. Last night at 8 pm Precision TV, a third party contractor, called trying to schedule an appt. I said I already had one and they said Assurant was "crazy" and can't schedule appointments. They promised one of their third party contractors would call me within an hour to schedule my appointment and he never did. I called Precision TV 3x today already and they said they can't control what their independent contractors do and can't help with getting my appointment. Assuring is not honoring the warranty and send everything out to a third party contractor who in turn uses his own third party contractor.
55 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2015
Assurant hasn't shown up for the first two appointments to repair a large screen tv. the warranty is worthless.
on May 26, 2016
Just tried to order service on the TV as it's not working but Assurant refused to honor the protection plan we purchased. They stated they do not cover anything other than new items and our TV is a refurbished sale. I told them page 1 of the contract's protection summary specifically states they cover used and like-new items. I also reminded them when I registered the product and uploaded a copy of the sales receipt, it clearly states the TV is refurbished. Finally, I asked them why the Assurant contract purchase is listed as available within the listing for the TV. Bottom line is they still refuse to honor the contract. I think this is blatant fraud on their part and told them as much. I further stated I think Assurant sells these protection plans intentionally gambling that nothing goes wrong with the product while under the covered period but if a claim is filed while "covered" they just refuse coverage. Anyone else experienced this issue with Assurant? I'm thinking this might be a class action lawsuit as I don't think I'm the only one they've done this to. Let me hear from you if you've experienced this problem with them.
on June 28, 2016
When I was purchasing this "insurance" plan for my Vizio TV I was absolutely sure that it covers mechanical damages as well - cause they say it right there on the page. So, recently a little accident has happened and TV screen got damaged a little. Of course, I filed a claim. Imagine my astonishment when they said that "accidental damage" is not considered "mechanical damage"! Pardon me, what kind of damage it is then if not mechanical?! Even if it is so, why is it not clearly marked on top of the page with BIG RED LETTERS? (Of course I know correct answer - you just wouldn't purchase it in that case). Why can't one figure this out until after one files a claim? In the general plan description they say something like "see terms of your particular contract if you purchased an accidental damage coverage". And - guess what? - there's no single word in the contract terms whether it is included there or not. You're just not gonna be able to figure this out from those terms. So their goal is clearly to take your money, that's it. Nothing more. Also, don't trust their bombastic speeches about their "millions of contracts sold" and "35 years experience". Those are just words, and those words are not gonna help you in case you have a problem. So don't repeat my mistake, people, don't trust them.

PS. Guys who are going to buy this - just pay attention to what reviews say. Most of the positive reviews say smth like"hope I'll not find out if it works", so they HAVEN'T actually tried to use it and thus don't have real experience (apart from couple of them). So most of positive reviews just don't give you any info apart from "I bought it". However, most of the negative reviews say "I HAVE TRIED it and they just got rid of me", so those guys (including me) DO have real experience. Kind of makes you think, huh?
on July 3, 2016
I am not gonna get into my long, frustratingly impossible task of trying to get my Samsung 50" warrantied. I'm sure most people have or understand how difficult it can be. I will tell You though, SAVE YOUR MONEY! Don't bother buying because they give you the run around in every aspect of the game. And then tell you we can't or won't warranty your product because under guidelines 34.SNAFU187.FTW statute 12 your SPECIFIC problem required this extra coverage policy or you needed to follow some absurdly extra cautious measure, that only 1 : 250k people may have needed to take to "POSSIBLY" prevent a 1:1 million defect. I bought warranties twice from them and have figured out that unless you buy the most expensive policy with all the unnecessary bells & whistles, You're throwing Your money away and wasting Your time.

Most defects are covered under the manufacturer's warranty and most offer extended coverage for reasonable fee. And in regards to my situation and televisions in general. They don't make them like they used to. So I except that and new tech is coming out all the time so replacing a TV is in my 5-10 year budget plan anyway.

These after market plans / policies are garbage and are just short of being an illegal scam. But they cover "THEIR BUTTS" with conditions, clauses and other terms that protect Them and screw You. Making it legal! MESSED UP!..... BUT, That's how they make money.

I'm not saying that they don't honor their policies, they have to by law. But just like insurance on your house... flood insurance is a separate policy and there are different levels of coverage. But if you meet the criteria of your policy and because of something that you were never told or knew about or makes any sense you aren't covered. That's a great Scam! Nice Job guys! You've got my vote! Maybe I'll start selling insurance policies too!.......... Nah, I am to honorable and honest for that.

SAVE YOUR MONEY, DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS!
on November 16, 2016
Trying to file a claim is worse than an audit from the IRS. My 65" started showing a shadow on the lower 1/4 of the screen. I called Assurant (Wednesday the 9th) and had to send every bit of documentation I could find just to open a ticket. Two days after reporting the issue. I was then told they would schedule a repairman within 2 days. On the third day after hearing nothing from them, I called and was told that the scheduling department was closed for the evening and that they didn't know why it wasn't already scheduled. He said he'd call me first thing the next morning. The next afternoon (Wednesday 16th), I finally get a call and was informed that the repairman only goes to my area on Thursdays and was booked up tomorrow and since the next Thursday is Thanksgiving, it would be December 1st. That's 3 weeks after reporting the issue. I was then informed that I could get the repair done, pay for it and get reimbursed but if the cost is over $150, I'd have to get preauthorization from Assurant before they would cover it. Then, I have to fax the invoice along with proof of payment and wait 4-6 weeks before I could get reimbursed. I was told that they would send the paperwork via email in the next 5 min. 3 hours later, I have received nothing. Why did I buy a protection plan? Service is horrible.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.