Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

Assurant 4-Year Television Protection Plan ($400-$449.99)
Service plan term: 4|Service plan covered value: $400-450|Change
Price:$44.63+ Free shipping

on December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.
387 helpful votes
388 helpful votes
2525 comments|Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
The TV work fine for a year. Than the TV quit working. So I called assurance 360. After three different phone conversations with them I finally got somebody to come out to the house to look at the television. After waiting for two hours for the repair man to show up. He walked in and said it's broken (I already knew that). He took a picture of the serial number on the back of the TV (I could have done that also) and said I'll be back in touch with you. I am still waiting for his phone call. That was 6 days ago. It's been 3 1/2 weeks I have no television, nor do I know when I will have one.
One of my associates at the office went to Walmart and bought a TV last year. It quit working. He took it into Walmart and walked out with a new television. Tell me which one you would rather have. Assurance 360, where you can wait up to a month maybe or more to get your TV repaired. Or just go to Walmart and walk in and get another television?
83 helpful votes
84 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on April 16, 2014
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
118 helpful votes
119 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 14, 2015
I purchased this warranty from Assurant to cover my Vizio flat screen that I ordered from Amazon. I received the warranty by email and registered it as required by Assurant. I recently had to make a claim with Assurant for repair/replacement of my Vizio and found it to be a little more than just a phone call. Upon making contact with the Assurant representative and confirming that I indeed had purchased the warranty, I was then advised that I would need to fax or email a copy of my receipt of purchase for the Vizio to Assurant. I was then told that I would be contacted within 2 business days to set up a time for a repair tech to come and check the Vizio. The Assurant representative was unsure as to a time frame for the actual repair appointment. So as I sit and wait for Assurant to call, I am writing this review. I decided to check the warranty paperwork from Assurant and could not find anything stating that the purchase had to be receipt verified or that the problem could not be resolved with a phone call and a repair tech being dispatched then. So be aware before purchasing this plan that more than a phone call will be required. I will update this review after I hear back from Assurant( within 2 business days) and let you know how the repair/replacement side works out.
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on March 17, 2016
The company did what it was meant to do. It took care of my tv which stopped working in less than a year. They responded very quickly.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
on June 4, 2015
My 48" Samsung flat screen TV suffered a power surge that busted the screen on one side ( looked like a multi colored bar code running top to bottom ion one isolated section. The Samsung coverage did not cover power surges and neither did this additional coverage. They also would not cover any impact damage as most will not. So in 6 months I bought and lost a $900 TV due to an issue out of my control and even though I was insurrance poor on this device, it did not matter.
I have since replace the TV through a local appalince dealer and they offer full coverage for damage caused by power surges.
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
on July 11, 2016
Huge let down. I've filed 3 claims since April, and have yet to hear back. I can't use my tv, because they won't get back to me on fixing it. This was a total waste of money
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on April 4, 2017
So after reading all the bad reviews, I thought we were doomed! We bought a 60" television on May 16th,2015 and the sound started popping and then went completely out in March 2017. I called Assurant thinking I would get the run around. Pleasantly surprised though! They were very friendly and knowledgeable. We did not have any repairmen that were on their list close to where we live. The closest was 4 hours away and only came to this area once a month. So they gave me a $150.00 preapproval to have a local audio store diagnose the problem. The audio store gentleman showed up and reached the conclusion it could not be repaired. We then called Assurant and told them it couldn't be repaired and after a brief one day wait Assurant emailed me and told me we would be refunded the full cost of the television. I received the check today!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
Update 2017-02-11: Bumping from 2 stars to 3 stars. Still a disappointing experience as I no longer have extended coverage for my new TV, but my prorated refund from Assurant was 90% of the purchase amount (when I wrote the original review on 2017-02-06, the agent was unable to tell me what my refund would be, adding to my frustration over this whole matter).

------------------------------------

After 4 months, my TV proved to be defective - the screen was separating from its frame at top center. Vizio offered me a replacement with a Re-Certified unit. I called Assurant to make sure I could swap out the serial numbers and found that they will not cover a Re-Certified unit and I would need to request a refund for my purchase of their protection plan. Disappointing but even further, the refund is prorated. A) I only need to cancel because they won't cover the only replacement option provided by the TV manufacturer. B) Coverage hadn't begun yet as it kicks in after the manufacturer warranty expires in one year. I couldn't even keep the defective TV to file an Assurant claim later as it would be a pre-existing condition. A situation that left me with limited options. I accepted the replacement TV and canceled my Assurant policy. Since my options were: 1) get no further service from Assurant and no refund, or 2) get no further service from Assurant and a prorated refund, I am getting a prorated refund. Very disappointing.
1 helpful vote
2 helpful votes
on November 28, 2016
I ordered this product and received an email promptly asking me to register. It wouldnt let me register or create an account. I tried a few times before finally contacting support. They said that no one can create new accounts at the moment due to 'server errors'. So I waited. Its now been 5days since I got the registration email and STILL cannot register or create account for this product.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.