- Series: Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union Symposia and Colloquia (Book 260)
- Hardcover: 816 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (August 22, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521764777
- ISBN-13: 978-0521764773
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 1.4 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,427,672 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Role of Astronomy in Society and Culture (IAU S260) (Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union Symposia and Colloquia) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
IAU S260 examines the role of astronomy in the modern world and its links to culture and society. This book brings together experts and practitioners from a broad range of fields to address questions relevant to astronomy's potential contributions to education, development, culture and the arts.
Browse award-winning titles. See more