Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Assurant 5-Year Television Protection Plan ($500-$599.99)
Service plan term: 5|Service plan covered value: $500-600|Change
Price:$71.86+ Free shipping

on December 9, 2014
I had purchased a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D Smart TV for Thanksgiving 2013 ( Order Placed: November 26, 2013) exactly and purchased the Assurant 360 5 year plan on the same day. As luck would have had it the TV started developing black patches at the bottom of the screen. I reached out to Samsung on Dec 1st to report the issue and they advised there was a panel gone bad and said this was out of warranty( missed out by 4 days). I reached out to Assurant to lodge a claim for repair on Dec1st, they were unable to save my information (model and serial number) due to some technical issues on their side and said it would take 2 days to record the complaint. I called them again on Dec 3rd to update my information. I was asked to send out a sales receipt confirming the purchase which was sent to them. They setup an technician appointment for Dec 8th. The technician rescheduled the appointment to Dec6th as he had time to service over the weekend.

The technician diagnosed the issue and said the panel went bad (same as samsung) and said he would send his recommendations to Assurant and they would contact in two business days. Today I reached out to Assurant and I was told that the claim was denied as this issue was reported to Samsung in the warranty period and that I have to reach out to them to get service. I tried to explain that is the not the case and that I contacted Samsung only after the warranty had expired. I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to one, he basically said the same thing over and over - this is a preexisting condition and samsung was contacted within warranty period and hence the claim is denied. I tried to explain if Samsung was contacted in the warranty period and they lodged a complaint why would I file a claim with Assurant - the answer is your claim is denied because its a pre-existing condition. Despite repeated explanation that this was not the case the answer is the same. Request for a Manager was denied saying he has multiple managers and he cannot give out information.

I am exploring options to file a claim against this company in small courts as other options, I have proof from Samsung that the contact with them was after the warranty period.

Bottomline, this company is a ripoff and extremely bad customer service. I am not sure who are those folks who are rating this at 5 stars, I would give this a 0 star.
2626 comments| 412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
The TV work fine for a year. Than the TV quit working. So I called assurance 360. After three different phone conversations with them I finally got somebody to come out to the house to look at the television. After waiting for two hours for the repair man to show up. He walked in and said it's broken (I already knew that). He took a picture of the serial number on the back of the TV (I could have done that also) and said I'll be back in touch with you. I am still waiting for his phone call. That was 6 days ago. It's been 3 1/2 weeks I have no television, nor do I know when I will have one.
One of my associates at the office went to Walmart and bought a TV last year. It quit working. He took it into Walmart and walked out with a new television. Tell me which one you would rather have. Assurance 360, where you can wait up to a month maybe or more to get your TV repaired. Or just go to Walmart and walk in and get another television?
33 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 16, 2014
Cannot register policy and even harder to reach company. When you do, hey just say to wait and re-register. They cannot register on phone. Gives me no confidence the insurance would even work at all
22 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2015
COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND COVERS NOTHING. My 2 yr old Samsung smart TV has stopped connecting to the internet. Something is wrong with the software. I was told by Assurant they do not cover software. This is a total scam and waste of $88. It only covers if the TV stops powering on, or if something is physically wrong with the picture. In this day and age, a warranty for a smart TV that does not cover the actual "smart" part of the TV is a scam. I have a very expensive 2 yr old TV that now has to be put out in the trash. What a waste and misleading customers. Do not buy this.

Update- I contacted Assurant 2 days ago about my broken TV. They said they won't warranty the damage to it. After my begging, they agreed to send a repairman out. They scheduled an appointment for today from 12-5. I changed my work hours and plans for this appointment time. Last night at 8 pm Precision TV, a third party contractor, called trying to schedule an appt. I said I already had one and they said Assurant was "crazy" and can't schedule appointments. They promised one of their third party contractors would call me within an hour to schedule my appointment and he never did. I called Precision TV 3x today already and they said they can't control what their independent contractors do and can't help with getting my appointment. Assuring is not honoring the warranty and send everything out to a third party contractor who in turn uses his own third party contractor.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
Stay far away from Assurant, perhaps it has worked for some but for me apparently 360 Protection IS NOT full protection, they are very selective on issues they will 'cover' and having a TV that has developed defects in the screen just after the manufacturers warranty has ran out is not an acceptable meaning of being under their protection plan.
Definitely advise strongly if you have one of these "protection plans" get a refund for it fast. They refuse to honor this and try in every way to find a way out of it so when you talk to them, chat with them etc, say nothing except it just stopped working, anything else is way too much.
on January 31, 2017
My 70" Sony TV died after just 21 months of use. The screen just went black.

I called Assurance. The bottom line is this. It took over a month and 4 technician service visits, but after all that trouble and hassle they sent me a check for $1799, the cost of my television without tax and warranty fees.

So yes it worked, but it took FOREVER. Assurance finally balked at further repairs when it was determined by my fourth tech visit that a new screen would be needed. They chose a repair company that had just one technician in all of Southern Arizona. They seemed to do everything possible to avoid payout but at the end they came through.
on April 6, 2017
If there was a zero on the Assurant Protection Plan, that's what I would given them. My Vizio TV went bad, so I called them. They told me there was no one in my area, that worked on this type of TV. So they said, I would have to find someone myself to work on it. The closest one I could find was 164 miles round trip. I hope other customers have had better luck than I did. Disabled Vet, Ron Crawford. PS, I have been watching this TV with a dark line running through the center of the TV.
on September 9, 2014
Going forward, if I have a choice between Assurant and Square Trade, I would choose Square Trade every time because:
1) Web application is much more developed and much more user-friendly
2) Registration of plans is much easier
3) Tech support is available from knowledgeable associates
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2016
Bought a 5 yr protection plan back in 2013 for 47" Ocosmo tv. My tv died last month. Assistant contracted out a local company to fix my tv. Local company couldn't find main board for my off brand tv so after working with both the repair people and warranty people they decided to cut me a check. Not sure what all the bad reviews are for, everyone I spoke to from assurant was very kind and more than willing to help. I'm 130% happy I bought this warranty. If I did not I'd be out a tv. I'm actually buying new tv tonight and will buy another warranty.
on November 22, 2017
I bought a TV from Amazon in January, 2014. (65" Vizio) Because of the price, I purchased the extended service agreement from Assurant (also from Amazon). Three weeks ago (November, 2017) My TV stopped working. I called Assurant to start a claim for my almost 4 year old TV. Long story short, everything about the claim process was smooth and efficient. After determining that the TV was irreparable, Assurant sent me a check for the full amount of my purchase price in 5 days. I was so pleased that I had to do this review. If you Google the company "Assurant", they are a huge insurance company that apparently stand behind their promise. They even sent out a separate check for the TV repairman who did the in-home diagnosis.