Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Astral Travel for Beginners: Transcend Time and Space with Out-of-Body Experiences (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 12, 2004
The author gave suggest not to smoke and drink coffee before our first astral trael. Then, there was mind travel exercise before start an astral tavel. In this book, you'll find 11 techniques : First astral travel, meditation method, swing mehod, the french method, the whirlwind method, the visualization technique, will power method, chakra method, affirmation method, the christos method and hypnotism method. So, you can find which technique work best for you. Of course you can teach to another person, so both of you can go travel together. Just like anothers Webster's book, it's easy to follow
on June 28, 2001
If you are looking for a good guide on Astral Travel, or Out of Body Experiences, I'd highly recommend this book.
The best part of the book is that Mr. Webster makes you feel very comfortable with the experience, and *destroys* many of the myths and misconceptions of Astral Travel (like getting stuck or dying while travelling).
Friends have also told me that this is one of the best books on the topic. So popular in fact, that I have given away at least a dozen as unique gifts.
Recommended!
on August 25, 2002
Some of the reviewers said that this book was "boring, dry, etc", but when I read it--there was nothing there that was any of those things. I personally don't like books that are boring and dry, if this book was that, then I would've not read it in one sitting. I just couldn't stop reading it--and, yes, there were some parts that were boring, etc.
Now, about the Astral Travel. After reading this book I felt very asured that I can accoplish an OBE. I haven't had any results, but I just started practicing it a few days ago, so I wouldn't know. I will write a book when/if I accomplish to Astral Travel. This book is very interesting and helpful.
Very Recommended.
I have been involved in numerous kinds of meditation practices (Zen methods, Yoga methods, Tai Chi methods, Self-Hypnosis techniques) over the years and found most of the techniques beneficial for relaxation and for giving positive affirmations to improve myself. There is some hard science that has shown real benefits of meditation and relaxation practices. There were also times that I imagined I was mind traveling while in deep self-hypnosis and meditation.

I decided to read more information on so-called “Astral travel” even though I am suspicious of anything that focuses on mysticism or pseudoscience. I purchased this 227 page soft cover (Astral Travel for beginners: transcend time and space with out-of-body experiences by Richard Webster) at a bargain price on Amazon and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this book.

I strongly believe the mind is the most powerful weapon a human being has and that our minds can create all kinds of creative activities that may or may not be based upon reality. This book approaches the subject of astral travel, which is also termed out-of-body experiences, as a fact rather than a controversial topic. Nevertheless, I admit to finding this a very interesting book to read. I also was able to imagine myself traveling into space and visiting (I have always had an interest in astronomy) our planets; however, I have a good imagination and I cannot say for certain that I was astral traveling but in my mind I could travel anywhere I desired.

I have not tried all the techniques in this book but I am still in the process of investigating the material from my perspective. This book has 15 chapters and covers an enormous amount of material. Some of the chapters include: Astral travel requirements, a few definitions, involuntary astral travel, getting started, the astral world, advanced astral travel and many other topics.

If you are interested in learning some simple techniques to achieve mind travel and astral traveling you should check out this book. I personally found it a good read and liked this book.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Haiku Moments: How to read, write and enjoy haiku).
on March 20, 2010
Is astral travel real? If one can do it would it benefit their spiritual growth?

I continue to ask these questions and so this rather old, 1998, book caught my eye in the library.

Astral Travel for Beginners is not as spooky or "out there" as it might seem. Richard Webster does not go into the holier than thou "enlightened" mediums and spiritualists who claim to be especially gifted and have always been around.

He seems to truly believe that anyone, not just those special individuals, is able to astral travel and provides a methodology to accomplish the feat. He presents the topic as well within the possibility of anyone. He provides several techniques and present possible hindrances to a successful travel to help a wide range of people.

After reading the book I found his recommendations and methods interesting and promising. I have tried other methods to no avail, but decided to buy this book and remain open to the possibility.

Interested in travel without the problems of surcharges on your luggage? This may be your ticket.

I am recommending this book based on my first read. Perhaps it will help you or not. Me? I don't know the answer yet but will update this review if I am successful and add the fifth star.

Bon voyage.
on December 12, 2003
I had a lucid dream by following the method given by Mr. Webster in page 40, the very first day I read it, I awoke in my dream. It is a great book!, and Richard Webster knows a lot about the subject of astral projection.
on May 7, 2000
I found this book easy to understand with easy methods. I haven't had an OBE with one of his methods yet but I am well on the way; I have had nearly all the feelings mentioned and I imagine it will only be a week or so until I leave the body. The author gives loads of methods (about 10) and they are all really good ones. He also mentions lots and lots of stories throughout the book which are really interesting. He also gives you a feeling that you can accomplish it whatever. If you want to have an astral projection, then this is the book for you.
on March 15, 1999
If you never had an OBE, this is a great place to start. You aren't swamped by details, and many methods are covered. The book doesn't pretend to be a "do all" "end all" of OBEs, it is an introduction. If you plan to learn much about OBEs, this book isn't designed for it. It introduces you to the OBE phenomenom and various methods to do it.
on July 15, 1999
Although I am not overlooking the fact that this book can assist you to achieve an astral travel, this book is quite colorless. I declass this book for two main reasons: 1.Dullness:This author swamps us and just goes on and on with historical stories and not much fun "astral-talk" that keeps you enraptured. Mr. Webster writes this book but does not put passion into it, and for an avid reader like me, that is somehow thwarting. I view this book as more of a pocket reference book, not a metaphysical classic. You want an astral travel book which you read from cover to cover and 2,000 times, on the contrary if you wish to read paranormal bed time stories at night, I highly recommend this one. 2:Work Ethics:Mr. Webster condones espionage upon people and forewarns the reader becuase the person might see your phantom (What? you aren't supposed to be there in the first place!) I don't know about you, but my loved ones might mistaken me for the boogeyman and be frightened. Also making lots of fame when you go through time to entitle you as a prophet, people should astral travel to gain cosmic consciousness or finding missing children and not being famous with petty vanities. Mr. Webster, spying (or "checking out" as you say) on people is morally wrong and it seems like you need some polishing. I hold nothing personal agains you but as a up-standing US citizen I must confess "You owe everying a mother and a parent have ever accomplished. "If you get this book, decide you what is right, but this book with determination, can help you get an OBE with over a donzen methods.
on March 9, 2000
this was a good descriptive book with several different methods of leaving the body...i liked the fact that the author stressed that your beliefs, doubts and fears shaped your astral world while you travel...i have found this to be true...i do, however, think he could have included more detailed personal experiences for comparison, to give you a better idea of some of the things he mentioned.