Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,690 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,966 reviews
on January 24, 2012
2020 comments| 1,249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2011
I first used a bidet while visiting Japan for 6 weeks. I thought they were great, and when I got home I vowed that I would one day upgrade my toilet to a bidet toilet. I then promptly forgot about it until nearly a year later. I did some research into bidet toilets and one look at the price convinced me to try an alternative. The bidet toilet seat attachments seemed the easiest and cheapest way to go, so I found the cheapest one with the highest ratings and bought it.

I used several different types of bidet while in Japan, and while I really liked the ultra-nice ones with the warm water, the seat heaters, the multiple streams, and the little dryers, none of those are really necessary. This simply little bidet does only one thing: shoot out cold water with varying degrees of pressure. And that is all that I really needed. I was worried that the cold water might be uncomfortable, but it doesn't bother me at all. The water pressure is good, I never need to go above "Low".

It was easy to install, though it would have been about 10 times easier if the instructions weren't utterly worthless. The parts it comes with are fairly intuitive to assemble. The only part that really held me up was the little clear hose that connected the bidet to the toilet tank. I assembled the entire thing and was left with that one piece only to find that it was impossible to get on without taking it all apart again. So make sure that hose is connected to the tank attachment before putting the attachment on the tank.

Oh, and when I say easy to install, I am speaking as a woman who has never done any plumbing work in her life - the most I assemble are bookshelves and desks. So, yeah, really easy to install.

Instructions:
1. Connect the clear hose to the toilet tank thingy.
2. Connect the toilet tank thingy to the toilet tank.
3. Remove the toilet seat and reassemble it with the bidet.
4. Connect the clear hose to the bidet.
5. You are done. Test for leaks. It works, yay!

UPDATE 2/21/13: 2 years of use and absolutely no problems!
UPDATE 1/1/15: 4 years of use and all is well!
1111 comments| 1,282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2014
For the price, it's great. My only real complaint is the appearance of the mounts. Kind of ugly, and you have to pay close attention to how much room you have to the left of the toilet (if you're standing up facing it). Literally one more millimeter and I would've been back to the dry-wipe zone.

As for it's main function; you have to sort of scoot around as you schpritz up, mo make sure you get every nook and crannie. Also, since there's no warm water to it, that initial blast is a shocker ... gets ya every time, and in the winter if you do it for too long you'll end up with a frozen rosebud. Lastly, heed others' warnings about turning it on full blast or you'll end up with a high colonic. I thought I was a "badass" and turned it up to 11 the first time ... almost launched me into the next room.

All-in-all, if you're looking for a decent, "starter" bidet at a cheap price, you'll be happy with this one, and the installation (albeit icky) really is easy.
review image
1818 comments| 431 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2013
This product is very easy to install and the instructions are clear. The price is very good. I did not use any Teflon tape for securing anything. The water comes out just right and a good angle. the pressure of the wash is adjustable. (TIP: use a lower pressure at the main valve for comfort). It cleans very well. Some splatter may happen initially in the back part oft he toilet seat. BE CAREFUL if you want to test it without sitting on it, as could go a long way! :) [I've used it for about 3 months now]
44 comments| 443 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2017
I turned 30 and almost immediately tweaked my back.
--I had heard you start to fall apart, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast 😅. Anywho, the exact motion which was causing problems was the "wiping the butt" motion. I already have problems doing this because of a surgically-fused spine, but these back problems were really putting a damper on my toilet time. I had been curious about bidets and though maybe a bidet was my solution.

I looked on Amazon and found this one. I ordered it and it was delivered ASAP--necessary given my current predicament--and a housemate installed it. My seat was old and the screws were rusty, but installation looked simple enough and took almost no time at all, just as advertised.

My only complaint is that my toilet is in an alcove (a problem with my toilet, not the product), and so it needed to be installed off to one side. Even in this configuration it works perfectly--no more tweaked back!

After using this thing I am never going back to toilet paper. It's convenient, easy, cuts down on time in the bathroom and was cheap, to boot! Basically, I'll be getting these for every toilet in the house.

Thanks Astor!*

*I wasn't paid for this review; I just received a kind email from the seller asking if I'd review. It's an American product, and I'm honestly just super enthusiastic about not being in pain wiping my butt--a pretty low point in my life if I do say so myself.
review image
on October 21, 2016
This has been a game changer in my day to day life; in retrospect I may have spent more for the fancier ones on Amazon but this is worth the price and was easy to install and I have no wish to part this until it breaks or I get a place with a second toilet.
on July 22, 2017
We became acquainted with bidets at the home of an acquaintance, so decided to get some for ourselves. We purchased one for each bathroom from Astor, after reading the information and reviews, and are happy we did. They arrived right on time, a friend of ours installed them for us and they work perfectly. I feel clean and fresh after bowel movements and use a lot less toilet paper, and therefore flush less. So this is good for the environment as well as being good for us! The low setting is what I recommend as being strong enough to do the job.
on May 4, 2017
This is one great product! My husband just had back surgery so he can't twist or bend over which causes a real issue when he goes to the bathroom. Our son-in-law found the bidet on Amazon and ordered it, we got it quickly and he installed it in less then 15 minutes. You get a range of water pressure (as my husband puts it " from garden hose to fire hose." ) I love it too, it makes me feel clean and fresh.
on June 28, 2015
Easy installation and does what it's designed to do. Surprisingly accurate aim. The only thing I'm not happy about is now my toilet seat sits at an angle. I don't know if that is bad for the seat or not, I guess we'll see. Seems like some toilet seat front risers would fix that issue. Now I have to search for some the hight the bidet raises the seat. Or perhaps it's a nonissue.
on January 16, 2017
The Good: Works as described, quality parts, relatively easy install.

The Bad: I live in St. Louis, MO; The average ground temperature is 52 degrees F. That makes for one COLD stream of water on the tush! I am an alto that sings soprano when it turns on! :) It leaves a 3/4" gap at the front of the toilet seat...Doesn't cause a problem, just startling if you are not aware or used to it. Finally, you MUST tighten the plastic fittings with a wrench to avoid leaks. I believe they advertise that you do not need tools to install, but you do.