Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on June 18, 2010
We decided to buy a surveillance camera after my mom's car kept getting vandalized and flat tires. We didn't have much money. and after looking here on Amazon. This camera seemed like the best choice..

The package came with the camera, an 100 foot cable,and manual..The picture quality is very very good for a $40 camera. The picture is very clear during the day. and still pretty good during nighttime. You just need to angle the camera right. We took the spring off of our window and left the window open a crack so we can point the camera facing outside towards our car. With the spring in the way nothing was visible. which was a disappointment

Another disappointment was that the camera isn't very discreet. I thought,yeah it looks a little big,but we can probably hide it pretty well. We can hide it pretty well,but red little lights shine off of it(they're on the lens). This can be kind of obvious especially at night time.

The good this is you can connect the camera into any TV with RCA inputs. Or you can do it the way I do and plug it into a capture card and record onto your computer.The cheapest capture card your can get is $9 off of ebay. I recommend this setup for anyone low on cash & looking for a surveillance camera.

Easy cap comes with recording software for your computer.First install the easy cap on to your computer. After, plug the camera's output cables into the easy cap and record. We do this over night. you can set the video quality to be good or a lower resolution (to save up computer space since the files are big). We then look through the videos the next day and delete them off of our computer.

The mic on the cam works good. But I can't really say much else about it. Easy cap doesn't capture the sound well. that seems to be the worst down side to it.

Decent camera for 40 dollars.

If I ever get a chance to. I will upload video quality of the camera so you all can get a look.

4 out 5 stars
on July 1, 2015
awesome little cam, very small size, I was expecting it to be bigger, but, it works well for my purposes. clear picture, the color is a little off at times, but that doesn't bother me much. night vision rocks, black and white and sees about 35 feet. hooked this baby up in like 5 minutes. upon further use of the camera, I have noticed that the night vision is very short ranged, not 35 feet after all sorry. getting an image at more like 12 to 15 feet in total darkness, its cool though I have lights and when I need to see more I just hit the lights. the audio on this camera is really cool, I wasn't expecting it to work at all really and I am pleasantly surprised at how much the mic picks up. the channel that shows the street and my neighbors with audio is quickly becoming my favorite one to watch. real reality television
on January 7, 2016
I have used Astak cameras now for several years and they work great if you use them under some sort of porch away from the rain. Night vision works great for this little camera no issues here. If exposed to rain they will last a long time but you will get bad water fogged inside, the longevity of them is about 4-7 years depending if you keep it away from water. Keep connections protected with plastic spray or tape them really well and you should be good. The housing of the camera will decay which is aluminum but that is much expected because again it happens if exposed to rain and after several years of use. (Basically by then it paid itself).
on May 21, 2012
First camera received had a poor power connection and would go dead intermittently. As usual, Amazon returns backed the exchange with expert efficiency. The replacement camera worked well, for what it is.

You should know that, in order to accommodate night / low light the lens and electronics shifts the picture toward the infrared range which makes certain colors, especially green, look off color (almost silver). That being said, don't expect movie camera colors.

Also, it is a moderate telephoto lens set-up so don't expect a wide-angle presentation because it does not do it. As an example, I placed the camera 30ft away from my house with the left hand edge of the camera picture on my front door. My porch extends from the front door for 9 feet where the top of the driveway begins. My hope was, with the door on the left side of the frame the right side of the picture frame would capture the front of the driveway. No such luck... the frame only captured the front door and to the right for 9 feet (as I say, from 30 feet away).

Being hard-wired, this unit is free from RF interference so the picture is free of interference, as they say.

I will keep this unit to view the back of my house (small elevated porch) but can't use it for the front because of the narrow field of view issue. If you just want to see who's at the front door, you will probably be ok (unless you want movie camera quality pictures).
on June 17, 2014
I bought this camera so I could keep an eye on my drive. It does this with complete clarity. If you like to sit back in your recliner and relax you have to get tired to running to "look out" every time the dog barks or you hear something. This camera provides a lot of rest. I have 2 wireless cameras on the same system but they are subject to interference. This "wired" camera comes with 100 feet of light cable making it possible to put it almost anywhere. I am completely satisfied with this product and have already made plans to install another one.
on March 10, 2017
My old camera started working again so I haven't used this, but I checked it out and it's a nice camera.
on June 26, 2014
I'm a paranormal investigator with Virginia Paranormal Investigations and I bought a few of these cameras to use for paranormal research. I have to say we are all impressed with the job these have done so far. The picture quality is excellent and the night vision is perfect for the rooms we have used them in. We placed one in an attic and we could clearly see the whole room in pitch black. Also the cord that comes with it is plenty. We were able to run theses cameras to the furthest room in a plantation house. I would recommend these, especially because the wired cameras work better than wireless for paranormal investigations.
on June 10, 2015
This is a great camera for the money!! I replaced my broken Svat with this model and my only complaint is they could have made the wired plugs coming from the camera itself a little longer,it would make for an easier installation.This comes with everything you need,plug and play,the hardest part is routing your cable to the tv or monitor in whitch you are going to view the camera. I would buy this again no questions ask!! Now I wait to see the longevity of this unit outdoors!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2015
I've had many SEC cams and I am very impressed with this one. You can't beat it for the price and everything you need is in one package. The night-vision is true night 🌃 vision and is very good for only having 12 IR's. I've only had it going for several day's so I will write 📝 an update in the next 30 day's or sooner depending on performance of Cam.
on March 18, 2015
This is a pretty good camera for the price. The night vision is rather good up to about 35-40 feet. It doesn't have a very wide angle of view but if you want it facing towards a single point, say your front door, then this is perfect. The audio quality seems to be pretty good too. If you don't have a very large area to cover then this is a good choice for this price range.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.