Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Assurant 4-Year Television Protection Plan ($500-$599.99)
Service plan term: 4|Service plan covered value: $500-600|Change
Price:$53.56+ Free shipping

on December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.
2626 comments| 401 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
The TV work fine for a year. Than the TV quit working. So I called assurance 360. After three different phone conversations with them I finally got somebody to come out to the house to look at the television. After waiting for two hours for the repair man to show up. He walked in and said it's broken (I already knew that). He took a picture of the serial number on the back of the TV (I could have done that also) and said I'll be back in touch with you. I am still waiting for his phone call. That was 6 days ago. It's been 3 1/2 weeks I have no television, nor do I know when I will have one.
One of my associates at the office went to Walmart and bought a TV last year. It quit working. He took it into Walmart and walked out with a new television. Tell me which one you would rather have. Assurance 360, where you can wait up to a month maybe or more to get your TV repaired. Or just go to Walmart and walk in and get another television?
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 16, 2014
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2014
Going forward, if I have a choice between Assurant and Square Trade, I would choose Square Trade every time because:
1) Web application is much more developed and much more user-friendly
2) Registration of plans is much easier
3) Tech support is available from knowledgeable associates
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2017
I bought a TV from Amazon in January, 2014. (65" Vizio) Because of the price, I purchased the extended service agreement from Assurant (also from Amazon). Three weeks ago (November, 2017) My TV stopped working. I called Assurant to start a claim for my almost 4 year old TV. Long story short, everything about the claim process was smooth and efficient. After determining that the TV was irreparable, Assurant sent me a check for the full amount of my purchase price in 5 days. I was so pleased that I had to do this review. If you Google the company "Assurant", they are a huge insurance company that apparently stand behind their promise. They even sent out a separate check for the TV repairman who did the in-home diagnosis.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
Update 2017-02-11: Bumping from 2 stars to 3 stars. Still a disappointing experience as I no longer have extended coverage for my new TV, but my prorated refund from Assurant was 90% of the purchase amount (when I wrote the original review on 2017-02-06, the agent was unable to tell me what my refund would be, adding to my frustration over this whole matter).

------------------------------------

After 4 months, my TV proved to be defective - the screen was separating from its frame at top center. Vizio offered me a replacement with a Re-Certified unit. I called Assurant to make sure I could swap out the serial numbers and found that they will not cover a Re-Certified unit and I would need to request a refund for my purchase of their protection plan. Disappointing but even further, the refund is prorated. A) I only need to cancel because they won't cover the only replacement option provided by the TV manufacturer. B) Coverage hadn't begun yet as it kicks in after the manufacturer warranty expires in one year. I couldn't even keep the defective TV to file an Assurant claim later as it would be a pre-existing condition. A situation that left me with limited options. I accepted the replacement TV and canceled my Assurant policy. Since my options were: 1) get no further service from Assurant and no refund, or 2) get no further service from Assurant and a prorated refund, I am getting a prorated refund. Very disappointing.
on June 12, 2016
Bought a 5 yr protection plan back in 2013 for 47" Ocosmo tv. My tv died last month. Assistant contracted out a local company to fix my tv. Local company couldn't find main board for my off brand tv so after working with both the repair people and warranty people they decided to cut me a check. Not sure what all the bad reviews are for, everyone I spoke to from assurant was very kind and more than willing to help. I'm 130% happy I bought this warranty. If I did not I'd be out a tv. I'm actually buying new tv tonight and will buy another warranty.
on November 7, 2016
Lying, thieving, pyramid scheme. 360degrees is how hot it's going to be where the people who run Assurant Protection Plans are going. Claimed to cover "mechanical and electrical failure (are covered) after the manufacturer’s warranty expires". Go stick a fork in a light socket.
on April 5, 2016
DONT EVER USE THIS WARRANTY. YOU WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. THEY LIE WHEN THEY CANCEL YOUR WARRANTY.
on December 30, 2016
They will quickly help you and covered my repair but their repairman was not vetted well. He didn't want to travel 12 miles to my house, took the tv with him and kept it over a week because he wasn't going to be in my area to return it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.